Cup like the Davis Cup?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

DaFred
39mins club

Cup like the Davis Cup?

Post by DaFred »

I'm not really a cup maker so that's nothing for me but wouldn't it be cool to have an elma cup which is like the Davis Cup for tennis? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Cup)
So that the win goes to a nation and not to a player. Also you could have single and double events (where double is multiplayer).
I don't know exactely how that could be done without a big unfairness for nationalities with less of players but I like the idea anyway ;)
what did you think? :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: Cup like the Davis Cup?

Post by Grace »

Sweden, Russia or Finland would win, there's no point.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

maybe but there are allways favorites...
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

well, wouldnt hungary, poland and czech have max sick teams also? is it 4 players / nation or what? max shitty wiki entry
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

mh dunno, I think number of players per team isn't important but it's 3 singels and 1 double pro round between two nations. So maybe 5 players per team would make sence...
On the other side davis cup was just an example, ez could be more players and other rules :)
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I have also thought of a nations' cup a few times, would be nice to see one.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Actually I like the idea. Kuskis from every country will choose 3-5 best players from them and then some judge will choose 16 best countries or smth. There will be 8 groups with 2 countries and the winner of each group goes to another round. Inside groups will be two-men fights and winner takes point. Country with more points wins the round.
It would be nice to drive not for yourself, but for your country...
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i like it very much, but which 16 countries? Sweden, Finland, Norway, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark and Canada for sure. but others? Austria, Germany, Belarus, Australia, Argentina and New Zeeland probably could find their teams, but would be weaker than the others... :(
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

...and? You say there aren't weaker countries than the others in real sports and tournaments?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

germany ez powns others 8)
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

SmaXa wrote:Sweden, Russia or Finland would win, there's no point.
Do you honestly think that 3-4 potential winners doesn't provide enough excitement to make it worthwhile?
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Ez Canada with Juish, Bone, Memphis, and of course me :D

And maybe Mawane...
:mrhat:
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Hungary:

kd???
Grob
alvin?
Labs

Maybe it would be the "Hungarian team" which can play this cup.
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

poland:
morgan
kowal
ramzi
mielz
if everyone of them wants to participate, i guess thatd be the best team for us.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Austria:
me
chip

if everyone of them wants to participate, i guess thatd be the best team for us.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Faroe Islands:
no one
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

i think you could count faroe islands as a part of denmark :P
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Pawq wrote:i think you could count faroe islands as a part of denmark :P
And Jesus said to him:
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Czech:
I´m thinking about: Ali, Honza, Madness, Otork(?) and me (Bludek). I have also some other names in mind, but this could be teh best team :)
But maybe it is still too soon to talk about it :)
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Ok, ppl like the idea, now someone arrange teh.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

teh is already in progress ö,ö
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I wanna be in Swedish team. :P
ToMaT
Kazeta
Kuski

Post by Kazeta »

Thorze wrote:I wanna be in Swedish team. :P
every non-swedish guy wud want that xD
TT: 47:40,88
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

at least finland got players.. adi, zweq, me, talli, axxu, jarkko, markku etc.
Seize the day
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I like the idea too, I think it should not be a certain team from each country maybe, but open for all, and then just the best 4 (or whatever) results counts, so that if someone doesn't play there's someone else. Ofcourse you can decide on the team who plays ect. But this way there's room for someone quitting the cup without the nation being sure to loose then. And ofcourse it should be unique level for each "match" between two countries.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The player structure of elma is much concentrated just to a few countries. Therefore most countries will have troubles to find a good team but then also in countries like Finland it's really hard even for good players to get to the Finland's team. But I think to avoid that you should be able to make as many teams / nation as there are enough players. Like in Finland's case you would take the most motivated and good players to form the Finland A -team. Then you would take the cream of the rest to the Finland B -team etc etc... With this way anyone who wants to play can play (expect maybe Pab)

And if for example someone in Finland A -team quits you should be able to take a spear player from Finland B -team.
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

nick-o-matic wrote:The player structure of elma is much concentrated just to a few countries. Therefore most countries will have troubles to find a good team but then also in countries like Finland it's really hard even for good players to get to the Finland's team. But I think to avoid that you should be able to make as many teams / nation as there are enough players. Like in Finland's case you would take the most motivated and good players to form the Finland A -team. Then you would take the cream of the rest to the Finland B -team etc etc... With this way anyone who wants to play can play (expect maybe Pab)

