Speed Demo's Run

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

Lukazz
36mins club

Re: Speed Demo's Run

Post by Lukazz »

labby pro, apple harvest, animal farm, zig zag and bowling/new wave i guess.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

In speedruns shouldn't be allowed any deaths or skipping any lev. It loses the principle then.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Madness wrote:In speedruns shouldn't be allowed any deaths or skipping any lev. It loses the principle then.
why? the principle of a speedrun is, to finish a game as fast as possible. we can argue about the skips, but there is no reason why deaths shouldn't be allowed.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I agree with the deaths but that's my point exactly Igge, you don't see it in any other speed runs. If we sent in a video into their website with a bunch of deaths on it, the randomers that watch it would think that nobody plays elma just a bunch of noobs playing it occassionally.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

then you have teh patch with finish/death 1 sec (?)delay removed which gives 50 sec advantage. theres many things to discuss about. either way the major bottle neck remains, how to record it
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

timelapse photo maybe? 1 pic/second for some 1hour TT would mean 3600 pics which is ez doable if not the best quality. I guess fakeable but still, only mongos would cheat.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

and the speed demo verifiers are quite nazi about the game versions used to record, they have to be official and genuine so all centered cam, patched stuff and so on is a no-no. would need to use 1.11a
39:37,91
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Elma is not like most games with speedruns (Mario Bros on the NES for example) where completing the last level ends the game. To me, to have completed the game (elma), you have to have finished every internal. Skipping a level is not like taking a shortcut with a magic wand in Mario, it's skipping a level (meaning not finishing a level) therefore, if you haven't completed every level, you can't have finished the game.

So, in my opinion, a speedrun in elma would be:

- Finishing all 54 internal levels
- Deaths allowed

I don't know how you would record it though, quite harddrive consumming i believe.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

Good discussion going on, but I don't think we will solve anything here. This really needs to be on SDA forums.
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

Do it oldschool:
Camera + monitor
---
Team EA
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I browsed http://www.speeddemosarchive.com/ a bit and saw that many runs are made in segments. If it doesn't have to be done in 1 continuous run, isn't a TT movie just fine?
Games that allow you to save your progress and continue later can be done using segments. You can retry segments as much as you want, in order to optimize them. Keep in mind that the purpose of segmentation is not to make life easier for you or to reduce the amount of time it takes you to produce a run. A segmented run implies a higher level of risk-taking and a lower tolerance for mistakes.
Höyling TT is basically competing in speed runs. Elma just happens to be a game where the most common goal is to make a good speedrun.

Did I misunderstand something?
Last edited by Lousku on 29 Sep 2010, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

LousQ wrote:I browsed http://www.speeddemosarchive.com/ a bit and saw that many runs are made in segments. If it doesn't have to be done in 1 continuous run, isn't a TT movie just fine?
Yes. A TT movie would be considered a segmented speedrun, and would most likely be accepted. The only thing I'm worried about is that the segments weren't driven in the "correct" order.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

they usually have a segmented run and then a overall run. Usually I end up watching the overall run movies not the segmented ones. What do you mean igge that the movie is in wrong order? someone should make a new tt movie and submit it to speedruns then.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Memphis wrote:[...] someone should make a new tt movie and submit it to speedruns then.
lol.. looking for any excuse to see the new styles xD
Last edited by Xiphias on 30 Sep 2010, 10:19, edited 3 times in total.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

ez edq after minute break, not sooner :X
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Segmented speedruns of this game is just our Total time, LousQ.

Speedruns require you to finish the objective, using whatever restrictions are deemed appropriate for the run using ANY MECHANIC AVAILABLE IN THE GAME.

Skipping is a part of elma, so unless it was explicitly stated in the description of the run, it would be allowed.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

You don't get a YOU FINISHED THE GAME, GRATS message if you beat apple harvest. Therefore it makes sense to have all levels finished to 'complete' it. TT movie would be like individual records table that some of the games (like Doom) have there, wouldn't even need to be done all by one person. It could even be an almost mirror of the WR table if people bother sending in properly encoded movies of their recs.
39:37,91
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Xarthok wrote:You don't get a YOU FINISHED THE GAME, GRATS message if you beat apple harvest.
well, isn't level 55 kinda the same?
twipleyy
Kuski

Post by twipleyy »

Xarthok wrote:You don't get a YOU FINISHED THE GAME, GRATS message if you beat apple harvest. Therefore it makes sense to have all levels finished to 'complete' it.
That.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Xarthok wrote:It could even be an almost mirror of the WR table if people bother sending in properly encoded movies of their recs.
this imo
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

why not send EDQ2 and say it is a segmented speed run by all of them WR holders? :D
:mrhat:
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

CuLiNo wrote:ez edq after minute break, not sooner :X
dude we have waited long enough for an edq to come out. everyone voted on 35:30 and it is well past that.
Religious Man
||