BELMA - Battle Elasto Mania

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

db si off - almost noone is banned
[carebox]
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

I have shit editor bug or smthn... It says always sorry internal error when i open it... It sayed before i updated belma.exe. :?
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

Xiphias wrote:this error comes because some level has too long lvl name.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

milagros wrote:db si off - almost noone is banned
almost?
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

zworqy wrote:
milagros wrote:db si off - almost noone is banned
almost?
no idea if that banning fro mtext file works in that version and if you are using teh old banned list
[carebox]
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

some people/person are/is starting battles with other people's nicks. if no steps are being taken to fixing the old system, could you at least find out who's doing this by observing server activity? i believe this feature was available on the old server, why not port the code over to the new one? then maybe some actual ban ability?

EDIT:

this just happened:
20:48:03 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev (others hidden) by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:48:22 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:48:37 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:48:43 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:48:56 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:49:03 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:49:29 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:49:30 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:49:44 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:49:51 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:05 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:10 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:12 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:12 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:15 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:15 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:18 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:18 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:26 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:33 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:35 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:36 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:40 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
20:50:40 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev started by Deadness, duration 60 mins ***************
20:50:41 <temp_server> *************** Battle in shit309.lev by Deadness aborted by VT ***************
could this be made priority please
im pretty good at elma
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Ye the old server wrote a file wiht all nicks and IPs , but no more :(
So even if banning works i don't know what IP(s) to ban
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

banning doesnt work without mysql atm
only possibility is to get new server or zworqy installing mysql
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

It's also kinda annoying when noone is around to abort these battles. :?
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

I don't like increasing the limits that works. 127 apples? Insanely huge level areas? I don't see much good in it. Sure it can be fun, but I fear it will turn out annoying.

Since when are huge changes like this been made just like that? I wish at least some fucking order and structure in the developement regarding new features in this game we have used to play for almost eight years without much of changes.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

well the list is somewhere up and that's exactly what's going to be done
then im finished and no more updates
most probably there wont be any other new version than the last one
edit : http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 658#139658
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

It's dz being an old man not being able to cope with the rigidness of your updates, milagros.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I agree with dz. It's everybody's game and I don't like the fact that one man can change whatever he want without consulting it with us first :(
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

changing no. of apples/polygons looked max challenging (stupid structure), took me a few hours but finally i did teh
i didn't really care if community wants it or not
[carebox]
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

if you don't like the idea, don't download the new version? where is the fucking problem!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Lukazz wrote:if you don't like the idea, don't download the new version? where is the fucking problem!
No problem necessarily, but it's a bit of a shame that not all levels will work on all versions of elma anymore.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Lukazz wrote:if you don't like the idea, don't download the new version? where is the fucking problem!
as SveinR said... And in a not so far distant future other things will probably change. In tijs new cup only people with the latest elma version can participate due to the fact that you need long replays and only the newer version can support that. One life cup etc also have this concept. I'm pretty sure that most cups out there will have this same idea in the future, which isn't bad. The only bad thing is that one person with no legal rights (only selected by the community because of his knowledge in programming) can change whatever he wants without consulting it with the community. And of course people will continue downloading his latest version. Because (after all) so far it contains more positive things than negative AND if the majority of the scene plays that latest version then it's more fun to have it.

I suggest that milagros work through mopolauta, which works through the kuskis with community polls and discussion boards. Don't mean to offend anyone but that's my idea.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

lol.. this "more apples, vertexes and polygons" idea is YEARS old.. like Mila came up with it. ppl have been asking for it for ages. I simply don't see why you guys all of a sudden have problems with it.

Just read this wish list from late 90's early 2000
http://www.moposite.com/info_elasto_man ... rsions.php
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

SveinR wrote:
No problem necessarily, but it's a bit of a shame that not all levels will work on all versions of elma anymore.
hm, sure? more than one flower was also impossible without ALE, but still the levels work for everyone!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Only its impsy test 125 apples at balle, because it makes "sorry,internal errors"... :?

But Tijsjoris can make him great uphills too 125 apples when belma updated. :D
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

dz wrote:I wish at least some fucking order
first! o/
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Zweq wrote:
dz wrote:I wish at least some fucking order
first! o/
Second 8O
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

I have a new idea for next version. There must be the possibility to use replay control keys only on one replay when merging. It would be useful to compare with someone who have only one part faster than you, to put bikes to same place in the level.
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

cant wait to see comments like 'i pwned zamppe in downhill at 15.2x-17.1x by 0.03'
[carebox]
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

milagros wrote:cant wait to see comments like 'i pwned zamppe in downhill at 15.2x-17.1x by 0.03'
sach :O
Deadness
Beginner kuski

Post by Deadness »

Hmpph, again somebody used my nick..
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I was 10 mins into a long first finish battle by Jappe, when berhabdul used my nick to connect to belma. I died immediatly and didn't show up in results.

I'd like someone to make this fucker go bane some ways or another. Preferably in belma, either on temp server or skint server, but if bane from lauta or moposite or from internet altogether, I wouldn't mind either.

