Speed Demo's Run

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

Memphis
37mins club

Speed Demo's Run

Post by Memphis »

Hi guys,

There might be a topic about this somewhere but I was unable to see it. I was just wondering if there was anyone who has finished all 54 levels with no death and had it recorded? I may try to do this and send to speed demos if no one else has completed it. What was your fastest overall time if you completed this.

Thanks,
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
nony
Kuski

Re: Speed Demo's Run

Post by nony »

this should be some ultrasick hoyling. it's like... you die at headbanger, press escape and then start with warm up again. brrrrrrr...
is it possible, with mila's patch now, so that all the internals are merged into one? no? i guess no...
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

well that's the thing to. Sometimes I just press escape just off habit. But if you were at apple harvest without a death and pushed it you'd be mad. But probably just takes a little getting used to and then you can play that kind of style.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

you have no clue on what you're talking about :)
39:37,91
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

not really no.
Religious Man
||
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

8-ball wrote:you have no clue on what you're talking about :)
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

would have been cool, putting some int levs into one lev too.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

yes with styles for 55 tt
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

on my quest for making this video how do I delete old users on my state?
Religious Man
||
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

ctrl+alt+enter

Edit: ofcourse that only removes them from nick list, guess you'll have to make new state or use that bug time remover http://zworqy.com/elmaguide/index.php?p ... s#bremover
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

ctrl+alt+enter in options...and if there are other times, ez beat them:))
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

how's the quest progressing
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

Zweq wrote:yes with styles for 55 tt
Why so pessimistic? It doesn't look much harder than 1h TT. :roll:
Through the externals to the skill.
Through the skill to the internals.
Through the internals to the divinity.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Ves wrote:
Zweq wrote:yes with styles for 55 tt
Why so pessimistic? It doesn't look much harder than 1h TT. :roll:
even 55tt is highly optimistic, as long as we are talking about no deaths. Just go ahead and try, it is 55 minutes of choice&consequence every single second, at least without practicing completing elma without deaths is incredibly hard. I have tried it many times and usually first fuckups start in long haul or tunnel terror. The constant thinking of nxt move "risk it or go safe?" will drive you insane I can tell you that. This is why the only chance to do this thing is to practice very easy and safe styles. You have to know every single vertex of every single level what to do and the "what to do" isn't wr styles, nope, it is much worse styles even zworqy could ever imagine. Because if you _don't_ know what the fuck to do, you're going to die.

hell you can die really anywhere, just imagine for example quick round? how the hell would you ride that lev when you're thinking all the time you cant die? or animal farm rooster head? very possible to fuck up there, even headbanger, the list goes on

however, if deaths are allowed I have finished all levels in 1htt when at least 8mins were left, but that's not in my opinion a true speedrun. Would you even bother watching an SMB3 speedrun where the player dies in the world8?
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya, what's limiting me right now is the fact that I can't delete names on state. I am getting video camera in a few days though and may just end up filming myself do it instead of using fraps. I see where your coming from zweq and a person like yourself may have a harder time at doing something like this then a noob like myself. I don't think about doing hard styles often unless I am really holyaing the level. Definatly possible but apple harvest would be the bitch i think.
Religious Man
||
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

ez backup your state.dat somewhere else and run the game. this should create a new state.dat with no nick in.

i remember that i read a thread about this stuff a long time ago and someone made it till steepcorner.
i mean: even levs, that totally don't come up in your personal list of levs-to-most-likely-die-in, can cause your death - like zweq says.

i made it to spiral after 5 hours of hoyling :S
but as i said, a long time ago.
---
Team EA
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Memphis

go into Belma or Elma, go into options, Change player. hover over the player you want to delete and press Ctrl+Alt+Enter
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

tried it casually and died on grav ride, really stupid inexcusable death but then again i suppose they'll all be like that. some of the long levels would be nerve racking.. and AH at the end? i'd like to see someone do this
im pretty good at elma
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Smaxa thanks for the info on that. Makes that part of it easier. Now I can't use video camera then does fraps work?
Religious Man
||
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Basically, trying to finish all levels in a row without dying is like playing a 1 hour+ long level.

Now imagine dying in the end of a 10 minute level. You'd be so fucking pissed off. Then imagine dying in the end of a 20 minute level. It would be fucking horrible. So imagine dying after having played for more than one hour. And then if you die, you will most likely try it again, sooner or later. Now imagine dying again after yet another hour of intense, nerve racking playing. Well, I'm not even sure you can imagine such a thing.

Trust me, the worst level will be downhill. No matter how slowly you drive it, you'll still die. Imagine how your heart will be pounding, cause by then you'll probably have been playing constantly for an extremely intense hour, and then you have to do that "Slow down" part. It's tight, it's hard, and it will kill you.

I'm not saying this can't be done, I'm just saying it will age you horribly, and cost you alot of money, because you will have broken 10 keyboards, at least, by the time you make it.

Attempting this might be a safe one-way ticket away from your elma addiction.

Nevertheless, I will try it myself sometime.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

seems as if fraps lags the shit outa my computer and makes it near impossible to drive. I think i'll have to do the video tape method unless any other suggestions come up?
Religious Man
||
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

no, igge.
most bitch lev is definitely haircut.
i tried a bit, best result so far is slalom without a death, or 52:49tt with 16 deaths - actually a new 1hour-tt record for me..
i died in levels: 11, 11, 20, 30, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, 39, 39, 39, 39, 40, 46, 52

the main difference between a 1hour+ level and this is, that you know all of the levs and can practise them seperately. and you have short periods between the levs, where you can relax :P For me, this challenge is a new way to come back to internals again, max fun actually if you have a ride of 20 levels.

I will look for another possibility than fraps, caus it causes the same problems here, memphis.
i remember hypercam, gamecam and wegame, but i think those won't work with elma :/
---
Team EA
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

tried once and died at the first killer in upside down... some levels are real bitches. imho hardest lev is enigma!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i have maximum lag too when i record with fraps =/
EDIT: tried again... died at animal farm, it was the stupidest death ever. :lol: i think i could do till enigma with many many tries but this is really nerv wrecking...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I don't see why enigma would be so hard? Just do the mega-nab style - go around, hang above the killers and drop down.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Igge wrote:I don't see why enigma would be so hard? Just do the mega-nab style - go around, hang above the killers and drop down.
omg common...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Well, I know the other nabstyle is easy as well, going down in the gap between the first and the second polygon. And after taking the apple, going around and getting to the flower is not hard.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Igge wrote:Well, I know the other nabstyle is easy as well, going down in the gap between the first and the second polygon. And after taking the apple, going around and getting to the flower is not hard.
ye thought about that too... this style is really 99/100
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

right, so where's the problem with enigma though?
always first try.
---
Team EA
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Lukazz: i know this is the nabest rec i've ever posted on lauta, but i did it on first try and it's max ez (max nab) :)

http://up.k10x.net/xtvpercjhdrrv/47NAB.rec - there's nothing to fuck up here
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Milty wrote:right, so where's the problem with enigma though?
Lukazz wrote:tried once and died at the first killer in upside down... some levels are real bitches. imho hardest lev is enigma!
Lukazz wrote:
Igge wrote:Well, I know the other nabstyle is easy as well, going down in the gap between the first and the second polygon. And after taking the apple, going around and getting to the flower is not hard.
ye thought about that too... this style is really 99/100
Luki, you're not making much sense. 8)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

FUCK YOU SHAT THE UP FUCK bitch
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

ups, my txt-link didnt work caused by the "+" in there
so here it is
http://up.k10x.net/sipyalaskqsoq/Kopievon16deaths.txt
for those, who are interested :/
---
Team EA
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

oh and Culi, when you've been riding for an hour, you'll be stressed as a fuckknuckle and there's a very likely chance to hit the killers on either side.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

SmaXa wrote:oh and Culi, when you've been riding for an hour, you'll be stressed as a fuckknuckle and there's a very likely chance to hit the killers on either side.
i know it's different when you start enigma and drive like that...and if you succeeded in 46 levs and play it like that:D
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

So I was trying this, all went fine, I even made a fucking awesome professional hang at the gravity part in Upside Down, bragging about it in the chat. But in my enthousiasm I forgot the left last apple.. :blushes: ..been away from elma too long I guess! :P
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

LOLLLL how could you forget apples?! :lol:
:mrhat:
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

he said.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

still pretty funny though.
Religious Man
||
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

does such battletype planned for eol?

can speedrun with five skipped levels be considered as "speedrun with warps"? :lol:
Through the externals to the skill.
Through the skill to the internals.
Through the internals to the divinity.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

would be solid to have this integrated in eol. nah no skipping levels should be allowed.
Religious Man
||
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

maybe a with possible deaths could be nice too, like, you can die but you just lost time playing that run; I say it's more forgiving and still needs major good playing to get decent times.
:mrhat:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

one life 2htt
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I did finish all in a row without deaths casually some weeks ago, with some 51TT but problem is I can't record it, have no space for 50 mins of uncompressed video.
39:37,91
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Xarthok wrote:I did finish all in a row without deaths casually some weeks ago, with some 51TT but problem is I can't record it, have no space for 50 mins of uncompressed video.
stats plz
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Jappe wrote:skipping levels would be probably allowed in traditional speedrun, elma is harder to judge though, what counts as finishing the game? finishing all levels or finishing the last level (excluding 55 of course). for elma people probably finishing all levels, but if some random speedrunner found elma he would probably think skips are acceptable and speedrun it that way
i agree. and deaths would be allowed to, cause obviously starting again in a level is used in many speedruns.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I'd like to see a random speedrunner stumble upon Elma and try finishing internals quickly with 0 skill! :)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

it's wierd though. In all the speed runs I have seen, I have never once witnessed a death, but like you say, it would be more forgiving. I don't think skip levels would be that good. Everyone would skip the same tough 5 lvls which are probably, apple harvest, laby pro, serps, upside down, new wave or double trouble. probably animal farm as well.
Last edited by Memphis on 29 Sep 2010, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
Religious Man
||
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Memphis wrote:it's wierd though. In all the speed runs I have seen, I have never once witnessed a death
Obviously because deaths usually slow down your progress? They are speedruns after all.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ez skip animal farm instead of serp
[carebox]