About quitting..

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

About quitting..

Post by dz »

what is it that makes ppl so mad they want to quit ? is it losing wrs ?
i dont know about statistics, but i think the summertime/holiday is the element which puts many players thinking other things than playing, as usual, but very few will not sit back and start elma when the unnormal part of the year is over. recently, as usual i guess, many players have announced this "im quitting for good" and wont play for now, but just how many of those will come back anyway when things normalize again, when it's cold outside, rain is slapping the ground, wind is whispering gently, and there is nothing else to do.. :~b
bob

ok buddy

Post by bob »

stop talkin shit!
who gives if they dont play, aslong as ur playin u shood be happy.
why do u care anyway uve taken every bloody record and u cant take champIONs place, he was the best.

yeh
EML
Kuski

quit!

Post by EML »

Well, quiting is not careing any more about records for me. You still can fuck around with the little game. Is cursing allowed in this board? Fuck, Shit, Ass, Cunt!!
-I'm Jesus. Be Jesus like me. Religion is Poison.-

Ultimate Power - EML
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

Apparently not. Apart frm cunt, which is allegedly worse than the others. Also, I congratulate anyone who can pull themselves away from this addictive, emotionally and time-draining game :twisted:
Alazorn
Kuski

Post by Alazorn »

Pherhaps what drives people to quitting, would be ....some strange thing called life ;)
ThanaTos
Kuski

Post by ThanaTos »

what's life?

someone who can explain it to me?
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

motherfucker
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

What the hell kind of a response is that? Are those?
marty
Kuski

eh.

Post by marty »

shit happens, people quit when they get bored.
eh.
DacBitch
Kuski

Post by DacBitch »

MJXII wrote:What the hell kind of a response is that? Are those?
he and eml were trying to find out if you can write such words like
bitch, ass, cunt, motherfucker, dick, twat - or however it's spelled :] and slut

dacBITCH
Petri
Kuski

Reasons for quiting

Post by Petri »

I quit Elma about 16 months ago, the reasons were following:

1. Elbono and Karlis betrayed me and broke my WR with the help of my rec.
2. I got 00.01 from WR in Haircut and a little after WR was made better.
3. I found another nice game to play.
4. Many of my friends quit the game as well.

These might be reasons for other people as well, especially the 3rd reason.

- Petri
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

btw. Who quitted in the last period?

ciph/mick0r/psy/Karlis/pajen/dd/...

are they still playing?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

As far as I know...

ciph is taking a break.

Mick has quitted (though he's playing one internal and some externals, strange quit I think)

ZeiZei quitted and won't come back (he said), we'll see.

psy is waiting Wcup4.

Karlis is in the army for a month. He doens't know yet if he'll still drive seriously.

I've not heard about pajen after his Serpents Tale WR like six months ago or something.

Deadelous is playing but he has no internet connection access.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Alazorn
Kuski

Post by Alazorn »

People quit when they realize Elma sux (usually connected to lotsa höyling, very short from wr and die by flower).

Really there are so much more fun stuff to do then höyl elma ;)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

yeah and whats funny is ppl cant understand they can do other things and play elma at the same time. (no i dont mean exact same time, but in generally) :)
DYW265
Kuski

?

Post by DYW265 »

has sathy quit too, or why hasn´t he updated my cah´kon halftime rec :?:
Abula
Moposite admin

Re: ?

Post by Abula »

DYW265 wrote:has sathy quit too, or why hasn´t he updated my cah´kon halftime rec :?:
He just mailed you, didn't he.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

the only time i can play well is when i'm a bit starved from elma . if i play 5 minutes every day it's just to waste time and it's boring , but when i used to go to school it was so much more fun and i could beat times every day .
-
-
DYW265
Kuski

Re: ?

Post by DYW265 »

Abula wrote:
DYW265 wrote:has sathy quit too, or why hasn´t he updated my cah´kon halftime rec :?:
He just mailed you, didn't he.
yes he did.
Alazorn
Kuski

Post by Alazorn »

Sometimes I think to myself "Sure, I play a couple of times, just to get the elma feeling"..

Yee I plan to play bout 5-15 mins, but the next time I look at the clock 4 houres has passed. So... elma is a dangerous drug
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I think quitting means just taking a break for 80% of quitters :?
Alazorn
Kuski

Post by Alazorn »

true dz: after quitting ..depressin comes creeping
milagros
Cheatless

Re: .

Post by milagros »

Alazorn wrote:People quit when they realize Elma sux (usually connected to lotsa höyling, very short from wr and die by flower).

