World Cup 6

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

World Cup 6

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I don't want to put additional pressure on Abula, nor px but, it's been pretty much 2 years since last World Cup and i think it might be time to start preparing (or at least thinking about) World Cup 6.

I am fully aware that Abula is very busy with paprika and his life and px maybe doesn't have as much time as he did before but, let's talk about the situation.

Will it happen?
When will it occur?
Who will organize the whole cup?
Same replay sending system as last cup?
Is the scene ready yet for this 6th cup?
Who will win WC6?

Please share your thoughts.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

its not impossible, px has said positive comments in #across
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

i want paprika to turn into moposite first
39:37,91
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

8-ball wrote:i want paprika to turn into moposite first
I totally agree. Though I want wcup6, paprika is more important to me.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

start it next week
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Orka new World Cup ;S

Anyway, I have to agree with the others, get Paprika ready (well it will probably never be "ready" as such, but the most important features) before getting to work on a new World Cup. Maybe 2008 could be good.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

SveinR wrote:Anyway, I have to agree with the others, get Paprika ready (well it will probably never be "ready" as such, but the most important features) before getting to work on a new World Cup. Maybe 2008 could be good.
I was just wondering,

what are the main features that are coming on paprika?
I know there should/could/will be automatic record updating but, what else?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

I would presonally love it if somehow belma would be a part of wc6. For example, besides the normal 6-7-100 days levels there would be smth like:
-groups of kuskis who play a certain level for 30-40 minutes (of course, this means that battlestarters have the option of adding a password delivered to those in the same group)
-or something like u-have-a-limited-number-of-lives/tries battles (maybe some ez battles with many apples and such)
-or a series of shortish one-trickish battles
And all this to be counted differently with some points which are like 10%-30%-x0% of the total etc. etc. etc.
I like this belma a lot and I think it’d be a pity to leave it out of a wc.

Dunno when that should be though, to be ontopic;p
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

NO pls don't make something like a belma-event in WC6!!! many good players are not able to use belma.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Lukazz wrote:NO pls don't make something like a belma-event in WC6!!! many good players are not able to use belma.
like me :wink:

agree with lukazz, no belma for worldcup6 (well, you can use belma but, no special belma event)
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I was able to use belma went away to europe came back and there is some new update and for some reason i cna't use anymore. Going to have to give it another try soon. But I like where boneless is taking this. I know there's a lot going on with the game right now and lots of action but we can't forget about our past. Our past is world cup the most fun and exciting cup in history. Becides MP might be retired and we may get a new winner! haha j/k I hope mp comes back for another one. Im going to get balelma working tonight. Peace! PS New Wave wr close.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

There were 3 years and 2 months between wc4 ended and wc5 started, and it's now been 2 years and 2 months since wc5 ended. Not that, that matters, but I wouldn't mind if it took a year untill the next.

And I agree with HHIT guys: belma is battle, world cup is a cup. So no belma in world cup please.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote:There were 3 years and 2 months between wc4 ended and wc5 started, and it's now been 2 years and 2 months since wc5 ended.
Hmm..

WCup 4 ended December 2002, WCup 5 started May 2005. Which is 2 years and 5 months (actually more like 4 months since WC4 ended 22 December and WC5 started 2 May).

And WCup 5 ended in August 2005, which is 1 year and 11 months ago.
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

SveinR wrote:
Kopaka wrote:There were 3 years and 2 months between wc4 ended and wc5 started, and it's now been 2 years and 2 months since wc5 ended.
Hmm..

WCup 4 ended December 2002, WCup 5 started May 2005. Which is 2 years and 5 months (actually more like 4 months since WC4 ended 22 December and WC5 started 2 May).

