eL mA 1.2

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

ahh! thanks! by newer, you mean a patch?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

ChuckleS wrote:ahh! thanks! by newer, you mean a patch?
What else? (you don't have to answer)
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote:
ChuckleS wrote:ahh! thanks! by newer, you mean a patch?
What else? (you don't have to answer)
why shouldn't he accurate his arguments, when he clearly has something in his mind by stating "the patch one?". making a question and advise not to answer it, is somewhat rude, don't you think? :)

maybe it was meant to be rude.. :)
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Thanks dz, but no need!
I was only making sure, thanks again guys!
Which one do you recommend? 1.11h?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:why shouldn't he accurate his arguments, when he clearly has something in his mind by stating "the patch one?". making a question and advise not to answer it, is somewhat rude, don't you think? :)

maybe it was meant to be rude.. :)
To make people learn to think.
ChuckleS wrote:Which one do you recommend? 1.11h?
1.11h is the newest and therefore the best but unofficial. The newest one made by Balázs is 1.11a.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote: To make people learn to think.
answer like that too often seems so clever and "getting-out-of-trouble" -one, but face it, there's nothing helpful in it.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

dz wrote:
Abula wrote: To make people learn to think.
answer like that too often seems so clever and "getting-out-of-trouble" -one, but face it, there's nothing helpful in it.
learn to think huh, how about you learning to think what new topics mean?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Abula wrote:The newest one made by Balázs is 1.11a.
Right, and surely the fact that I had to ask shows that I wouldn't know what to download if I 'learnt to think' or not!
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

respekt to hibernatus for the nice things that he has made and respekt to ribot for trying to think how to improve our nice game. but after all u guys r just players like all of us...so be very careful about these update things..some updates could be very risky and bad for the scene. if u must make some updates then do only those updates that everybody wants..try not to harm anyone.

onlis said that changing the game radically could get hundreds of new players to start playing...ehh..what? how could it bring hundreds of new players??...i really can't think of any reasons..

reasons why i really don't think radical changes could bring new players:

1. remember your very first drives?...i mean it was hard. banging all the time. front wheel goes up all the time and shit, bang...the game isn't easy to beginners but it still is kinda simple and after while u get better. if some radical gameplay-changes were made the game would become just too hard and complicated for beginners and it would lose its sweet simplicity.

2. how would the new version bring new players if no one knows about it? i mean that across and elma were(&are) marketed...they were in game magazines, game-websites and gamez sites. this new version would not be anywhere...again how can it bring new players if no one knows about it..

and a little critic to some ideas:

panic key F10 etc. where would u really need this?=)...it sounds like the perfect example of "let's do changes cos it's possible"...is it really needed..?

pause game. i think this is a very bad idea.. if u play a thousend rides and maybe one of them gets interrupted by a phone call or smth...do u really need a pause game for that?..and the really bad part is that i think this feature could cause some players(or all) to play so that: a player would have two elma-programs open. he would play some level at the other elma and after the first part of the lev he would pause the game and jump to the other elma. at the other elma he would practise the next part of the track and when it goes well he jumps back to the first elma and drives that part and pauses again and jumps to the other elma practising again and so on... it sounded a bit complicated. i hope u understand what i ment..
Lucian
Kuski

Post by Lucian »

@kuiva: panic key F10.... it wasn’t a serious suggestion ;) .... (sometimes i hate playing elma therefore i want a panic key to immediately quit)

i never expect this to be implemented...

Lucian
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

kuiva, first i wanna give respect back to u, u seem like a nice fellow el m0r :]

...i want to make a new patch with lots of things improved, and it shouldn't be compatible with this version of el ma. however it would be cool to still have internals, but it's a new table of course, cos with new moves u can do them all faster.

then, never will everyone want a change. why encourage normality instead of practicality or perhaps efficiency? most ppl want normal el ma anyway, and it should have been preserved, and it still can be (by making a patch, like nitro the replays cant be played in normal el ma, the patch doesnt have alavolt function).

nitro incompability was hacked, so could a new patch "old-skool-ela-ma" be, depending on something i dont know, but i guess it's about the programming skills. but don't forget that since alavolt was hacked by hib, it could as well have been hacked earlier and used as cheat, or it would probably have been eventually.

to me, however illogic my paragraphs might seem, the real problem in el asto maaneea is that it's very cheatable, and this area would need serious work. anyway i'm kind of sick of el ma anyway, and ppl have so different ideas, i suppose i'll develop new games instead? nah, i'll just keep nagging and never get anything done.
-
-
magicman
Kuski

Okey...

