EOL to Moposite connection

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

EOL to Moposite connection

Post by Kopaka »

Due to the saveload leak it is no longer enough proof of internal times to upload a state.dat which is why this feature has been disabled on Moposite records page. Therefore we have been working on a system to copy internal times from EOL to Moposite, which will soon be implemented. Meaning that internal times driven in EOL will be merged with the times in Moposite records system in order to have the most comprehensive collection of internal stats.

For this to work well it is important that users use the same nick on both websites, which is the reason of this post. We would like to encourage everyone to first of all create a user on Moposite if you don't have one. And to make sure that you are using the same nick on Elma Online and Moposite.

http://www.moposite.com/
http://elmaonline.net/
Igge
38mins club

Re: EOL to Moposite connection

Post by Igge »

I assume it won't be case sensitive?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Nice work :)
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

hem, i have teh same nick, but in moposite i am in no team however i am actually in [Valan].
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

What about the times I made offline during after the sl got released that is not yet updated in moposite, which I don't have in eol database?
This should mean I don't have 35 TT officially or what?
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Are there any considerations to a previous suggestion to also merge the moposite times into eol to make both sites/lists fully compatible and complete? In other words: shift+F5ing in EOL would display the official lists on moposite, not just the times driven in eol.

Also what bj said. My stats on moposite as Thundr- was deleted sometime in the past years for no particular reason that i know off. Maybe px/abula or whoseincharge fucked up. All i know is that sometime when i wanted to check for nostalgia my was gone from the site entirerly. This means i now have to drive equal or better on every single internal? Also in contrast to bjenns concern im not talking about times that were made after SL release, Im talking about really old times here, oldest being from 2003
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Weekly update? Just asking because, world records aren't weekly. That means hiding internal times on eol db wouldn't make sense anymore, which is a bad thing. Internal times still need to be hidden, as well as showing in players online list what level you're playing. Also need to be able to hide multiplayer invites. This was just a little feedback to everyone involved in the development... because atm it's fucked up, it really is, I don't want to describe the exact details of the problems in public, I have described them to mila :D. With all the problems fixed I think John would be up to cruising internals again. Btw I'm not angry or anything, the situation isn't really anyones fault in the scene, of course I'm happy about the free service for this uberpro game.

special thanks to kopaka <3
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Igge wrote:I assume it won't be case sensitive?
Yes it is NOT case sensitive.
Tigro wrote:hem, i have teh same nick, but in moposite i am in no team however i am actually in [Valan].
Change your nick in moposite?
Björn wrote:What about the times I made offline during after the sl got released that is not yet updated in moposite, which I don't have in eol database?
Can't speak about official policies, but doesn't look good, why would you drive offline anyway.
Thundr- wrote:Are there any considerations to a previous suggestion to also merge the moposite times into eol to make both sites/lists fully compatible and complete? In other words: shift+F5ing in EOL would display the official lists on moposite, not just the times driven in eol.
Yes!
Thundr- wrote:Also what bj said. My stats on moposite as Thundr- was deleted sometime in the past years for no particular reason that i know off. Maybe px/abula or whoseincharge fucked up. All i know is that sometime when i wanted to check for nostalgia my was gone from the site entirerly.
Seems unlikely times from one player would disappear completely. Try to send me a pm with some of the exact times you know that was there earlier, I can do some digging.
Zweq wrote:Weekly update? Just asking because, world records aren't weekly. That means hiding internal times on eol db wouldn't make sense anymore, which is a bad thing. Internal times still need to be hidden
Yes times will be copied from eol to mopo weekly. WRs ofcourse will be hidden on mopo like now untill they are updated on official table, and I will work on having internal times on eol work same way at some point.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Kopaka wrote:
Björn wrote:What about the times I made offline during after the sl got released that is not yet updated in moposite, which I don't have in eol database?
Can't speak about official policies, but doesn't look good, why would you drive offline anyway.
Secret internal hoyling like good old days.. I don't know what TT will show up on moposite when all this is finished, but I hope it will be changed if it's incorrect, else, fu again Smibu.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

smibu didnt do anything wrong o,o :)
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Tigro wrote:smibu didnt do anything wrong o,o :)
hey, it's Smibu's "fault" that we have to drive new internal times online, so Bjorn has a point here.

