Elma Olympic Games?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Elma Olympic Games?

Post by Chris »

I don't know if this is novel idea. We can have a tournament like Olympics where people will compete in different elma disciplines. Unlike World Cup it will be based on EOL battles rather than setting best time in lev during some period of time. I would prefer it to be competition of nations rather than teams like in WCup. Each winner will be awarded gold medal, for 2nd place silver and next place bronze. Then we can have a medal table and best nation would win the Olympics Games.

The disciplines could be:
-Normal (normal battle)
-Holya (very short battle)
-TL (long "impsy" TL lev)
-Pipe
-One life
-FF (normal FF)
-Uphill FF
-Slowness
-Survivor
-Last Counts
-Flag Tag
-1 hour TT
-Apple
-Speed

I don't think I will be able to organize it by myslef and I don't have much hope it will ever take place anyway...

What do you think about it? Do you have any suggestions: Who could participate? Should there be any qualification, how the finals should be carried. Should it be one day/week event or something else? What disciplines should be included? Discuss plz. :)
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
totem
39mins club

Re: Elma Olympic Games?

Post by totem »

bring back long jump discipline !
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

generaly speaking i like the idea of testing various aspects of kuski skill. Don't have interest in participating though. I also think each category needs at least a couple of battles. But if such contest ever hapens ill happily contribute with some uphills, hoyläs or clinb levs etc
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

less talking, more doing. i want to see zweqs doing impsy things
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

To simulate the real olympic situation you should first give the levs for free practicing and then battle them as one-life battles in EOL. xd
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

You could also have pipe climbing, pole hopping and no-gas uphills. I press for the latter.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Hm, imo the crippled stuff could be saved for the crippled elma olympics
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

Maybe have four runs in lev like skeleton and best total time wins
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Also being the olympics, not everyone should be invited, only the top players in each category will be able to compete
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I like the idea with nations competition.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Thundr- wrote:Also being the olympics, not everyone should be invited, only the top players in each category will be able to compete
Top players? Who would decide? I mean, there is like 5 player which are over "nabs", but after that many in the same level of quality.
Team SPEED

Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

He obv. means the "top" top.
This pretty much sums that up: http://www.moposite.com/records.php?m=tt
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Internal tt doesnt show it correctly, since not everyone plays them. Also, many of them inactive, or not participate in "cups".
Team SPEED

Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I believe that some players could have guaranteed place in final and everyone else could qualify. The main issue however is that there is no way I can restrict who should play certain battles as in EOL anyone can enter any battle. Beside that I would need some site where results could be displayed. I would need a lot of help with that. Once this is done, the exact format of event and levels aren't much issue to be honest. The levels could be battled once a week or everyday for 2 weeks or even during 1-2 days. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Labs wrote:Top players? Who would decide? I mean, there is like 5 player which are over "nabs", but after that many in the same level of quality.
Well I was more thinking in terms of having qualifiers ye, not actually someone sitting down deciding who gets to play what cuz that be pretty dumb obviously. So when the actual "olympics" start, only the top whatever who qualified gets to participate in the actual competition.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Is there any reason for filtering only top players into the main contest? In real olympics it's obviously because it's not possible to organize so that everyone is able to participate, but that's not an issue here.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Lousku wrote:Is there any reason for filtering only top players into the main contest? In real olympics it's obviously because it's not possible to organize so that everyone is able to participate, but that's not an issue here.
Yeah no reason, in something like alpine for example there is usually 70-110 participants, which is numbers you see rarely in elma competitions, so if you're going for mimicking no reason to cut away anyone.
nick-o-matic wrote:To simulate the real olympic situation you should first give the levs for free practicing and then battle them as one-life battles in EOL. xd
I don't see any reason for stuff like this either, most competitions in olympics mimicks the way they normally do that sport, they do only 1 run in downhill with free practice beforehand because that's the way they always do it in the world cup events etc. So better to do elma like we usually do elma. Can of course have one life, tt etc. as individual events.

An easy way to make a collection of battles is the battle league system on eol site, of course doesn't have the exact type of stats you want, but it's a start.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

True there is no actual reason aside from the feeling that you sort of play the competition in different steps like qualifying (everyone can join) > quarter > semi > final. At least thats what Im thinking with "olympics" otherwise could just name it "uphill/longjump/blabla competition" play a lev and be done with it and no one will remember.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Oke as I understand anyone would be able to compete. Also I guess in this case some or every discipline may need more than 1 battle to decide the winners. Anyway I may soon start some polls so I will know what you prefer.

@Kopaka so how would the EOL league system work? Is it possible to generate the medal table?
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I got an idea from this, make battle based cup with various categories, and maybe 5 battles per category and 3 best results per player in each category counts. I might organize something like this in a couple of months, we'll see. Also I would contribute levs if someone else does this.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Chris wrote:@Kopaka so how would the EOL league system work? Is it possible to generate the medal table?
You can check out the mopobattle page as an example http://elmaonline.net/statistics/league/1

I tried something out with medals: http://kopasite.net/up/aq0eah8803o2357/medaltable.png
Letters means Gold, Silver, Bronze, total amount, points: 3 for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze as a way to sort it, but no sorting is done here atm
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Oh man this is awesome! One way is always to actually vote players for each battle category and obviously each nation should do that seperately. We could for have 3 players from each nations in every different battle and every nation would decide best 3 players for that exact balletype. So not just 3 good players from each nation playing the whole contest.
I personally think that only adding different battletypes only isn't enough. There should/could be different variations of some seperate tricks and just the settings overall (shown or not, normal balle or
onelife, etc)
Keep giving ideas and comment my ideas freely! I can help somehow if this gets serious :)
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Let´s make elma paralympic games. Much more fun.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Tigro wrote:Let´s make elma paralympic games. Much more fun.
Haha. :beer:

Thanks for all comments. I'm reading everything and soon I will make a topic where you would be able to fill some form or vote and I will see what everyone wants. I just need to ask right questions. I also want as many people as possible to help me with organizing. I don't want the whole thing depend solely on me. If it happens it will take place no earlier than 2nd weekend of May. Stay tuned.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Tigro wrote:Let´s make elma paralympic games. Much more fun.
In all seriousness, this isn't half a bad idea for events. Elma with restrictions is interesting too.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96