Post by magicman »

!C0oOL THING! if new elma

-Well some of u guys have heard of the game EXCITE BIKE(nintendo8bit)
well there's some "bost-mark" when u drive on it you go faster....
maby it would destroy elma but if it comes new internal lvl wich I think it must be in the new patch then u can make these boost thing on some of the lvls...

-and the thing onlainari said about gears, I think it should be one elma with atuomatic and one elma with manual....(3-5gears, and a clutch(koppling0 so u can make burns! :D would be awsome

-and one other thing... beside rec's the time should be standing
-script that tell how many times u finnished/esc'ed/enter/% of something
-Online flagtag(ranking)
-faster reverse replay
-NOT save game!!!!!
-Why not leave Elma open source and then Balaz can deside if he thinks it is good.......

magicman! [CF](cold fingers)

ja0 let's höyl some wcup04!!!
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

-And another rec thing... instead of pagedown in rec section u shall be allowed to press like= H and then u come to for exampel: Hora.rec

okey:D
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I want a gamepad support!!! Hibernatus go for it! it's saving you phyiscally to learn hoyl it on gamepad!
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

onlainari wrote:I want a gamepad support!!! Hibernatus go for it! it's saving you phyiscally to learn hoyl it on gamepad!
Hm, maybe I didn't understand but it's not up to software. mr and Champi0N are (were) playing Elma with pad. Also Tisk played in FEM.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

they made WR with pad? how do supervolt uah
-
-
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I tried to insert buttons in elma for my gamepad,no luck in 1.11h or 1.0 :( Myabe it'
s my gamepad
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ribot wrote:they made WR with pad? how do supervolt uah
At least one of mr's wrs had been made with pad.
Lucian
Kuski

Post by Lucian »

most pads have software that alows you to emulate one or more keyboard keys at the same time...

eg. supervolt: B-button on pad means Left+Right-key on keyboard. (so playing with pad makes sense without the 1.11h patch)

Lucian
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

someone could explain how to use gamepad for hoyling.. ?

sorry if the question is dumb
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

omg lucian,If I had realized that earlier I would have alovolted like a year ago when we started to press left and right at the same time with swos :( ...tomorrow i'll check softwares for my gamepad if I have some prog to emulate the keyboard. I still can have the rest fun but the big advantage is now gone anyway :i
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

[about the ghost thing]
i thought of that too, but it will only put people off...
wat they should do is 'auto-save-recs'
so just say u drove best time on over and under, it would save a rec called:
XXyyyy.rec

X = stage number, in this case it would be 04
y = first four letters of the nick u use in elma, mine would be McLe

so if i drove best time on o&u....it would aut-save a rec to my rec folder as 04McLe.rec

and also, where it says 'best time' down the bottom, it should also have there: 'replay saved'

another 'bright' idea from me is that u should be able to assign recs to a certain stage....just say u were 'hoyling' o&u and u wanted to see the mopo rec of it....you could have an option in choosing 'Replays' in Over and Unders Menu....this would save you pressing escape alot to go back to where the replay opton is now

but, who listens to me...
mcleod
Diogenes
Kuski

Post by Diogenes »

One thing that I would really want in a future version of Elma is to have seperate brakes for the two wheels, either front/back or left/right. There should probably still be a key to brake with both wheels. This would allow several new tricks without making the game too complicated.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Im not sure if I like that idea or not...id have to try it
Soul
Kuski

Post by Soul »

Well...im pretty new to all of this...and my driving skills arent what ya can say: WoW! :oops: , but i might have an idea for the new version

How about making the Editor work like some kind of Paint program. I dont konw the skills of you guys of making programs, but it would be nice to make polygons that are rectangels or circles that r perfectly circously :D