What about times that were driven before s/l got shared, but which hadn't been sent to moposite? Would it be possible to send these in to moposite? What if they were sent to other sites but moposite?
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

what about just trusting people and allowing one last sending in of state.dat (including edited states for people with problems like thunder). of course this would be excluding any world record times. would people really cheat for getting tt or top 10 times?
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

J-sim wrote:what about just trusting people and allowing one last sending in of state.dat (including edited states for people with problems like thunder). of course this would be excluding any world record times. would people really cheat for getting tt or top 10 times?
I'm a firm believer that people cheat for anything.
Fucking broken image every month
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Nice, I'm looking forward to this.
Björn wrote:I don't know what TT will show up on moposite when all this is finished, but I hope it will be changed if it's incorrect
I'm sorry to say that, but your tt will be poor 36:02:43. :lol:
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

My nick is already taken on moposite...

why don't you use some id instead of nickname to link tables or whatever?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Wouldn't be a problem had you thought of a proper nick instead of something common.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I didn't have any problems on eol, mopolauta, kopasite, elmastats etc. Not my fault that after 3 years I'm told to use other nick...

Does it mean that my account will be linked to some old inactive moposite account?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Yes it does =D
You could change nick to Chris__ though, noone would notice any difference =D
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I'm guessing abula or sach could fix if you ask. If the other chris is inactive like you say, there should be no problem removing him and changing your nick.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I wonder if that Chris is same as Chris Penrose, both british but can't see any duplicate times between them
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Kopaka wrote:I wonder if that Chris is same as Chris Penrose, both british but can't see any duplicate times between them
I have no problem with that Chris account on moposite, I just don't want to change my eol nick..
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Actually I made "Chris :>" account 1 or 2 years ago but it's not approved yet.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Björn etc: maybe we can add the times manually. We will find a reasonable solution to this. Let's see how the update goes first.

I also try to fix the Moposite user database to this day. Anyone willing to start to maintain it? Validating new players etc. Requirements: I know you and you are active.

There will be a solution for this nick collision thing too. Would be much appreciated if ppl could use same nicks in both ends (Moposite & EOL). We can't remove old players accounts so newer players should change theirs.

Thunder, I've been trying to be as careful as possible with all the old times but still I might have failed some players. If Kopaka doesn't find your times, we can always add them manually with correct dates etc. If it's important.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Abula wrote:Thunder, I've been trying to be as careful as possible with all the old times but still I might have failed some players. If Kopaka doesn't find your times, we can always add them manually with correct dates etc. If it's important.
Np he did find them, they didnt make it into the transition from old to new site or something like that. Only the times not yet beaten in eol are semi-important for me. Some old times i dont think ill beat so easely.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Should anyone know of someone who uses a nick on EOL that someone else used on moposite in the past, they can let me know :)
or just someone using different nick that might not have seen this
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Abula wrote:Björn etc: maybe we can add the times manually. We will find a reasonable solution to this. Let's see how the update goes first.
So I would like to have my times complete on moposite, it doesn't look good now on some levels. Not to talk about my Totaltime showing 36 when I have had 35 for many many months.

The times that are wrong and need to be fixed are:
3. Twin Peaks Bjenn [EF] Swedish 17,73 -> 17,70
19. Turnaround Bjenn [EF] Swedish 37,61 -> 37,40
33. Zig-Zag Bjenn [EF] Swedish 59,31 -> 57,83
40. Double Trouble Bjenn [EF] Swedish 1:21,21 -> 1:20,93
sources:
http://www.moposite.com/records.php?m=r ... toric=none
http://stats.milleniumlist.info/player.php?player=Bjorn

Also this 52. Hang Tight Bjenn [EF] Swedish 24,69
I drove 24.48 online some weeks ago, where is this time??
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Bjenn wrote:
Abula wrote:Björn etc: maybe we can add the times manually. We will find a reasonable solution to this. Let's see how the update goes first.
So I would like to have my times complete on moposite, it doesn't look good now on some levels. Not to talk about my Totaltime showing 36 when I have had 35 for many many months.

The times that are wrong and need to be fixed are:
3. Twin Peaks Bjenn [EF] Swedish 17,73 -> 17,70
19. Turnaround Bjenn [EF] Swedish 37,61 -> 37,40
33. Zig-Zag Bjenn [EF] Swedish 59,31 -> 57,83
40. Double Trouble Bjenn [EF] Swedish 1:21,21 -> 1:20,93
sources:
http://www.moposite.com/records.php?m=r ... toric=none
http://stats.milleniumlist.info/player.php?player=Bjorn

Also this 52. Hang Tight Bjenn [EF] Swedish 24,69
I drove 24.48 online some weeks ago, where is this time??
My totaltime does not automatically update at all. About 20 of my times were done since last tt update and before auto-updating site so it doesn't fix D:
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Ive noticed tons of inconsistencies with times. Seems is not working as intended this connection.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Also, "Fantasy".
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Looked for this topic, and now putting it more visible :)

Anyway all players should change mopo nicks equal too eol nicks
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]