Level unlocker and Nitro patch

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Level unlocker and Nitro patch

Post by Abula »

What do you think should those programs be legalized? You cannot notice who is using and also only the most active minority (professionals) gets the advantage of them which means more unequality. This thing popped into my mind after releasing the Alovolt tool for public.

I know those things are bad etc. but but, what do you think?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
m0nkeii
Kuski

meh

Post by m0nkeii »

i dont have the level unlocker but i have nitro
i think it should be legalized but with a better system that is harder to hack into. like aal and them made it so u couldnt tell if it was nitro or not and that screwed things up. it should be just for fun, like muckin around and that.

heh any n00bs without nitro get it here
www.not.yet.legalized.com

youll need to have elastomania 1.0 (most recent version 1.11)
i wont give you that or someone will eat me
just look for it in a decent search engine
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
dz
first 39tt

Re: meh

Post by dz »

m0nkeii wrote:i think it should be legalized but with a better system that is harder to hack into.
simpyly, out of question, or at least 0.1% possible so its just better to stick up with the nitro abula is talking about and not to dream some better one since no one is doing it anyway.

I've lost my level unlocker looong time ago and sometimes i feel like i could find use for it, but every time ive felt "oh what the heck" and didnt bother find it.
On the other hand, i just couldn't live without nitro's "merge replays" ability. Whenever i try to look for alternative styles i usually check on nitro is it really faster or not.

so im fully supporting publishing nitro patch available for everyone and hope it will happen. level unlocker on the other hand, i think is not so important, though it affects gameplay as well. some ppl may practise end part of a long level, some needs to go all the way to get there, which is unfair. actually i think publishing level unlocker would be a good thing as well.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i use nitro for reply merging
it should be legalized, why not?
i've got level unlocker, but i've never used it
i didn't play much exteranls and most of them weren't locked

levs at world cup should not be locked
players with unlocked would get biiiig advantage
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

You can make a real cheat tool if you have Nitro patch. That's why it's bad thing to spread it.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

wats with ppl and cheating, do u get a thrill out of it?
hide that shit, dont bring it out, else there shall be cheaters gathering everywhere and ppl like meself who play it true will be left with shit total times.....i wish there was no cheating, but ppl just have to push to the limit, dont they....if i cheated, i cood never look at my total time and be proud of it......
mcleod
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

can´t anyone just make a patch to elma so Merge Replays replaces Demo as in the nitropatch... I mean if you are sceptic to releasing the nitro :?:
Levelunlocker I see no reason at all for not releasing... I guess most people don´t care, but everyone shpuld be able to unlock if they like (since some allready can). It can´t help to cheat anyway.

/peace love and NitroPatch
Elasto Mania - ez better
DYW265
Kuski

Post by DYW265 »

all those lev unlocker and alovolt one key etc makes elma less difficult and i think thats not good for the game. lev unlocker is good on one point, if you play a very cool level and want to see how it was made, all pictures placed on a special way and so on....
Xupacabra
Kuski

oh just forget it

Post by Xupacabra »

it really isn't fair when ppl who try to make fast times just get to a part of a lvl they are not good in and practice...
be fair - play well

when i got elma i practiced on bowling time after time always doing all the way to the pipe...

:wink:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

A lot of people already has the program, so it's more fair if everyone has them, no?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

Nitro and Unlocker should be legalized. You can already download nitro from hundreds of pages, and by a careful search on Google you can find at least 2 links to unlocker, so it's worthless trying to hide these progs...
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

yeah well the main issue is of course equality, and now when Hibernatus made merge replay function seperated from nitro, i dont think it should be published anymore, at least on the name of equality..

and of course, lev unlocker should be available
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

hm i have a sense that somewhere u can already merge replays without nitro... about cheating - should mopofazis support it ? i don't think someone who can hack nitro for cheating has any problem finding nitro , as long as he knows what it is . but another perspective is that nitro can be used as a training program . also the unlocker can help u train , but how about cheating ? my memory tries to explain that u can cheat with it , by moving the start position , or by moving some verteces to make the level faster .

my humble opinion is that u should not release these tools , cos any active player can get them himself if he really wants to , cheater or not - but why support cheating , when the real problem , as i see it , is that elma just is too insecure .
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

If someone has moved or made something different in a level with level unlocker, to get better time, then that replay won't work with the contest holder's level. So such a way of cheating is useless.
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i suppose u hack that problem.. if u have nitro u can merge replays from different levels , so it could be possible .
-
-
dz
first 39tt

Re: Level unlocker and Nitro patch

Post by dz »

Abula wrote:What do you think should those programs be legalized? You cannot notice who is using and also only the most active minority (professionals) gets the advantage of them which means more unequality. This thing popped into my mind after releasing the Alovolt tool for public.
so if you can find one link in one topic in one of elma forums, it means its "released for public" ?

there are ppl who has a modem, and least thing they most likely will do is to browse slowly trough some forums

how about publishing on moposite ?
oh i forgot, your having summer holiday :wink:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Ehhhmmm, when I had a modem I browsed slowly through forums.... :P
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

SveinR wrote:Ehhhmmm, when I had a modem I browsed slowly through forums.... :P
I have still a modem.

Nitro patch is decided, it is illegal (because we have now replay merger and slow motion in replays etc).

Level unlocker still under thinking.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

what slow motion?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula, can you describe more specific what does it actually mean when you say e.g. nitro patch will be illegal ? what are the consequences ?
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

I guess this means he does not puts up nitro on moposite...
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

jcl wrote:I guess this means he does not puts up nitro on moposite...
..or let people to share it here on Mopolauta.

Using it cannot be detected and therefore using it is still possible (same with unlocker).
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

What is Nitropatch?
Is it just the same as Hibernatus´ 1.11h?
If it´s what ithink it is, then it shold´nt be legalized! :evil:
Image ^_^
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

milagros wrote:what slow motion?
the arrow keys in replay makes slow motion, double speed, fast forward, and rewind
-
-
Toaster
Kuski

Post by Toaster »

Let the levunlocker be public. I have the unlocker, but i don't use it much... way is it cheating, if you make a traning level??? if all can do it???
Levunlocker is not a cheat. Not more then Alovolt.... I used the Levunlocker in the World cup 8O , cos for me it isn't cheating.. (maybe it's cheating but thats only cos not all have acces to the unlocker)

And nitro... No need to be public.. i have it, but i don't use it anymore... It's fine that PPL have to search for it if they want the NitroPatch