Elma version

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

jerrry
Kuski

Elma version

Post by jerrry »

What version of Elastomania do you prefere??? I like patch 1.2, but version 1.11hb is good too.
Peace and Elma
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

elma 2...
FludonJa
Kuski
Location: Socijalisticka Federativna Republika Jugoslavija(SFRJ)

Post by FludonJa »

Elma 1.11hb
HighQ.lgr
avolt on 9 :wink:
-- mi smo titovi - tito je nashaja --
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

some basic facts about different versions; (im thinking of writing an article about the subject btw since it sure is somewhat confusing to new people)

at the beginning there was elma 1.0, this version is the only version which supports the known nitro patch, but that's not really important. in this version the level "animal farm" was named "animal fram" too btw.

after this one balazs released elma 1.1, and shortly after that elma 1.11a. i'm not 100% certain that it was like this, but 90% anyway.
i can't remember all the things that were fixed in 1.1 and 1.1a, at least some editor bugs i think.

those are all versions that has been offically released by balazs.
then we have some unoffical patches released by hibernatus, just an ordinary elma fan who has solid knowledge on programming.

at some time, hibernatus released elma 1.1h couple of times with some fixes. this version was revolutioning because of the fact that it had the ability to do supervolt by pressing only one key.

sometime later he released elma 1.1hb which had some more features like different replay speed choices. i cant remember all the features this one had but anyway, this patch was used a long time and it's still used by many players. if i remember correctly, this version had some release that corrupted replays, so if you are going to use this patch version, be sure to get the correct release version, which can be get eg. from my site.

sometime later, hibernatus released elma 1.2b. the letter "b" after means it's beta, but as time has proven, it doesn't have any bugs as far as i have experienced/heard. this release also is quite a leap forward since its gives you some very neat features like changing ingame resolution which can be extremely useful on large external levels. integrated level unlocker, ability to put pictures background so they don't disturb driving, and many others. this patch was released around a year ago, and this version is the most recent fully working one.

note that not that long time ago, hibernatus released a "final" version of elma 1.2 but shortly after the release, a bug was found in it which caused elma to crash, so i cannot suggest using that one. lets hope we get a fixed version sometime.

then, to answer to your question which version to use, the pick should be easy, use elma 1.2b. it's most recent fully working, it has the most options and features.

some people might tell you to use elma 1.1hb for some reason, i do not know at all why. maybe they are scared of 1.2 because it has the ability to change resolution.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I use Elma 1.2 Final and never expierenced any bugs...
the use 1.2b
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

the bug is that if you press 'G' in the editor, elma will lockup.
G is for properties of pictures turning to 'Ground'.
Jonnka
Kuski

Post by Jonnka »

I use 1,2 Final.... I haven't experienced any bug.... but then of course I don't use the ingame level-editor......
(\/)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

LaMe
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

yea the bug im talking about is that editor bug, i dont know of any other bugs besides that.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

1.11h I have, had to use alovoltconfigure to get alovolt button
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

To 1.11hb popularity might affect that Moposite supports it. Just read Elma 1.2 topic and some people were reporting bugs. Not good.
Moposite wrote:Upgrading patches (only for registered version)

- Program gives the correct time (+/- 0.02 secs) of a rec file when the ctrl + alt + enter is pressed in the replay menu
- While customizing the controls the 'a' and 'p' display is not mixed anymore
- Animal Fram is changed to Animal Farm
- The title while customizing player B, is B, not A anymore
- If you press ESC while the program starts, the screen doesn't go black
- If you click on the OK button in the Create Picture dialog, it won't create a picture also after the dialog disappears
- If you try to load a locked file into the editor, the game doesn't quit.
- The brake works well in multiplayer mode

- Supports more level and replay files in the folders (last limit was about 600)

1.11a
- Also lgr file limit is increased now

1.11h (unofficial)
- Some key aliases
- Alovolt included

1.11hb (unofficial)
- Level pack organizing system
- VCR-style controls when watching replays (rewind, slow motion, pause etc.)
- Replay merging
- New key aliases
- Great key settings panel
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)