And WCup 5 ended in August 2005, which is 1 year and 11 months ago.
My math skills aren't what they used to be appearently. Anyway it's still half a year left if it should be same time between.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Who honestly gives a fuck about Paprika? A charming man absorbs the colour of life; only a commoner takes notice of the details. An Elma World Cup is a glorious marvel, as rich as a rose's scent, and as apricot as a summer's eve. Far too marvellous a dining hall in which to banquet frequently, still we may peer through its windows when our hunger especially pains us. That joy of all joys, such as a caged bird's song, instilling a newfound radiance in an old friend's eyes as though they themselves capture the melody, only to close once more, as though to hide their secret. Yes, let our appetites whet and our loins burn still further, but for Samson's sake, do not offend our palates with foul talk of a cheap, gratuitous spice.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

omg share this weed plz :) :) :) :) :)
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

haha sierra your a funny bastard.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

sierra wrote:Who honestly gives a fuck about Paprika? A charming man absorbs the colour of life; only a commoner takes notice of the details. An Elma World Cup is a glorious marvel, as rich as a rose's scent, and as apricot as a summer's eve. Far too marvellous a dining hall in which to banquet frequently, still we may peer through its windows when our hunger especially pains us. That joy of all joys, such as a caged bird's song, instilling a newfound radiance in an old friend's eyes as though they themselves capture the melody, only to close once more, as though to hide their secret. Yes, let our appetites whet and our loins burn still further, but for Samson's sake, do not offend our palates with foul talk of a cheap, gratuitous spice.
OMG sierra has vocabulary??? :P
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

I think it's time to take some of the pressure from both Abula and Px. You mentioned it very nicely, they are busy with their own lifes.

If some of the players with experience in this (Zebra would be a nice example), and by this I mean cups, I think we could set a lot of this up on our own. Its been around 2 years,and neither Abula or Px feel like arranging this, so why don't we ask permission to at least start arranging the cup on our own?
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

That's a great idea FW but does anyone know what needs to happen to set up a cup of this magnitude?
Religious Man
||
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Sure, moposite news about how a group of well-known players in the elma community have opened a Wcup6 website where they are discussing rules and how to set up the cup, and where rules are set up, and so on. Also an #IRC channel, and a Lauta topic! Then were heading somewhere...
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

we can do that
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

FW wrote:I think it's time to take some of the pressure from both Abula and Px. You mentioned it very nicely, they are busy with their own lifes.

If some of the players with experience in this (Zebra would be a nice example), and by this I mean cups, I think we could set a lot of this up on our own. Its been around 2 years,and neither Abula or Px feel like arranging this, so why don't we ask permission to at least start arranging the cup on our own?
Yep that's true. I'm afraid that abula & px are not going to arrange anything anymore, so if we want a new world cup, maybe we should arrange it ourself.

About mastercup 3 (or other TAP cup which could be coming): team TAP seems so inactive at the moment that it's not likely to happen in near future. I'm also uncertain about my own activity. Though arranging a world cup would be something. But I can't do it alone. There was that nice script which received all the recs. I remember it was published so maybe it can be used. I don't know how to set it up (haven't tried), perhaps skint0r could make it? I can gather the levs though :)

Another thing is that how many player would play it. Maybe a poll could be opened.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

surely wc5 would have at least 50 active players, maybe hundred or two in the first level. Anyway what I've been thinking of is somekind of donation wave for moposite and ballelma in celebration of soon to come 10 year anniversary of across. Maybe that would give a boost to elma scene, especially now that dark cold winter is coming ;O, a wcup could fit for many peoples calendar
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

and be sure to advertise teh cup everywhere taht we can get many players.
Seize the day
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

If the cup is to be named WorldCup6, please ask px and abu before doing so. Would be almost disrespectful to take the cup away from their hands. Who knows, maybe they've already started planning the cup.

If there is to be a new cup, name it different.

I'd love the moposite crew to arrange the cup as they made such an awesome job for the last few years.
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Well OF COURSE we have to ask permission from them first, everything else would be crazy :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

there should be as much advertising as possible =)

and big prizes too.. so we can get some real excitement. I've never put much time in cups.. but maybe this would be a start =P
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Xiphias wrote:and big prizes too..
prizes... never been a big fan. Maybe some small amount of money for top 3 and diplomas for top 10. But, i agree that prizes would bring more players from around the world.