Meanwhile berh goes onto my own personal blacklist. :beer:
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Tell also your mom.

Tijsjoris ( :cry: ): berh disconnected me :( please do something about it@!@1
Mom: :? have a cookie
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i can make elma invite only for the time being
everybody will evaluate their password md5 hash (here - http://www.fileformat.info/tool/hash.htm?text=password ) and zworqy will have text file with nicks and hashes
skint0r can possibly import that hash list from his backup of db
any opinion?
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

If it only were for mongo like berhabdul, it be rather useless and painstakingly difficult for noobs.

But, when it turns out that every geek is gonna do mongo stuff now, it might be the only option. We've had our fair share of pab & fake deadness, another increase of this will definitely be too much in my opinion.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

zworqy can ban them on his router / firewall
[carebox]
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

server duz nat wark :/
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

why do you even want to be here ;s
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

berh you're fucking retarded.
39:37,91
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

ban berh from internets
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i'm going home tomorrow and there wont be any inet connection but i will take my cop home and prolly continue working on teh patch

next version will have there updates (most of them are (half) done):

1. kuski status
- n00b (cant do anything), beginner kuski (can play), kuski (+can start battle), pro (+can stop/abort, new battle types while testing), moderator (+ban after we get server, start cup, change status of n00bs, kuskis and pros), admin (me and skint0r)

2. new battle type :
a) flagtag balle (pro needed)- flag will be given randomly after 1 min of bongoing on teh lev, and then you have to have it for longest time. If you loose the flag you cant capture it for 5(?) secs. Flower will be hidden, winner replay wont be uploaded.
b) apple collecting balle (pro needed)- secret-area-like apple collecting where you have to take most number of different apples but deosn't have to be in one run, replay won't be saved, flower hidden(?)

3. new battle cripplings / flags
a) one turn
b) drunk balle (pro needed) - throttle/brake and right/left will swap after each apple taken:)
c) allow battlestarter (pro needed) to take part in battle (pro needed) - useful for some cases (crippled internals, 1htt, ..)
d) allow bug times (pro needed) - for special levs where you start with bug apple taken
e) hide times - you wont see other's times / leader time during battles

4. cooperative multiplaying (for 2 players only for now) - some invite, accept, refuse, ignore keys. Then player will stand at start till his co-player joins same lev. Everything will look like normal multiplayer, times will be saved into same table, splitscreen, ...

5.private chat - while chatting f2/f3 swaps who you write to

6. cups, 24h tt

7. fps limiter

8. new file protocol

9. setup file for loading last setup (f1, f10, ..), too many new keys needed, so there will be one 2nd function key (shift/ctrl, ..) that will have to be presses together

10. max apples to 120 and max polygons to 1200

11. tables for top times per kuski/level, battle result table, cup result table, 24hh table, lev packs table

12. battle queue and top10 times (wont work during battle/cup) ingame

13. minor updates like real time of kuski shown, time of last apple taken (for hoyling), alphabetical order for f2/f3 and kuskilist, show keys as they are set, not as it is default (F11 to upload, ..)

14. do non-us keyboard conversion(?),

15. fix all bugs (lgr, across levs, ff battle, ..)

most of these things are already done so its only to inform dz
i will not release it till everything is done
i will prolly need to test some parts with someone before release, hopefully ez multiwrs with zweq
Last edited by milagros on 27 Dec 2007, 22:11, edited 2 times in total.
[carebox]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

expected time of release - feb08
[carebox]
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

omgad cooperative multiplaying :o~ does that mean multiplay battles too?
date sounds fair enough.
39:37,91
Ali
39mins club

Post by Ali »

good news, sounds like elma revolution :o
pls add: 16. punch berh in his private places, that moron destroys everything
:x :x :x
Czech Across Racing Team member --> http://www.homer.kbx.cz/cart
</signature>
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

omg thats too nice! :D :D :D
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

It does sound good, february seems like an acceptable wait aswell.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

great

mila you rock
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

is there any sort of requirements for the ranks?
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

excuse me, so i herd you liek BANE BERH pl0x!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
MGZ
Kuski

Post by MGZ »

Cant connect to balle server even with new IP, any change or somthing is zworqy server down?
"You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b..."
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I thought of maybe some feature to force battle winners to upload rec, say after 1 min and they haven't uploaded.

Another problem is if say you are leading with 5 mins left but have to leave, you can't upload it. I can't think of any way to fix it but I thought it should be mentioned.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

Wow mila, that really sounds awesome.

When you implement online multiplayer, will we be able to start multiplayer battles (with external levs)?
I guess multi battles would be max fun, with random teams and/or to chose your teammate.

<3 Mila,

Palme
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

milagros wrote:most of these things are already done so its only to inform dz
Thanks for the information.
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

I wonder: Who is the fucking idiot who use same nick as berhabdul? (no, i am not)
Dunno who is but he must know that he is doing same mongoism as berh did.
Is it funny? huh
But i am sure, this person is some famous guy. SHAME
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

how do u know it's nat berh himself?