Really there are so much more fun stuff to do then höyl elma ;)
people quit when they realize they suck in elma :mrgreen:
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

I know i suck and i'm not going to quit :D
Kloque
Kuski

Post by Kloque »

I suck too, and I have a new Girlfriend who I spend most of my day with, and I work, but I dont think I will ever REALLY quit elma, I will always be sitting at my pc, looking for something to do, and see the little helmet icon and double click it un conciously and start playing some externals, or building a level, with ideas I didnt know I had, I think I wont ever quit. ok!
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

girls

Post by Karlis »

a girl can get out of elma scene, but nothing lasts forever, girl leaves and you're back

been there.......
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

Hehe I just made sure my GF will get addicted to elma, too :)
She completed 43 levels till now...
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

I tried to get my gf addicted to elma, but I failed, yes, I've failed, I'm not trying again
Ramone
50mins club

Quit for Real?

Post by Ramone »

I have really been thinking that I should quit Elma for a while. I Have played across/elma for a long time now. And it was allways ok, juts cruised and played for fun. Until a year ago, I bought own computer (before that I lived without computer for over 6 months, and hey, I didnt die :wink: ) and then I started to play more elma than ever, make levels and take part of the scene. Before that is was just a game, I played it when I felt like, played some contests. Just chilled. And still I say I just play for fun, do I? Now I even starts to get bored of the game. For real it seems. I can sometimes see joy in it when I find a new style for some stupid level (all levels are stupid) or when I feel like I have done a fun level. But more and more.. it really gets boring. I sit and have nothing to do, so, I play elma. But it is just boring. I really hope I will quit soon and play if there is a new version. So please, (really please, this is honest) dont ask me to try any levels. I had almost quit elma when I was askede to try BarTeks old hoyla Levs. = Hooked. And then I met this guy MP on mIRC and he asked me to try his new Contest (ALP, maybe you heard about it) = Hooked. I mean, I got hooked cause the levels were good, but I dont wanna care about good levels. I wanna Live damnit. The thing is, I cant control it. After moving from broadband and so I also spend less time with my computer. But then again, who of the players who have quit, have really quit? I duuno, does it matter to me, if I will make it. I just wanna fucking quit. Bah. I like watching nice recs etc. But why? WHY? I dotn see why, I just know I do. And what is inventive? It is only pushes on buutons... Just about timing. How can that be a feeling of cruz? That I had when I still spent time on my Skateboard, when I still had the energy to take my bike someplace. It is really annoying, and my friends (the ones I dont talk with everyday who know I still play elma) allways asks: Do you still play that game. And I allways answer: It is really starting to become a problem.
What the hell shall I say? Yet I try to convince ppl to play it. Without success though. I really wanna find another game to play, a game where there is no onlineScene. Where I can just play when I feel like. But rather do other stuff. Dont take me wrong, all the guys I got to know are great guys. But it is not what I want. I can be glad when friends call off, cause then I have time to beat that record I planned to. And when friends call me I may say: I dunno, I just found this new style and...
In their ears it probably sounds like: Yada Yada Yada. (go George :wink: ) And I hesitate to do REAL LIFE STUFF! I really am a nerd. I have become what I have teased other ppl for. Aand I have become much worse than they ever where. (ok, one of my friends has a big nintendo tatto over his arm) And will I now manage this? I dont play internals and never did. And atm I have nothing to play. So I feel it would be a good opporunity to quit. Before some new nerd shows me some well done levels. WHat the fuck... I guess this is really not a topic subject. But I know many ppl really wanna quit, but can´t. And why cant we`? Why does the Times we play for matter? Why do we care. When I try to explain to ppl that it does matter, I guess I am just stupid, it fucking dont matter. ok! Fuck. I really should quit. If I really wanna quit also tomorrow I will post a link and zip all my ALP recs and my 4 Lost records. If anyone care... after all it is juts stupid files!
Shit.
Damn.
Well.. I have one rec I guess I wont post... someone asked me not to. and maybe I have other I cant.. dunno now... hmmm, wonder if this text became long. Well, if anyone had the energy to read trough this... QUIT!
It is my best advise!
DO IT DAMN IT!
I mean, you have played this game for ages. and what if a new game comes out in 2 years, will you still play and continiue to play, you must realise that your playing just will be even madder in the hunt for new wrs when levs are fresh etc.
Now I dare ppl to quit. Just post here and tell. Even if you have just thought about it. Try, I will at least try, earlier I have only thought about it. Never really tried. I dont NEED this. I dont WANT this.

:cry:

wish me luck, please...
Elasto Mania - ez better
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I have never tried and won't I guess. I'm lying to myself that I can control it (hey, clock is 4:06am and I'm updating Moposite) and will only decrease the playing when more important things come. But I know it isn't that. There are things I have skipped because of Elma but not that much anyway. But as I told in my interview I have gotten so much joy and friends in Elma that I can't say this was or is a mistake.
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Ramone you know many will miss you, but as u say.. u cant spendyoure whole life on a game... but, if u dont play elma it's another game that u play...