And if for example someone in Finland A -team quits you should be able to take a spear player from Finland B -team.
absolutely right
Team KoN
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

roope wrote:...and? You say there aren't weaker countries than the others in real sports and tournaments?
i agree with roope on this... just like brazil and england pwn at football. all the other countries still play in the world cup but generally only a few nations win... but in some cases random other teams win.

as for multiplayer some countries would not be able to play in this becuase of how spread out the top players are across the country, but its not too big of a deal. it sounds unfair but in reality if you don't qualify for a round then you just are not eligible to compete. but those nations that can't compete in multiplayer should not be disqualified from the single player.
TT= 38 somethin
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

all you say is very wise, i like the idea either, really. there hasnt been such competition in elma history ever, or at least for a very long time.
but...
Juish wrote:england pwn at football.
:wink2:
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

Juish wrote:as for multiplayer some countries would not be able to play in this becuase of how spread out the top players ar
maybe EOL is ready when that cup starts :)
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

This Nations cup would be great, imo. It has a special feeling to play for your country, not just for yourself. At least mans would not quit after first event...

just bumping if anyone orkas to think a bit moar about this again.
also move this to advertising, i guess
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I think three players per nation would be better, since the activity has come down from the best days. Also just one team per nation so it won't get messy.

Maybe someone can code a website where people can sign up as players, and after that phase is over all the nations' players can vote for their top three candidates (3, 2, 1 points). Probably it should be combined to EOL so that voters' nations can be seen and verified (also to watch out for people changing nation to play and vote). Players who get to play could choose a captain among them who can for example choose a replacement player in case someone has to quit the cup. No skips, but maybe three wild cards where one player can be replaced in a single event (has to be announced early enough, not one hour before deadline).

Cup can run in EOL and anyone can play levs, but I think it would be nice if non-participants are removed from results. Point system could be like in any cup instead of combining the players times or positions.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I think the whole western hemisphere could be classified as a "nation". Given the amount of players over here..
God Bless America
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Uruguay can ez win all
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Heh, completely forgot about this topic when I brought up the topic of a nations cup in discord a couple of weeks back :) I was actually thinking about organising it myself maybe with somebody, but dunno what time would be best, with the 32 Cup on now, and WC7 in early 2017.

As for the format, I was trying to think of ways to diversify the events a little bit to avoid the situation in which Finland will have Zweq, Markku and Spef fucking with every other team and all other Finns (and generally most people) wouldn't even get the chance of participating. I was thinking of something where you'd have a number of different events and, for example, one player would only be allowed to play such a number of events that everyone from his national team gets a chance to play at least a couple (would be dependent on how many people from a country sign up). Or something else, dunno, but I'm sure something can be conceived :)

As for unelmaous countries... some ez ideas:
- Panamerica team (the uruguayan, the argentinian, the couple americans/canadians [any canadians still active?])
- Oceania team (the couple Australians, the Newzeelander, ?)

some day? :)
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Me and Tony I think is around from Canada
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

How about this: let's say the nation consists of four players and there are 16 levs. The nation nominates only one player to participate in lev, e.g. there is a pipe lev, so Finland nominates adi. Each player in team is allowed to participate only 4 times (well, at least in case "4 players and 16 levs"), so mentioned Finland can't be Zweqing/Zeroing constantly to pwn others. Then ofc you need specific number of levs, to divide them equally between team members. Each member plays same number of levs so it seems kinda fair.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Gz finland on winning :beer: No need of playing it even i guess. At least Hungary goes out of this, since i'm only active and sometimes Targenor.
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Labs wrote:Gz finland on winning :beer: No need of playing it even i guess. At least Hungary goes out of this, since i'm only active and sometimes Targenor.
Exactly why I suggested diversifying it as much as possible! Sure, finland will still probably win, but if we make things like teamwork and strategy count and not let the selected few play the whole tournament, then maybe others still stand a chance, or at the very least will have plenty of fun fighting for the second spot!

Pascal's idea is pretty solid imo. We could add a few tweaks/twists into it to make it even more exciting :)
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Maybe all mans sign up. And then you can only choose someone twice if everyone has played.

e.g. 6 levels
Finland - 10 players sign up. 6 players each play 1 level (?split Finland)
Canada - 3 players sign up. 3 players each play 2 levels
Russia - 4 players sign up. 2 players play 1 level, 2 players play 2 levels

So then equal distribution and fair-ish for everyone

And unfair if Pab plays 6 times in a row so maybe can merge smallest countries to be minimum 2-3 players per team or something