EOL cup mode problems

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

EOL cup mode problems

Post by zebra »

Hi, I collect here (in the first post) the bugs we have found from EOL (program or site). These bugs have to be fixed before we can start a real cup. I make this to make it easier for mila/kopaka to fix these and to keep myself up-to-date as well. I will edit this if and when the problems are fixed. :)

- EOL doesn't save your best rec. Maybe it saves your last rec? Some people say that replay saving reminder doesn't work either.
- During EOL server reboot, EOL forgot all the upcoming events
- EOL didn't include all players to cup stats. Possible reasons: ctrl+f8 not pressed, battle going, ...
- startballe doesn't allow me to put time that is prior to my current local time. Yet the timezone seems to be server's timezone, which is 10 ours behind my timezone. This means that I can't start a cup event right away, only 10 hours from now.
- There is something other mystical about timezones. Some people could download the first event before it was started (the cup was started but the event wasn't because of the bug above).
- EOL site shows the times also in server timezone even if there is time zone selection in settings page.
- Players with same result (same time or same amount of apples) got different amount of points. They should share the points and get equal amount of points each.
- You can see times with shift+f5 and then re-entering the level. This prevents us to have 'hidden times' events.
- EOL site showed remaining time like '13:3:09' when it should be '13:03:09'
- I saw somebody playing level 'ztc101.lev' when the real level was 'ZTC101.lev', I don't know what had happened.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Re: EOL cup mode problems

Post by FinMan »

zebra wrote:- I saw somebody playing level 'ztc101.lev' when the real level was 'ZTC101.lev', I don't know what had happened.
Those people downloaded the lev using ctrl f4 and spelled it without the capital letters.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

zebra wrote:- I saw somebody playing level 'ztc101.lev' when the real level was 'ZTC101.lev', I don't know what had happened.
This is simply because the person press Ctrl + F4 and typed "ztc101" instead of capitals. You still can spy people (if its not hidden), but saved replay on ztc101 can't be watched if you have ZTC101 in your level folder. In my opinion, level download should be case sensitive to avoid such problems.
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Mawane wrote:In my opinion, level download should be case sensitive to avoid such problems.
Or how about returning lev "ZTC101" even though player writes "ztc101"?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

zebra wrote:These bugs have to be fixed before we can start a real cup.
see you next year :(
Lousku wrote:how about returning lev "ZTC101" even though player writes "ztc101"?
this is a good idea, I totally second it
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Mawane wrote:In my opinion, level download should be case sensitive to avoid such problems.
FYI Windows file system is case insensitive, so whatever lower or upper case you chose you'll end up with the same file
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

fix memory leak

comment cup code

release

win
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

totem wrote:
FYI Windows file system is case insensitive, so whatever lower or upper case you chose you'll end up with the same file
Maybe windows is, but elma isn't which can cause the rec viewing problems mawane mentioned.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

okay sorry, I did not get what bug was involved
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Couldn't you just force the case of the original level when downloading?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages