Official EOL Mumble Server

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Thundr-
37mins club

Official EOL Mumble Server

Post by Thundr- »

Okay not really officialol but I have a permanent server stationed that will run 24/7 cuz fuck skype.

ip: 62.63.215.176
port: 64738

Simply wanted something you can idle and connect to as opposed of calling someone on a direct line.

EDIT: Okay I guess I should explain a bit moar instead of just heykkthxbye. This is essentially the same mumble server that we used a year+ back when bjenn was streaming elma on twitch and we had a bunch of people joining us, except at that time I was running the server temporarily while I was on my pc and booted it up when people wanted to use it osv. Now its running permanently 24/7 on a server rig. We have also used this server for playing path of exile with rusmans like striker and anpedad in the past.

ADHD version: This is nothing new. Its just old server being made permanent.
Last edited by Thundr- on 23 Jan 2015, 23:12, edited 3 times in total.
Ruben
Kuski

Re: Official EOL Mumble Server

Post by Ruben »

This is a good idea, though ideally I would really recommend TeamSpeak 3 for such a thing. Very good servers, and I know of a couple of free ones entirely made for gaming purposes, if this is desirable for Elma mans I will share ofc. My RTW clan uses one regularly with great success. Very ez to use as well.

I don't know much about mumble, but I guess it's kinda the same deal. It just seems like effort to have a dedicated server only for Elma.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I think there was a semi-active Ventrilo server five-ish years back, but even during the peak times there were only five people around. Also the Whatsapp group only has ~20 people, which shows that sadly not that many people are interested in the social part of the scene.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Its not really any effort to run a dedicated server. I am currently running 3 as a matter of fact. As in private servers located in my house and not renting or paying anything (on a 100/100 direct fiber connection). I do have a ts3 server up and running and a ventrilo as well actually.

This is not the first time I have done this, but before I just set up a server on my own gaming computer, now I have made things a little more permanent on server rigs. From previous experience running VOIP with elmamans they have always prefered mumble, at least those that have joined regularily in the past (anpedad, striker, bene, me and few moar)

We were up to 8 people on tonight actually.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Thundr- wrote:Its not really any effort to run a dedicated server. I am currently running 3 as a matter of fact. As in private servers located in my house and not renting or paying anything (on a 100/100 direct fiber connection). I do have a ts3 server up and running and a ventrilo as well actually.

This is not the first time I have done this, but before I just set up a server on my own gaming computer, now I have made things a little more permanent on server rigs. From previous experience running VOIP with elmamans they have always prefered mumble, at least those that have joined regularily in the past (anpedad, striker, bene, me and few moar)

We were up to 8 people on tonight actually.
Ah nais, well then maybe I'll bother getting mumble =)
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.