Maybe the russians dude will start playing our cups :wink: (no offense to anyone)
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Because of the lack of donations for prizes for winners, I think we could make the prizes be something else than money. Couldn't we find up nice prizes in the community? Like...
Well, my point is, that prizes dont have to be money as usual!
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Atleast price could be something like a new status, maybe under the "38mins club" you get a star with WC written on it. they can be golden, silver and bronze. then you maybe could use the same for mk and such. max respect with like 10 stars, all in gold. :D
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Ya we must advertise the worldcup to the russian community and yes i think if they understand that their are good prizes at stake or half decient ones, they might even play which will make for 100+ players a lvl which would be tight. I know i would play more for a worldcup.
Religious Man
||
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Nah, that prize doesnt attract new players to the cup at all.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

I like Igges idea, but i can also understand that many don t like it.

Maybe make some belma shirt (like yellow shirt in tour de france) for the winner - i don t know how many russians play belma though...
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

elma shirts and accessories made by kopaka would be awesome as prizes!
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Winnar gets to cheat for 24 hours and try to get as many WRs as he can before time runs out!

Nah, but max nice to have shirts with elma pics printed on
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

hehe Igge is that the saveload program ur talking about? Ya that would be ez a few wrs. but shirts would be more cool. Maybe shirts could bring the russian community out of the wood works.
Religious Man
||
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

ez prize shirt.

with: a small star (gold silver bronze) for each major cup shit you won, and since there are not many major cups, you shouldn't get cluttered stars.

ez instead just put name and "max" after it.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
dorTrus
Kuski

Post by dorTrus »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Maybe the russians dude will start playing our cups :wink: (no offense to anyone)
Sure we will =)
what 4 me, i really like wcups and all shit concerned with it!
I felt that havent such a good elma abilities when i tried to play last wcups and sent my results maybe on few levels (those i could finish ;) ).
So now i feel that its possible for me to finish such levels and try to find better styles and wait for some decent time in overall standings!
I advertise idea bout wcup6 at our forum, which not really active at this summer days(
anyway, WCup6 will be great! :D
ps. about shirts - it is very pleasent prize and even useful ;)
like this http://up.k10x.net/ewtxnylekvsue/393_o.jpg skirt from point, wcups shirt will advertise champion of the world in elma when he will go outdoors in this shirt! :P
Mary-Jane Racers
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
TT 47:5x:xx / OLP TT 29:0x:xx
dorTrus
Kuski

Post by dorTrus »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Sure we will =)
what 4 me, i really like wcups and all shit concerned with it!
I felt that havent such a good elma abilities when i tried to play last wcups and sent my results maybe on few levels (those i could finish ;) ).
So now i feel that its possible for me to finish such levels and try to find better styles and wait for some decent time in overall standings!
I advertise idea bout wcup6 at our forum, which not really active at this summer days(
anyway, WCup6 will be great! :D
ps. about shirts - it is very pleasent prize and even useful ;)
like this http://up.k10x.net/ewtxnylekvsue/393_o.jpg skirt from point, wcups shirt will advertise champion of the world in elma when he will go outdoors in this shirt! :P
Mary-Jane Racers
dorTrus
Kuski

Post by dorTrus »

sorry for triple posting :x
some bug...
Mary-Jane Racers
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

Well, my idea was about a shit in belma, a bmp file!
I don t think anyone talked about real t shirt?? that s money just in some other form ;)

Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

Well, my idea was about a shit in belma, a bmp file!
I don t think anyone talked about real t shirt?? that s money just in some other form ;)

[EDIT] nice typo hm?
[EDIT2] sry...

Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Glad to see a russian involved now tell ur buddies about it.
Religious Man
||
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Palme wrote:I don t think anyone talked about real t shirt?? that s money just in some other form ;)
Winning money would suck badly, but having a trophy of some sort, i.e. a real t-shirt would be a very nice price. The top10 always gets diplomas as well.
Rules | FAQ
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

well, i was talking about real t-shirt...
belma shirt isn't much of a cool prize :?

look at those : http://www.cafepress.com/kopashop
awesome isn't it?! :D
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

yes prizes like that would surly get peeps involved.
Religious Man
||
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i want 'i can trust me' t-short
[carebox]
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Elma short shorts would be cool too. I would proudly go jogging in those.
Religious Man
||
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

just had a vision of someone driving in belma with a golden crown, with all sorts of gems, on his head... the winner of WC 6. would be kinda cool 8O :D
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday