FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 8.8.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

nick-o-matic
Kuski

FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 8.8.!

Post by nick-o-matic »

Important things about FEM15

FEM15 will be arranged in the same venue with FEM14 - in the picturesque Sastamala cabin with the date 14.-24.8.! The previous year was a great fun so please join this year too!

Payment

Please pay for your stay as soon as possible according to this chart

Code: Select all

0 nights: 10€
1         20€
2         30€
3         38€
4         46€
5         54€
6         60€
7         66€
8-10      72€
You can pay to me with your internet bank, here is my info:

Johannes Nokelainen
FI7841082320014714
ITELFIHH (BIC-code for international transfers)
Huopatehtaankatu 2 D 17, 53900 Lappeenranta (Street address for international transfers. Also helpful if you wish to visit me - you are welcome :P)

Another way is to use PayPal, my PayPal email is johannes.nokelainen@lut.fi. But this way there is a transfer fee for sure, with internet bank there shold not be it except maybe in some international transfers.

You don't have to know yet how many nights you are going to stay there. You can pay some approximate amount. We can fix the amount later - I can pay you back or you can pay some more. Also, if the prices are too high for you (you are either in very bad financial position or have to use very much money already for travelling) we can discuss your situation and possible give you some discount. I don't want someone not to come simply because he can't afford the cabin rent prices.

People that have paid:
  • veezay
  • insane guy
  • Smibu
  • BarTek
  • Ramone
  • Luther
  • Orcc
  • Lousku
  • Markku
  • Kortsu
  • Ismo
  • adi
  • ville_j
  • terb0
  • Abula
  • zebra
  • k00
  • Tisk
Events

The events spreadsheet allows as an interactive playground to plan events. I really hope as many people as possible arrange some competitions in the FEM venue. The events don't have to be related to Elma - for example there is going to be Worms Armageddon and Liero tournaments. At the moment the top wanted competition list is something like
  • Beer battle or two
  • Flag tag cup
  • Perhaps another battle cup in addition to zebra's battle cup
  • Someone to host official FEMbattles.
With official FEMbattles I'm referring to this suggestion:
nick-o-matic wrote:
Lousku wrote:I think having everything under a single levname prefix is a sik hassle because there's so many mans making levs all the time. Someone would hev to collect every lev (often through some usb stick or something because not everyone is online) and add into the pack before the lev is used in a balle or any contest. Theer's almost bound to be overlap in lev numbers and wrong versions in EOL database and random mans just adding their levs to it etc.
I think that could work out if we have one guy who is an "official FEMbattle starter" and who collects all the levels from others, renames them and then starts the battle in EOL (or offline if we want to keep it like that). That way things are in good control and people could still be starting unofficial battles in EOL when there are not many people playing (and therefore there perhaps shouldn't be official FEMbattles). This official FEMbattle starter guy could also make statistics from these battles and so on and at the end best FEMbattler could get a price and so on. But once again it's all about finding an arranger. :(
I am going to arrange a FFCup there (not only for FEM attendants but for everyone in EOL) and I am going to need levels to there so please send those.

Also I am going to arrange a FEMquiz again and I am open for question / problem suggestions.

Internet

The cabin has no internet and last year we used mobile hotspots. This meant that not everyone had internet and it led into situation where most ppl were making and playing EOL battles meanwhile some others were left out. To improve this we have two options:
  • Internet for everyone. Means that we need 3G/4G-to-WLAN/LAN solution (router, switch, cables etc) and SIM(s) with unlimited data plan.
  • Some LAN system.
It would be really nice if someone built this LAN system for everyone but it seems nobody is going to do it. And also it means we couldn't have the global FFCup and I guess it is really hard to install private LAN EOL/belma server. So I think at least so far we are going with the "internet for everyone" option. This also means that the event arrangers should plan if they want to have their competitions played offline or privately in EOL (i.e., online but not in battlelevel) or in EOL as battles (like FFCup). I suggest for private offline competitions posting your results to IRC in the old #battle fashion. Then we need some bot to calculate the points etc.

What is needed in FEM15?