It can be that this is alrdy posted..then i might oversaw it ;)
_Soul_
"Where realitys Violence embraces my Silence"
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

i want a PAUSE button

i want to check my total time while elma is running

better editor

i like the idea of changing lgr while elma is running
TT= 38 somethin
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

ya changing lgr in-game is a must in newer version
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I just thought of an ability to pause a replay..maybe not any use whatsoever, but it might be.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

well as i said, pause somewhere can be hacked to pause everywhere... not really needed imo
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

SveinR wrote:I just thought of an ability to pause a replay..maybe not any use whatsoever, but it might be.
There is in the 1.11hb patch thingie
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote:
SveinR wrote:I just thought of an ability to pause a replay..maybe not any use whatsoever, but it might be.
Really? Hmm
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Kopaka wrote:
good point actually.. didn't realize hehe
it's useful to check things like "hey that head surely was inside wall" or by how far bike touches flower etc
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

-Under not wanted
Not wanted
- Not gears and tuning

Well I dont want tuning but gears+clutch would rock... maybe not in the "real-best-elma2" but it could be besde, u could drive with it if u want too, and tt's,wr's for that also?

-dunno if some1 have wrote this be4...->
->>
Then one other thing...
U should be able to mark out youre own CHECKPOINTS, and see how much +- u are compared to youre best/rec?

would be c0ol ok

no :beer:
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

I WANT A FAST-KEY FOR SWITCHING PLAYERS!!!
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Jonas wrote:I WANT A FAST-KEY FOR SWITCHING PLAYERS!!!
You really need that many players? Just remove all the others except you?
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

No but me and my friend often play levels and compete and it´s annoying to have to go to options every time to switch from me to him...
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I need to switch often too. It takes like 5 seconds, not so annoying in my opinion.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Abula wrote:I need to switch often too. It takes like 5 seconds, not so annoying in my opinion.
so abula has alias's as well
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

kuiva wrote:i pretty much agree with abula. some small _out of the game_ updates like jump to letter, lgr menu and statistic stuff would be ok but please no _in the game_ changes. why should there be new internals?...there are lots of good external contests, where u can play totaltime etc...

i don't know if onliz was jokin but...pause game?...transmission??..

across/elma is very popular because of it's original content and simple but challengin controls..don't change it.
Yes plz dont change it... lets keep the simplicity...
Proud Member Of RDK
Delta
Kuski

Post by Delta »

I think it would be nice if it was mines on the tracks. They blow when you drive on it and you fly up in the air.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Ehmm, no. That wouldn't be nice, it would be really stupid.
Loz
Kuski

Post by Loz »

mines would be cool, you would go boom, wheeeeeeeeeeee!! and they should be made so they work repeatedly :D
team RATI www.teamrati.tk
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

transmission?
i can imagine how somebody hoyls lab pro and forgets to change 5 secs from the end and the motorbike will blow down
i don't want to be that kuski :)
[carebox]
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

hmm,

in new version... NONE old lvls ok...
but as they made with elma- they toocked some parts from lvls from worldwcup2k,,, do that now also..it's c0ol

-then when u drive: "omg event bla bla I remeber that so much :)"

-and why not take some parts from the old once. but just very small parts, but so u can reconize it (the int lvl)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

and i think the tutor levels could be remade caus those two are boring now
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

No pipes! Well, shortcut pipes are ok, like headbanger, but none that are compulsory!
I think that some of the old levels should stay, like Across -> Elma a lot of levs stayed, so Elma -> ? should keep some.
Toaster
Kuski

mixing

Post by Toaster »

Yes, keep some of the old levels, parts of the old levels and upgrade some the old levels, put in some of the best lom levels, put in some olp levels etc... etc...
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

well as I said...

Make the new lvls with some parts so u can remember the lvl :)
take from Internal(1.0 internal Across), Wcup lvls, OLP, LOST

would rox okey
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

now i think this is an absolute must,

have a function where you can set the time limit for flag tag,
i hate just playing and playing or making it first to three minutes and then escaping, having this would make two playa so much more fun and more peple mite get into elma via playing with there freinds,
i kno this wont help anyone who only plays hard out, but its a game and games are supposed to be fun
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

Ky.Jelly: Indeed, flag tag requires a time limit to be called a game mode. Maybe if i have some time to waste one day i'll add it. Or maybe some other patcher?