Perfect?

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Perfect?

Post by Mawane »

Are the WR perfect?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

wtf topic
of course wrs are far from perfect but still only a few ones have skills to do teh
[carebox]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

flat track, hangman, freefall cant be far from teh...
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Zweq wrote:flat track, hangman, freefall cant be far from teh...
i dont think those levs are closer than wu or steppes (if brutal not faster)
one day better style might be found in those 4 too:)
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Damn why am I going to reply in such a topic as this.. purism aside then. I really wouldn't have thought someone to beat dariuz' steppes besides dariuz himself. If we can say a time can be perfect, I think on short höylä levels these can be acquired the most easily, but I don't think any of the internals have a current "perfect WR time".
I think such a "perfect time" would look like the time crazy drove on the standard editor level. In general, when I think of höyled to the maximum, I think of crazy. Therefor I can say that I would feel that a WR driven by crazy on such a short internal like freefall or warm up qualifies as a perrfect time for me.

In short, crazy should really do an attempt at WRs.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

i dont think a wr by crazy would be any more perfect than one by another kuski. probably less so, he's not much of an internalist

have you also considered that if other people played the Crazy Hoyla pack as much as Crazy did, they would have similar times (assuming this is what led you to comment)?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think that if crazy would make a serious attempt at internals, he would put very much time in it, and thereby achieving, hopefully, such a perfect time.

Not necessarily would anyone of us achieve a perfect time by putting as much time in it though. Just look at the mere fact of your attempt at freefall, you couldn't do better, but I would say crazy could do it better.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

tijsjoris wrote:I think that if crazy would make a serious attempt at internals, he would put very much time in it, and thereby achieving, hopefully, such a perfect time.

Not necessarily would anyone of us achieve a perfect time by putting as much time in it though. Just look at the mere fact of your attempt at freefall, you couldn't do better, but I would say crazy could do it better.
i played freefall when i was a noob :P not saying theres much to it once you learn the button presses, but i reckon i could do a better job now.. in fact i'll try it a bit on my bro's pc

edit: fuck it, cant press the keys i need to
Last edited by jaytea on 14 May 2007, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

tijsjoris wrote: Just look at the mere fact of your attempt at freefall, you couldn't do better, but I would say crazy could do it better.
wanna see that really
milagros wrote:
i dont think those levs are closer than wu or steppes (if brutal not faster)
one day better style might be found in those 4 too:)
guess you are right, ez 0,02 or more better always, at least in warm up (which we can talk about more after EDfQ2)
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

milagros wrote:wtf topic
of course wrs are far from perfect but still only a few ones have skills to do teh
Hey mila, looks like them english lessons are paying of :D
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I don't think that there are perfect WRs, but I must say that there is one WR which is far harder to beat than the others, and this is - imho - stini's enigma.

I mean, I'm not even sure if a faster run with the same bounce would qualify these days... I compare stini's bounce to a 2.2m/s tail wind speed in an olympic running competition, when the maximum allowed is 2.0m/s; in other words, not only it is on the border between normal bounce and bugbounce, but it also enjoys the little range of bounce-qualification-misjudgment.

And so, someone has to either drive a really lucky and skillful run with a normal bounce to make some 19.1x, or find some new style in this level, which I doubt will happen soon.

All other WRs, imo, are fairly likely to be beaten some day soon.[/i]
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

gah.. much talk about me here :oops:
I don't orka offer much to the discussion atm..
But sure, I have spent a sick amount of time in some levs. Though, that might be because I have NOT got the skill required to make a WR.. I simply have to play alot to make a good time.

For example I tried quite hard on Twin peaks (17.87-17.89).. (though not even close to time spent on hoyla mission levs..) but I never got some parts of the level as I wanted them. So I kinda have tried. Maybe orka try some more some day. But atm I just cruise some levs at random.
But, this is a fact: I probably would beat Twin Peaks with an ok run of mine.. merging makes it ez WR

By stating "Wr doesn't seem to be perfect" and things like "ez WR", as I did recently, was just my way of saying that it could be done better. But then again, it really takes a lot of hoyling and you have to do every part near to perfect..
Last edited by Crazy on 14 May 2007, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

What I said, if you'd spend a proper amount of crazy time into it, you would beat already höyled WR's. And I think that when you have started taking one WR on a level, you would höyl the maximum out of it, reaching the frontier of possibility.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

cut the crap " mister x would take wr x if he played hard ", I don't know crazys achievements in externals, but I think you're underestimating internal short hoyl wrs here now, long levs are another story ;)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

ye, took one night to get 5 CH WR's. Would only take Crazy a week to get them all.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Quinn
37mins club

Post by Quinn »

hangman atleast far away from perfect :wink:
TT=37.56.09 /Average TT=39.05.16 / Höylä Mission TT: 11.14.13/ X-Double Trouble WR/
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No, I'm not saying mr. X can take teh and teh WR, I say crazy can, with his characteristics of being patient on höyling taken in consideration. I'm not underestimating the state of höylä of the short internals, but still I stick to my opinion.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

no, the point is "he _would if_ he tried", sounds idiotic to me since the fact is that he hasn't had wrs and the reason is simple and already mentioned, short internal höyl levs aren't easy. and as jaytea said, ppl havent höyled that shit external whatever pack

in fact it's ridiculous for you to think someone who hasn't played internals for 5 years (like some have) could suddenly do perfect wr(s) by using 'very much time in it'
"he would put very much time in it, and thereby achieving, hopefully, such a perfect time. "

jeezez
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No, it's not ridiculous, dariuz didn't need ages of experience on flat track to do the WR on it, just a bit of luck in the beginning to get motivated and after that plenty of time to get there for real.

And I do think crazy can höyl a fair bit, and that that is the only need to obtain wrs in particular short levels in my view, reaching for the perfect time eventually.