The orgazional equipment arrangements sheet is for stuff needed in FEM. I believe at the moment the top wanted list reads
  • Extra computers.
  • Ethernet and power cables etc to allow everyone to have internet.
  • Extra mattresses and bedsheets etc.
  • A projector.
  • 3G/4G-to-WLAN/LAN solution (router, switch, cables etc) and SIM(s) with unlimited data plan. I guess I will buy those 3G/4G routers and try to return them for full refund after fem if nobody else brings those.
  • Stuff for prizes. Yes, I thought that we would get better prizes for competitions if people brought those themselves instead of me buying them. =) You could donate the prizes or I could buy those with FEMmoney.
Carpooling

The carpooling spreadsheet is as an interactive playground to plan carpooling. For example I will go from Jyväskylä to FEM and from there to Lappeenranta and can offer rides if I have a car but otherwice I'm going to need rides.

If you need public transportation, you can get to Sastamala with busses/train both from Tampere and Turku. And it is really ez to get to Tampere for example from Helsinki:
Lousku wrote:An reminder: Onnibus has sikly cheap bus trips if you buy early (ideal for us since we already know the dates), for example you can get Helsinki-Tampere-Helsinki tickets for 2e atm: http://booking.onnibus.com/Pricing/Show ... CS=2062916 (Tampere is about 50km from the farm, easier to arrange rides from there)
Sleeping

There is going to be something like a dozen beds, but the cabin owner is going to lend us some mattresses. However, both the beds and lent mattresses requite bedsheets or sleeping bag and pillowcase so please bring your own. The owner is really strict about this. Especially what it comes to the beds - she has just renewed them and wants to keep them in their very good condition (those beds are very good I must say). I also hope people bring some own mattresses or air beds or sleeping pads for those that do not have own bedsheets because there are anyway going to be people without own bedsheets even though I hope everyone would bring their own. Anyway if you want to ensure a sleeping place you should bring bedsheets or ask your friend to bring those to you. I maybe bring some extra bedsheets if I get a car with which to come. Would be really nice if others brought some extra bedsheets as well. =)

It's allowed to erect tents to the yard btw. It actually might be good idea if few people slept in tents since the house is going to be crowded at least during the first weekend.

-----------------------------------------------
---------original opening post:----------
-----------------------------------------------

Okay, it's time to get stoked about the anticipated FEM 2015 already! I finally made an availability sheet for FEM 2015 similar to previous year's sheet. Please fill it as soon as possible so that we could book the cabin and people could decide the dates for their summer holidays and so on (albeit it took quite long for me to create it).

It only has the availability sheet at the moment but I think we can use the previous year's sheet to add more sheets when it comes more topical.

Finally just the FEM14 pictures link in order to increase the stokedness.
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 8 Aug 2015, 20:14, edited 16 times in total.
insane guy
Kuski

Re: FEM 2015 planning

Post by insane guy »

Cool, thanks for organizing this!
I'm like 99% in, no matter when it is. Only if I have super cool and/or super well paid job I will skip. But if the event will be 10 days I'm sure that it will work out anyway.
Looking forward!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Fruitós
Kuski

Post by Fruitós »

insane guy wrote:Cool, thanks for organizing this!
I'm like 99% in, no matter when it is. Only if I have super cool and/or super well paid job I will skip. But if the event will be 10 days I'm sure that it will work out anyway.
Looking forward!

Make sure to get some good stuff for your Documentary :wink:
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Im starting to think maybe would be nice to go. If Im able to attend, I wont be able to bring a computer. Is that something some kind man could help me with? (Im not picky, can bring own keyboard). I will look more closely in to dates later. Dunno when vacation and so on yet. :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
hassu sieni
Kuski

Post by hassu sieni »

please think carefully do u really wanna do these meetings, i mean there could be fights and cottage could burn when drunk young mans do stufff.
pls consider would it be better after all that all just stay home safely and if needed then contact via mail. mail is personal and virus free(mostly) way to communicate.
so dont risk and be happy
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Don't listen to TL and fill the sheet please, the date need to be decided :(
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I wish I could make it but I'm working in Iceland from 1may to 25 sept :(
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

hassu sieni wrote:please think carefully do u really wanna do these meetings, i mean there could be fights and cottage could burn when drunk young mans do stufff.
pls consider would it be better after all that all just stay home safely and if needed then contact via mail. mail is personal and virus free(mostly) way to communicate.
so dont risk and be happy
All of the above contribute to the decision to DO these meetings :beer:
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Thanks nick-o-matic for arranging this once again :) I might make a weekend visit like last year, but I can't really say which weekend suits me or not. So please just pick some date and I'll see later if I can come.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

ramone: we can probably arrange something. If we go by car you can take my computer.
Nekit for president
Rast
Kuski

