online timer

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

online timer

Post by onlainari »

I wanna know if this feature described below is easy for programmers,because it could be useful:

You know you can get to see the FPS in many games by pressing F10 or so... you see it somewhere in low or top corner or so....
I want a similar feature but it would not show the FPS but time the elma.exe has been running. The clock would reset everytime you close the elma.exe (advanced feature could be the all-time clock without resets)
-The clock wouldn't disappear whether you are in mode screen or in in-game screen

WHY?

-Battles: Much easier to stay pace with the time if you see estimately the time you are still able to play the game. If you had elma already open before the battle, you can just do a little math, it wouldn't be a problem, but currently it is a little problem for me without this timer,because I don't have any clocks on the walls in this room.

-other hoyling: With the clock available, more people would have better estimations how much time it took to beat certain records and so on.
You could actually notice how much you play.Without it,you may not notice it because you get biased because of the krazy elma addiction you're having.

sum up: semi-useful add-on.
how hard it is to code: ?

Looking for answers to the question mark above.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Abotu the battles, I have a 'battle song' on my PC (Sugar Hill Gang - Rappers Delight) that lasts 15 minutes. Heh heh :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

That sounds like an awesome idea! now we just gotta get someone to make it :?
TT ~ 50:42