I think I wont quit elma ever again(had some brakes...) I think i will allways drive from now :P but some weeks maybe not, but allways soft-drive or sometimes maybe join contest etc...
Wcup4 is soon ending! ;) ;(
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
Cna
Kuski

Post by Cna »

People quit cause they want the others to miss them :twisted:

Honestly, why quit? Just take a break and play when you feel like it...
When you sit infront of your comp and have nothing to do.. Elma is good to have :wink:
Maybe most people just stop being involved in the comunity when they quit, I bet they still cruise when they have nothing to do...
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

sound resons i know of:
-big exams coming up. study needed in all the spare time. then they just don't get back into it after 6 months or so
-it does get boring, especially for the people who don't use mopolauta or irc. you can just decide that you would rather be watching tv or surfing or something

something that has tempted me: making a level or hoyling for hours on end and then realising what i'm doing. >making a level or time that about 100 people or less will see, that isn't even that good, and will probably get no feedback for<
it is just so frustrating to play all this time and not really achieve much
i get this feeling of despair that i'm wasting my time and should be doing something that i enjoy, something socially acceptable, something that people in my normal life will be impressed by, instead of people i hardly know that live thousands of miles away not really caring about
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

I have´nt played this game for so long but I got really stuck at it for a while. In the beginning me and my friend competed on the internals. Maybe I played pretty much then. But I got much better then him and that was no fun anymore. Then I found this scene on the internet and played som more internals. But I guess I was lucky to not get to good and not to stuck in it. I´ve quited played internals and I tought about quiting averything with it. But now I have no problems with it. I check the good replays and on mopolauta. I play maybe 15 minutes a day. And just the Wc-level, so when the WC is over I guess my playing is to. I feel sad for people like Ramone that feels so about this game, many I guess thinks that it´s just a game and that they don´t have a problem with it. But I´ll say everybody that checks regurarly on the moposite has some kind of problem. I hope everybody will be able to quit. Maybe the best thing for everyone is that TAKE AWAY MOPOSITE. For me it wouldn´t matter but maybe for people like Ramone. Elastomania is a funny game but should people be warned of the backsides? =) keep hoyling guys and please don´t think of the real life that waites outside you window. It´s just trees and birds and the sun and the sees. I love those things....hehe...I think you guys should start play golf instead. It´s great...=)...But not on the winter tough, maybe you could play Elma then? have fun anyway. bye for me.
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

So you will quit jonas ?

hmm, to bad
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Jonas wrote:Maybe the best thing for everyone is that TAKE AWAY MOPOSITE
Its true! if there was no scene i wouldnt play elma...thered be no point! thered be no top 300 tt table to stay on...no NWRs
(:D)...No Cloud!!! :o
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Marvin
Kuski

Post by Marvin »

I think it's sad if some ppl quit just because the lose a WR. If that's the case, they don't play for fun anymore... Sure, I bet it's fun to get a wr, but wtf. You should quit when you've gotten fed up with the game, or when you found something better to do.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

ChuckleS wrote:thered be no top 300 tt table
and your struggling with that arnt u chux
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Damn, quitting is hard :D
I might play some this week I feel, maybe test the WC lev, play some LOM and then try to play less and less... not sure yet.
At least I try :!:
Elasto Mania - ez better
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

if u try u will get hooked ;)
-
-
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

Hey Ramone...just delete all you´re Elma stuff...Isn´t so hard...!!!
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

nah dont delete it, i think most of us will still play a bit of el ma every now and again for fun, even afta we stop hoyling hard and trying to the best
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Ky.Jelly wrote:
ChuckleS wrote:thered be no top 300 tt table
and your struggling with that arnt u chux
Yep :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Is it me quittor when wcup ends 8O
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Ok, today me and my friend Booked Plane Tickets to Thailand. We Fly away 12th of march and then we will just travel around for a while. We will be back in sweden 13th of June.

Aaaaaah, nice 3 months that will be. :D
Cant play Elma there :lol:
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

we will send elma to every cyber cafe and peronal email address in asia, then when ever you check anything on the net all you will have to do is install and play, have to be shareware version though, wouldnt want to getinto to much trouble
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Well then we should buy the game for every net cafés in Asia, so he could play legally...
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

ramone wrote:Ok, today me and my friend Booked Plane Tickets to Thailand. We Fly away 12th of march and then we will just travel around for a while. We will be back in sweden 13th of June.

Aaaaaah, nice 3 months that will be. :D
Cant play Elma there :lol:

are u sure u cant play ;))) hoho

dont they have computers in Thailand :P
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Jonas wrote:Hey Ramone...just delete all you´re Elma stuff...Isn´t so hard...!!!
Have you done that ??
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Kopaka: No.
You dont cut off the dicks of sexaddicts, do you?
See what I mean :D
I must learn to handle it...
Elasto Mania - ez better