Post by Rast »

I rly hope i have more time than just weekend this time or mostly more money.
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

so far looking at cottage reservations and people's availability it looks like 15-22th august is teh best bet. it might be a good idea to reserve the cottage soon when we still have the opportunity to select the most fitting week, and also then the rest of mans have some time to negotiate free time from work for that period.
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

It would be nice to be there! Seems a lot of fun!
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I am pretty darn sure I will afford it now since secured my summerjob, now just hev to hope i get the money in time to pay for plane tickets and such things.
ToMaT
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I have now emailed a bit with the cabin lady and it will be most likely at the same time as the last year (which is from Friday 14.8. to Monday 24.8., which is what veezay suggested too) since during summertime she prefers Saturday-Saturday reservations. Dunno about the price yet, she is thinking a price for unlimited amount of ppl (well not completely unlimited of course but for something like 30-40 at the beginning and less at the end). Also she is consulting her electrician to know how many computers poss to use at once without breaking circuit breakers.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

A normal 16A fuse could handle about 20 comps without breaking, but could just use several with extension cable if necessary, so wouldn't consider that a problem.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Current contract negotiation situation for finmans: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcon3rrlpimau ... .docx?dl=0

English summary: 14.-24.8. for 1400€ for unlimited amount of ppl including end cleaning. Also 200€ deposit have to be paid and it is returned in case of no problems due to big pplamount.

Do we take this?

Also now that we know the date we maybe could begin gathering a list of coming people that is more comprehensive than the availability sheet?
veezay
Kuski

Post by veezay »

nick-o-matic wrote:Current contract negotiation situation for finmans: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcon3rrlpimau ... .docx?dl=0
seems quite fine, as we probably can't find a place that happily takes an nigh-unlimited amount of people and nick-o-mat has already kind of won teh trust of teh owner. we kinda don't have any other sensible options at this point.
nick-o-matic wrote:Also now that we know the date we maybe could begin gathering a list of coming people that is more comprehensive than the availability sheet?
considering it will be 1400 euros, divided by randomly chosen amount of 20 mans it would be 70e, which seems okay to me. i just need to sort my personal finances to be able to afford him + all the trips.

so i'm definitely in.

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

veezay wrote:considering it will be 1400 euros, divided by randomly chosen amount of 20 mans it would be 70e, which seems okay to me.
I think 1400€ will be ez if we get more attendance than previous time. But will we?
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

Sounds good. I Will come for a weekend at least, hopefully whole week. Money gathering is easy, just put higher price/man.

Then:
-If less people come than expected then have enough money
-If something gets broken can pay for with extra money
-If too much money can pay prizes for FEM-competitions (like last time)
-If still too much money can put up statue for NOM
-Or if all else fails can donate too much moneys for EOL server
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I would've love to come but as you know nom, I'm away all summer. Next summer I think it'll be possible. So until then: hakuna matata.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
veezay
Kuski

Post by veezay »

hi. why this topic hasn't gotted any replies in the last x time? we're all gonna attend fem2015 anyway. i'm definitely in. come on. you are too.

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I'm probably in (I know, "probably" isn't enaf, but this is a post).
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I go if Lousku goes, if nothing unexpected happens.
ToMaT
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

veezay wrote:hi. why this topic hasn't gotted any replies in the last x time? we're all gonna attend fem2015 anyway. i'm definitely in. come on. you are too.
YES! Also, I need to book flights, is the date set in stone?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

insane guy wrote:
veezay wrote:hi. why this topic hasn't gotted any replies in the last x time? we're all gonna attend fem2015 anyway. i'm definitely in. come on. you are too.
YES! Also, I need to book flights, is the date set in stone?
Yes, it is set to stone, we have agreed to have it at 14.-24.8. and are just discussing about details of the contract with cabin lady. She hadn't answered in many months though but now I emailed her again and reminded about this. :) Anyway the cabin is reserved for is for example in the official site http://www.lomarengas.fi/mokit/sastamal ... tila-11466 I hope she answers soon and we can sign the final contract.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Its looking like I will attend. Dunno how will get there, flight, car or what. Id prefer car so can drive around some in Finland since much time there, but expensive take car on ferry if I remember from 2004. I have taken vacation over FEM anyway. And I will get a few thousands back on taxes so should work out. I hope Luther and maybe BarTek will come too. If other ppl are going and wanna travel together, just tell and we can work something out.

