Whats changed in World Record TT

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Whats changed in World Record TT

Post by gimp »

There was about a four year interval between the world records breaking 37 minutes to breaking 36 minutes. already it has been close to a year and the world record TT has gone down 30 seconds. if this pace is kept up the interval will take half the time as the last one did. do you think this is a result of a lot of new players from belma? or maybe our previous players have just gotten that much better since? also, do you predict that we will break 35 minutes in less than four years, or do you think the next 30 seconds to be shaved off will take much longer?
God Bless America
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: Whats changed in World Record TT

Post by Grace »

Yes, but remember of the 37-36 minute limit interval, 50% or more of that time was spent in the first 5 seconds.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I think 35-tt limit won't be broken in nearest time. :P
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Ye but guys tell me what were the reasons that the tt drop is so nice?

zweq here again?
lots of new players?
their skill improvement thanks to belma?
change in mind, that the impsy-looking styles are actually doable (flyer, serpents, ramp...)?
FPS limiter?
belma, keeping everyone fit all the time?
the beauty of elastomania end internals - you never know how many improvements are possible?
coincidence?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
_FreaK_
Kuski

Post by _FreaK_ »

i'd say there are many reasons

1) Lot's of new players have reached the skill level when they can do almost anything in the game... well not many of them are focused on ints... but when they do they can produce absolutely sick times.

2) Short levs seem to offer less new possible styles year by year.. and hoyla is cool... but not every1 is capable of doing 10k runs under 20sec like jarkko on Uphill Battle.. so players more often focus on some longer levs.. and well on those improvements can be quite spectacular

3) Many old styles of the past, that ppl knew were possible but goddamn hard.. nowdays become just "new" styles that every1 tends to try and gosh more and more succed... This fact btw pretty much makes the old target times useless :)

4)PPL are still waiting for EoL and belma surely helps alot while developing new skills but after 2-3 weeks of balles, internalists just ought to test 1 thing or another on the ints.. and therefore we have constant improvements.

5) Maybe it just seems like that for me.. but for most players improving TT...and comparing one's TT to another... looks like trying to figure who's dick is longer (sry .. couldn't find better words) And they abbandon hunt for TT long ago... but getting a WR if ya can still is a motivation.. So best players just go for the WR's not for TT anymore.

6)In the past 6 months there was a real hunt to finally beat 35.30.. I think that from now on the "WR TT fall" will slow down for some time, after the target has finally been beaten...

Well there sould be millions of other lesser or major reasons... but
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Bjorn/Raven/Kazan/John/Zweq squabbling amongst themselves is the reason. Also to a lesser degree talli and Cap

maybe Madness is joining the fight too. Jarkko is sicker than all of them.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

People have lost respect for WRs and internals, which of course is a good thing. There are still, after 10 years, WRs that are pretty easy once you put your mind to it and hoyl. People just realized that in-between sessions of belma. And belma of cuz is good practise.

My guess is that 34 WRtt is quite far off into the future tho. 10th february 2013, just half a year after WR-updating was passed on to Pawq and just 5 years before Paprika is up and running with a records section, is my guess ;p
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

ye 2013 seems realistic. but paprika not before 2058.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

well for one, a few more people have access to save load and when they publish replays of crazy times it shows people it is possible. Also I agree with Haru in the fact that there seems to be a few more guys out there now with the skill to take a wr without endless hoylaing like myself. Although internals I still find fun to play still, I can't see myself holyaing another wr. I am just in it for the tt now.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||