>>> Download Pipe stats <<<
(4.0 MB)>>> Download zip with all levels <<<
(30.2 MB)Updated: 20 March 2017Now includes:
- 131 pipe packs, with a total of 5397 pipes!- personal times/positions sortable by levpacks
- personal levpack stats for finishes, WRs, and kinglist!!! as well as WR efficiency and average number of points per pack
- levpack rankings for finishes, WRs and kinglist
- separate levpacks for apple battles, multi battles, broken levels and levels with duplicate names
- download links for all levels!
Soo... some of you may remember me asking about various programming and website-related stuff on discord a few months ago. I was hoping to develop my expertise in the field and at the same time create something cool and useful for the community. But it turned out that my gap in the knowledge was so massive that creating this tool in the form of a website would simply take an unrealistic amount of time. Instead, I decided to use the knowledge that I already have and still make the tool. Not in the form of a website or even an application, unfortunately, but a spreadsheet. And so I present to you: pipe stats.What is it?
- It is a spreadsheet that fetches online times from elmaonline.net and makes basic stats based on themWhy is it pretty cool?
- It is updated on the basis of a worksheet with level indexes from the relevant packs. This means that once those indexes are put to place, times will always be drawn from the correct
versions of the levels. Unfortunately the correct versions have to be checked manually, but I do that so don't worry ^^
- It makes it very easy to track your progress through level packs, as it highlights which levels are finished and your percentage completion of level packs. The levels can, of course, be sorted by pack.
- All the nicks that appear in any of the levels are automatically added to the database, so you don't have to worry about registering, submitting your times or anything like that!
- Newly created levels can be easily added. All I need to do is paste in the new indexes and everything else is done automatically.
- Level links are included!
So if you feel like checking out this pack, or are missing a few levels, or have some wrong versions, you can just click the links one by one and download the levels. If you want to download a whole pack quickly then copy the indexes you want to a .txt file, open that file in a browser and use "DownThemAll!" extension to download all the files :)
- All the data is in the spreadsheet, so if you find your way around it you can easily play around with it and make your own crazy stats.What's not that cool (yet)?
- Firstly, it runs through Matlab. Yes, the software for science/engineering-related programming and data processing. Unfortunately it's the only language I feel comfortable in. This means that in order to have the spreadsheet updated, I have to run the Matlab code manually, paste the data into the spreadsheet and upload the new version. It takes me 5 clicks since the majority of the process is automatic, so I can do it at any frequency (or per request), but the plan is to update it roughly weekly (not WR-style-weekly).
- Secondly, for some stupid reason excel drop-down boxes are not searchable, which means that you have to find your nick among the 300+ manually... Thankfully once you select it it stays there ;) You can also type it in (it's case-insensitive)!
- It doesn't contain a great deal of stats for now. However, things such as total times or a compare tool can be very easily coded with the framework that I have now, so I will keep adding new features.
What's important is that this code/spreadsheet can be used to automatically generate stats for any levpack on earth
. I'd be more than happy to create a separate, more generic spreadsheet with non-pipe levpacks. All you need to do is send me those indexes :)
And of course I am looking forward to feedback and suggestions for new features! :)