Peace!
Elasto Mania - ez better
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

nick-o-matic wrote: Yes, it is set to stone, we have agreed to have it at 14.-24.8.
NICE! I will most propably be there like 14.-17.08. But will tell as soon as I booked my flight.

Thanks nom for organizing this.
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

I will come for the first weekend at least, if work permits for beginning of the next week until thursday. For the second weekend propably can't come.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Just booked my dirt cheap flight:
Arrival Fri, 14.08. 13:10 at HEL(sinki Airport)
Departure Tue, 18.08. 18:40 from HEL

There seem to be reasonably priced buses from Helsinki to Tampere and even closer to Virri (where the cabin is) but maybe someone is driving up from Helsinki on that afternoon and can give a ride... I will put my search to the Carpool sheet.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
Jokke
Veteran

Post by Jokke »

I have other plans for the first weekend but I might come for the second weekend if nothing else comes up.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Great to have you there, particularly insaneguy for coming so far away and making that film!

Anyway I have been negotiating more with the cabin lady and there is good and bad news to tell you:

Good news:
  • It's possible to get a lot of extra tables and chairs. The cabin lady just needs to come to open some locked doors for us and we can take those as much as we want.
  • It's ok to erect tents etc to the yard for those who want to sleep in those.
  • It's most likely ok for people to come even significantly before 16:00 at 14.8. which is the official beginning of the rent. Only if someone rents the cabin till the Friday it's not ok but this is very unlikely.
  • The electrician says that the electricity system of the cabin will probably withstand all the PCs.
Bad news:
  • So in the first contract version the extra sauna was for us only for the weekends (when we have attendance peaks). And the extra sauna cabin with 3 beds wasn't included at all since I said "we are modest people that can sleep in our own mattresses and therefore don't need to rent the extra heteka beds in the barn" and she concluded that therefore we don't need the extra sauna cabin at all (prev year we had it for the first 3 days for some extra 150€ payment iirc). I told her that even though we could manage without the extra sauna cabin, it would be very nice and asked her to give the extra sauna + extra sauna cabin for the whole 10 days for us as a freebie since we are already paying 1400€ but she wants another 100€ for that.
  • Toilet paper and kitchen paper not offered by cabin lady anymore. Prev year they were offered because she didn't know Lomarengas rules tell that they aren't offered. This year she has quit offering them. This means some extra 10€ to the expenses.
  • She hasn't got there cable internet even though she actually has tried. But you know, it's not that simple in the countryside and the expenses can go really high.
All in all the new contract (1400€ or 1500€) is rather expensive. To summarize we have got discount for renting directly from the cabin lady and not through Lomarengas (so Lomarengas gets 0€ for this renting and cabin lady gets more) but there's extra cost added for end cleaning and extra people (10/day is the normal maximum). But yes it's a bit expensive, especially when compared to last year. Anyway there's not much to do about it because the cabin lady hasn't been eager at all to negotiate about the price things anymore. But I believe that if everything goes really well this year, it strengthens her trust towards us and we could get this cheaper in the following years. We would become regular customers. So I think we shouldn't cancel this contract even if someone found a cheaper solution since now we have been building a business trust relation to a person who can offer us an affordable FEM solution for years to come and cancelling this contract would probably make her very unhappy and destroy this confidence (she already rejected some event because of this). Anyway now we need to know how many ppl are coming in order to know the possible increases to the prices of the previous year so if you are coming, please let me know. Maybe something like ~10-20% increase is needed.

I think we should also start planning the practical things as well:
  • When should the FEMquiz be? There's going to be a quiz similar to the one last year. Should it be like last year when we had a moment when everyone make it (and people who come afterwards make it separately) or should we let everyone do it separately when they wish?
  • There should be a better internet solution than last year (=few mobile hotspots). To enable battles that everyone can attend we either need internet for everyone or a LAN system for everyone, preferably with a LAN belma server. Last year the battle cup levels had to be distributed manually. If there's going to be the LAN thing someone with the equipment should plan it. If there is internet for all we need something like this and a mobile internet.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Thanks for the update nom!

