el ma cheat fix/upgrade

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

el ma cheat fix/upgrade

Post by ribot »

i think balasz could make some easy changes to prevent nitro cheating (same way nitro .rex can't be used in elma , el ma could recognize that a .rec is old and therefore not valid as WR) and using replays of modified faster levels (compare level structure), then also make a new level locker (i guess u can just edit it a bit to disable the old levelunlocker.. but with more work u could do a good one too maybe). and then add the alovolt features and maybe even nitro . with a little more work he could make .rec files include the level files , and of course make a function to compare those included levels with the original .levs .

with more programming i spose u could make elma quite safe , maybe even uncheatable ;)

but i know balazs is a busy god , so maybe someone else could do this , or look deeper into the programming , or whatever u like . also , of course , there is more security ideas out there that need their space under this topic ... and i suppose jcl has something to say here :)
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

Maybe some kind of hook needed that keeps sure that all values are standard in elma (speed, elasticity etc.) and ppl then will need to sign their recs with this program to get it accepted. Of course people will hack the hook program after :?
Ragnar
Kuski

Post by Ragnar »

I think there is nothing wrong with Nitro Patch for fun, only if you use to cheat.