2 Useful Site Ideas

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

WkE
Kuski

2 Useful Site Ideas

Post by WkE »

both ideas are kinda like ratemylev/rec, but more comprehensive.
i thought about them completely separately, btw.

1. gamers.dk revival - everyone wants gamers.dk back, right?
so why wouldn't we do an open server for every internal rec, any time and any driver? exactly like ratemyrec, but not only for nice recs. for everything (internal). n00bs can upload their 04:30 AH rec, which can be helpful for 1hour+ guys, and pros can upload slow style recs and their fast recs too....

2. battle levels server - we all know that situation when you're in #battle, and no one wants to make a battle lev.
so my idea is to open a server to upload good battle levels, with details and everything, and when you use one, you just erase it.
the details of the level could be : estimated time, recommended battle length, deisgner, level name and of course description (where you can write about your level).
to avoid mess-erasing of levels, lets say that everyone can use one battle a day.
if you u/led a level, you will have the following details : when the level was u/led and d/led, who d/led it, and possible opinion for your level (only if the d/ler wants to write his opinion).

what are you saying?
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I like the ides, but Id say:
1) Gamers.dk revival! Eyah!! Bu tmaybe only one rec of each style, no point in having a load of recs really...
2) Balle lev site! Najs, but maybe instead of erasing the levels, just write when they were used, so people can play old ones...?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

1. sure the n00bs could still use something like gamers.dk, but anyone with a decent tt really don't. These days so many skilled players spread their recs (i.e. luther has spread all his recs, and don't we all still remember cloud&tor.zip, and back in the days when zweq gave away lots of nice stuff...)

2. this sounds stupid! it would take away everything battling is about. emidiate levelmaking and emidiate levelplaying.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

J-sim wrote:1. sure the n00bs could still use something like gamers.dk, but anyone with a decent tt really don't. These days so many skilled players spread their recs (i.e. luther has spread all his recs, and don't we all still remember cloud&tor.zip, and back in the days when zweq gave away lots of nice stuff...)

2. this sounds stupid! it would take away everything battling is about. emidiate levelmaking and emidiate levelplaying.
1. i know i have 50TT and damn this thing can be so useful for me.
don't forget that there are much 45+ kuskis in the scene.

2. you don't have to use it if you don't want, its just a possibility if no one wants to make a balle level.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

damn i wanna battle!
damn identd shit fuck asshole crap!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I guess n00bs are allowed to upload rec's on ratemyrec as well.. lol ;)
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

I hate to sound negative but I don't like either of the ideas one bit.
Ok well maybe it'd be cool for new players to browse around at gamers.dk but the idea of battle server is just useless.
There are almost always a level to battle if there is enough people to play.
And actually one of the most fascinating thing with battles is the fact that you know the level is "fresh" and meant exactly to be played on that exact battle.
It's those tiny things which makes battles so greatly appealing which they are - at least still today and hopefully for the long time in the future as well.
one nagual sorcerer
Kuski

Post by one nagual sorcerer »

yeah...you can kinda cheat with the battle levels website if it isn't protected somehow. You can simply download all the balle levs and hoyl them 666 minutes and then win battles when you see them begin played on the channel. But if someone really wanted to create a selfproof website that recognizes if someone have downloaded a level from the site -the website would start counting 20 minutes from that time and then it would be turned to "used battle levs" list automatically or some crazy shiat...that would prevent cheating,and then this site could be good back up if there is not anyone with a FRESH level like dz said it's got history and its great its fresh ye.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

On Moposite there will be a different styles replay section. Currently I'm gathering players to play those styles.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Abula wrote:On Moposite there will be a different styles replay section. Currently I'm gathering players to play those styles.
Could I make some different styles for n00ber players ?
Or am I too bad even for n00b times... :cry:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Abula wrote:On Moposite there will be a different styles replay section. Currently I'm gathering players to play those styles.
Could I make some different styles for n00ber players ?
Or am I too bad even for n00b times... :cry:
Ask Luther, he's doing them now.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)