Last year was 25€ for a weekend and 60€ for 8-10 days so even if you add 20% it's still cheaper than any other accomodation I can think of (except for free stuff like CS, camping or the shittiest sleeping hall in Amsterdam you can imagine).
No problem here, I hope everyone else agrees.

Very nice info from the electrician :)

I can bring 1 roll of toilet paper from duty free!

FEMQuiz: Sounds fun to do it all at once! (Then ofc people who aren't around that day are excempt. But screw them.)
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

Good place, good info, good handling nom.

I poss come for the first weekend (poss even extra days?). At least putted FEM into my calendar.
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Me, BarTek and Luther will come. Plan is we arrive on friday 14th and go home sunday 23rd.

We will check more close and try to book ferry next week. :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
k00
Kuski

Post by k00 »

I will most likely be attending too. I can bring 4g internet (usb stick) which is 50mbits down and 10mbits up, but someone needs to bring router to share it somehow if possible.

Also if someone is coming from middle-east Finland, maybe share a ride? I will possibly have a van so I could pick up 2 guys and lots of stuff in the trunk. Split the gass money ofc.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

IRC channel is up btw: #fem2015 @ ircnet
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Great! I will try to participate in the 14-16 June. Added some Moponews.

I'm sorry to say this too late but maybe Mon-Mon would have been the best period. First on Mon-Thu we could do the serious contests, then Fri-Sat partying, Sun chill + cleaning. Now we have two weekends and it's not clear which is the party time and also disturbing the contests when people are all the time drinking. Mon-mon would have had acceleration period and the climax. But of course it's good that more ppl have possible to join now.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

I would like to point out I won't be drinking any drop of alcohol or do anything else chemical wise at this years FEM.

I feel like I want to be able to be the real me, be able to participate in Elma gaming and socialise without being mind altered and so forth.

I want to get a chance to get to meet all of you nice mans, in the way I prefer to be :) It will really be a lot better that way.

Looking forward to this years meeting a lot. Hopefully with this attitude, productivity and creativity levels from my side will rise with no less than 1000% ez.

I rely on and appreciate if some of your guys help out if it should get a bit dodgy or if some mans work aggressively on ruining my plan of complete sobriety. Sorry for being like this, but it's quite important to me (I will bite back if you try and tempt me for no other reason than for your own amusement though;)). To me this isn't really a joke, it's a very real problem (unfortunately, once having used bad habits to the point it's all you know (flee), doesn't make it possible for me to just fall back into normal "social drinking" without instant severe abstinence).

I intend to attend with a happy mind and soul and get a very fulfilling FEM experience. And I'm very excited so many nice mans are joining. I mean insguy is joining! Wow! It's been so long. I'm also happy I get to come with bartek and ramone. We are all looking forward to this very much. And axxu, you know our conversation still hasn't happened as it should have happened ;)

Thanks again nickomatic for a great planning and dedication. And good night to you mans
/Luth
Nekit for president
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Nice, I was planning to do that in any case (watching that you stay sober), but with that post I think everyone understands what's the deal here. It's easier with a group effort :)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Yeah, I think you hev everyone's support with that post. Good on you :)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Time to boost the planning.

We could arrange our competitions as well as other events better than previous year. Many competitions didn't really have clear arranger and they didn't work out or it took a really long time before they were reality. For example the flag tag cup was never finished, it took nearly a week before finally before someone (zebra) arranged the battle cup and also the same thing with the TT competition. Also football and other kind of outdoor activity things didn't really work out well because never at the same time there were large amount of people to participate. Beer battle was a success just because Abula wanted to arrange it so enthusiastically. Therefore it would be nice if we make a list of wanted competitions and events and have an arranger for each of these events as soon as possible. Also I think we should loosely place them into calendar (1-2 events per day). So I made a new, simple, spreadsheet tab for this kind of planning.

By the way, got an idea of having FF Cup 5 in FEM! This should work out since I guess the plan is now to have internet for everyone in there with some good routers and mobile internet. We could get some pro antennas to make sure that internet works despite the lousy mobile internet coverage in there.

Also we should get as much extra computers as possible to there. Even more than previous time so that everyone would have their own computer. Also I think we could use one computer as media PC for projector (yes, we need a projector first too though). We could use this PC for example for
  • Flag tag competition. This way we need only one computer to be setted up for flag tag and everyone can very easily see the action.
  • Show winrecs from some competitions etc.
  • Show all kind of interesting stuff by anyone. For example BarTek would have unseen Across WR recs and a lot of other historically interesting stuff to display in there.
  • Show interesting recs by anyone. We could collect a huge pile of nice recs and set the randomizer on in the rec folder.
  • Show Elma Crime etc.
Delightfully also some other new tabs (not just the event planning tab) has appeared to the spreadsheet. Most importantly the carpooling and attendance tab is there. It includes a really handy way to inform about your attendance (you can mark your attendance days with green/yellow/red) so I think that could from now on be the official attendance accounting thing. Such is very important for deciding prices. So everyone please fill that sheet and your dates even if the carpooling part is unrelevant for you.

This planning boost was boosted by BarTek with whom I had a discussion about these things, thank you =)
Abula wrote:I'm sorry to say this too late but maybe Mon-Mon would have been the best period. First on Mon-Thu we could do the serious contests, then Fri-Sat partying, Sun chill + cleaning. Now we have two weekends and it's not clear which is the party time and also disturbing the contests when people are all the time drinking. Mon-mon would have had acceleration period and the climax. But of course it's good that more ppl have possible to join now.
That might be a good idea. Or perhaps something like Wednesday-Wednesday so there are two possible directions into which people can extend that weekend. This two-weekend thing happened and is happened mostly just because people didn't really have any opinions about this so I just booked it this way. The second weekend is perhaps a bit needless - it is only to allow those few who can not come in the first weekend to attend. And actually if people really really wanted, it might not actually be too late to change this since there are no other reservations in the way. xD Well, ok, maybe it would be a bit confusing for everyone to change it at this point.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I would obv like to have a good flagtag competition, but last year it wasn't very good because splitting a wide screen horizontally leaves very little space, and some mans prefer to play zoomed in. Also, pressing esc is very instinctive, but in beisik non-EOL flagtag it ends the battle and you have to write the times down. So again a private LAN EOL server would be mega nice. Then could hev like 5-man flagtag balles and organize some contest around that. And a low-zoom view could be put on the projector for good flagtag spyage. With sach server all battles would be easier, since most likely everyone can't have a stable connection to real EOL.

But here I go again talking and wishing someone else does the actual work.
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Looks like I'm able to participate for whole time.

About contests: I'll vote for internal 24htt battle (or any other marathon competition).
Team MiE
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Well, first off, I think its much more fun it contests/battles are held offline. Normal EOL playing is what we all do rest of the year. Its much more fun to go around and watch recs at each players comp. More interaction, and awesome fun. Makes it more exclusive. Just ppl pressing F11 and watching rec at their station and no comment is quite lame (imo) and also its fun to have only FEM ppl battles.

Imo should be planned activities for all days, lets say from 15:00 and forward. Pppl will sleep late and be hungover and shit. Need to eat and go buy needed objects. I will make 1 or 2 total times battles. Those are for me the most fun battle type irl. Also its not possible in EOL. 5 or 10 (most often 10 but depending on levels) levels played over 90 or 120 minutes. Best Total time wins. During battle you dont have to tell any times to specific levels. But you have to check total time and tell. so all you know while playing is how much time need to cut, no idea where its easier or so on. Fucking awesome fun. I can prepare for this type of battle.

Also normal battle over the week will be awesome. All those battles should be named same so we can save all for future. Winners to all contests should be saved in a document, that can be released with recs/levels later.

A fucking must is 6 first internals contest. So fucking fun. Play it one by one, and all others standing behind while each man play. Oh god I love that!

Some new type of internal contest would be awesome, maybe try 2h tt? could be very dif results. Much more ppl (all who dont give up?) will finish all.

Also I thought of 1h table #1 wr battle. You get 1h to beat as many wrs from #1. Most beated wrs wins. Fun if many internal mans, either way this could be fun contest for future that could be kept playing. Also could maybe be added to EOL in future?

Ongoing contest to be played over full fem fucking sucks ass, I have been told that those excisted last fem. But playing alone over longer period of times keeping times secret is a playingstyle that fits for levelpacks and cups. For a meet its a dissaster, antisocial and will keep ppl from joining the real fun. Real fun is irl battle with irl fun and instant winrecs and laughter. :D

If you want I can try make some schedule over the week for which contests could be held when (if you want me to do this I can, but Id prefer help, dont wanna do it alone) Then ppl know in advance when different special contests will be held, will be good for planning.

All ppl that want to make battles/contests for FEM should know where send them so they will be taken care of in a good way. Id prefer not to do this cause I wanna play unseen levels over the week. I will ofc have seen my own levels, wont play those. Normally I attend when total times battles (as described above) even though I made those, but normally I make them at the meet and make them fast with no testing. So its usually ok.

Anyway, ppl agree on this? For me this is the best way to make sure the meet will be fun and somewhat organized over the week.

Please discuss and comment.
Elasto Mania - ez better
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I'd still like something to hoyl when there's nothing happening (like FEM level pack last year, though I didn't play it much), but I do understand and to an extent agree with your concerns about it being antisocial etc. However, I guess you could say that many kuskis are somewhat antisocial by nature and attending FEM takes its own toll. I myself need that own time doing something (i.e. hoyling a level pack) by myself to recharge my social batteries. :P

You seem to want a lot of internal contests (and they have been quite traditional in the past), but for example I - and probably most of the new battle-oriented generation - really wouldn't play any of those. On the other hand for example adi was really eager to play that kind of stuff last year but it didn't happen. Something for everyone I guess. I think some kind of IRC brainstorming session for activities and who's gonna take charge of them would be nice. :)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

most battles for sure will be external. the 6 first internals is just so fun irl when all is watching.

the wr battle is just an idea I had that could be fun to try out. I would love it even though I wouldnt play myself. I would go around eatch those who actually plays, which also is very fun. we have MANY days. and these internal contests is maybe half a day. so really, no, its not mostly focus on internals.

:)
Elasto Mania - ez better
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Ramone wrote: so really, no, its not mostly focus on internals.
Yeah, I wasn't saying anything like that at all. Just pointed out that there's a possibility they won't get a lot of attendants, so we should ask around what would people be interested in before inking anything in the schedule. :) Of course I'd like to watch those too, would be very entertaining especially if many top players play.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I will make a 1h TT battle with a few short levs. Also I will have some crazy levs prepared and can make instant battle levs for entertainment.

Any contest will be good. Of course needs to be balanced. I don't like Internals but I'm in for a challenge, otherwise can still watch pros irl which is max fun.

levcode suggestions for ez collect all FEM levs:

F15nnnXX.levs

n = nick
X = number

(Assuming no one will make more than 99 levs)
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I think having everything under a single levname prefix is a sik hassle because there's so many mans making levs all the time. Someone would hev to collect every lev (often through some usb stick or something because not everyone is online) and add into the pack before the lev is used in a balle or any contest. Theer's almost bound to be overlap in lev numbers and wrong versions in EOL database and random mans just adding their levs to it etc.

Of course it's awesome to hev a neat pack afterwards, but really I think it's a kreisi hassle. Could just make an EOL levpack out of differently named levs, but ofc that's not nearly as nice.

A higher limit on filenames would be great (wtf is it with Balazs and his limits everywhere), because we could name them liek insguy's suggestion but without shortening everything to unidentifiability, like: FEM15lousku01 instead of F15lou01. Everyone's FEM15 subprefixes would be their own responsibility but everything would still be unified as a pack. But oke, kinda useless wishing sach for now.
Ramone wrote:Also I thought of 1h table #1 wr battle. You get 1h to beat as many wrs from #1. Most beated wrs wins. Fun if many internal mans, either way this could be fun contest for future that could be kept playing. Also could maybe be added to EOL in future?
Nice idea! Would spy that.
Ramone wrote:If you want I can try make some schedule over the week for which contests could be held when (if you want me to do this I can, but Id prefer help, dont wanna do it alone) Then ppl know in advance when different special contests will be held, will be good for planning.
I think we should just write all event ideas in the spreadsheet and work out some schedule later.