Pipe stats

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Pipe stats

Post by pawq »

>>> Download Pipe stats <<< (4.1 MB)

>>> Download zip with all levels <<< (30.2 MB)

Updated: 30 October 2017

Now includes:
- 131 pipe packs, with a total of 5397 pipes!

- personal times/positions sortable by levpacks
- personal levpack stats for finishes, WRs, and kinglist!!! as well as WR efficiency and average number of points per pack
- levpack rankings for finishes, WRs and kinglist
- separate levpacks for apple battles, multi battles, broken levels and levels with duplicate names
- download links for all levels!

Soo... some of you may remember me asking about various programming and website-related stuff on discord a few months ago. I was hoping to develop my expertise in the field and at the same time create something cool and useful for the community. But it turned out that my gap in the knowledge was so massive that creating this tool in the form of a website would simply take an unrealistic amount of time. Instead, I decided to use the knowledge that I already have and still make the tool. Not in the form of a website or even an application, unfortunately, but a spreadsheet. And so I present to you: pipe stats.

What is it?
- It is a spreadsheet that fetches online times from elmaonline.net and makes basic stats based on them

Why is it pretty cool?
- It is updated on the basis of a worksheet with level indexes from the relevant packs. This means that once those indexes are put to place, times will always be drawn from the correct versions of the levels. Unfortunately the correct versions have to be checked manually, but I do that so don't worry ^^
- It makes it very easy to track your progress through level packs, as it highlights which levels are finished and your percentage completion of level packs. The levels can, of course, be sorted by pack.
- All the nicks that appear in any of the levels are automatically added to the database, so you don't have to worry about registering, submitting your times or anything like that!
- Newly created levels can be easily added. All I need to do is paste in the new indexes and everything else is done automatically.
- Level links are included! So if you feel like checking out this pack, or are missing a few levels, or have some wrong versions, you can just click the links one by one and download the levels. If you want to download a whole pack quickly then copy the indexes you want to a .txt file, open that file in a browser and use "DownThemAll!" extension to download all the files :)
- All the data is in the spreadsheet, so if you find your way around it you can easily play around with it and make your own crazy stats.

What's not that cool (yet)?
- Firstly, it runs through Matlab. Yes, the software for science/engineering-related programming and data processing. Unfortunately it's the only language I feel comfortable in. This means that in order to have the spreadsheet updated, I have to run the Matlab code manually, paste the data into the spreadsheet and upload the new version. It takes me 5 clicks since the majority of the process is automatic, so I can do it at any frequency (or per request), but the plan is to update it roughly weekly (not WR-style-weekly).
- Secondly, for some stupid reason excel drop-down boxes are not searchable, which means that you have to find your nick among the 300+ manually... Thankfully once you select it it stays there ;) You can also type it in (it's case-insensitive)!
- It doesn't contain a great deal of stats for now. However, things such as total times or a compare tool can be very easily coded with the framework that I have now, so I will keep adding new features.

What's important is that this code/spreadsheet can be used to automatically generate stats for any levpack on earth. I'd be more than happy to create a separate, more generic spreadsheet with non-pipe levpacks. All you need to do is send me those indexes :)

And of course I am looking forward to feedback and suggestions for new features! :)

ez,
pawq
Last edited by pawq on 30 Oct 2017, 01:31, edited 40 times in total.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: Pipe stats

Post by kuchitsu »

[nevermind]
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Nice stuff, and also nice that it also works in Google Sheets; you could also import the sheet there when updating instead of us having to download it?

Also, I don't know what's going on with the players list but it seems it puts players randomly into 2 alphabetically sorted groups, like

Ali
A.K.B.
Bismuth
Bjenn
Ron
Ropelli
adi
aspec
b0ne
berh
ribot
roope

This makes searching for specific nicks even more annoying :p

Also: where is hazpi pack?)

Also: if you for some reason encounter wrong version of lev being the default what EOL downloads, let me know and I'll fix)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

To address your concerns in order:

I didn't know it would work with google sheets o,o I'll try to do that so you don't have to redl!

I thought the same when I saw the player list... But excel is just stupid and sorts according to ansii characters, so it's capitals first, followed by lower-case... Tried to gogel a bit and it seems there's no ez/quick way around that, so I just left it. Thankfully the searching thingy that recognises the nick and looks for times is case-insensitive, so you can type roope, Roope or whatever into the field and it'll work.

The HazPi pack, as well as APipes, mawpis, PawqPs and more are on the way. But obviously there are almost 400 HazPis, so it'll take a while :)

And I'll pm you about default levs.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Awesome work Pawq :D
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Just uploaded an updated version (updated link in the first post).

The spreadsheet now contains 50 pipe packs and a total of 3059 levels!

I've also added a ranking of top finishers. This can be shown as a total of all levels, or split by level pack.

Top5 finishers atm are:
RearNakedChoke - 1561 (51.03%)
pawq - 1255 (41.03%)
adi - 1197 (39.13%)
DRACON - 773 (25.27%)
Pab - 717 (23.44%)

Some other notable stats:
- The only person to have finished all APipe's is Pab, the levpack's designer.
- There are 3 people who completed all 3 ChainPipes: Markku, adi & jblaze.
- Nobody finished all HazPi's. Boomer is closest with 393/394. The remaining pipe has only been finished by finman.
- The biggest pipe pack in elma, mawpi, is near completion. The top finisher is adi with 747/770, followed by RearNakedChoke with 562 and DRACON with 225.

The spreadsheet still isn't upped to google sheets as some functionality isn't working there. I will work on it.

Hope you find it useful/interesting!
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Nice job! I wonder if it's necessary to keep broken levs like mawpi348 and/or (impsy) apple battle levs at all in list. At least it would be nice if they didn't count in total. For example my stats are 747/770 but actually I've only 6-7 unfinished mawpi's.

Dunno how to handle mawpi500, both pipes are awesome.

mawpi490 is cool gravity pipe, so I fixed one unworking gravity apple and finished it. I suggest changing it :)
Team MiE
DR@CON
Kuski
Team: LATP

Post by DR@CON »

Interesting thing) Nice work! :beer: Didnt know, that Im 4th in the list. Ofc, many ppl could play and finish levs offline (especially old levs before eol era).
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Max nice initiative pawq!

:beer:
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ladies and gentlemen, the big update is here!

Download!

The spreadsheet was expanded to 65 pipe packs with a total of 3370 pipes!

The stats were severely upgraded too! See below for a teaser ;)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to upload the spreadsheet to Google Sheets due to a limit in cell number (2mln...), but I will try to find a workaround. Nothing's guaranteed unfortunately.

Next to come... "Download" links for zip archives of all and every pipe pack!
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

What does the numbers mean, can't open file don't have excel or sach program
nvm got openoffice, what does the efficiency stat mean though like what does it base that on
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

It's really not that hard to check o,o it's what percentage of your finishes are WRs.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Ok ty I gues I suk then
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

The spreadsheet has been updated and now includes 91 pipe packs with a total of 4216 pipes!!!

Download!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

coal effort etc. thumbs up butt
seems like would be good project to make automatic updating and instead use some single file embedded html type of thing
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

It would be indeed. But I can pretty much only code in matlab and I have no idea how to implement automatic matlab updating in any html sort of thing. It's my lil dream to have this online and more interactive, but I just lack the skill/time. If anyone wanted to take it from here they'd be more than welcome to!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Updated the data in the spreadsheet.

Download

Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

request: download zip of all levels and elma levelpack thingy with all levels (i never use levelpacks feature so forgot how to make, it was some txt file or what?)
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Vermin Supreme wrote:request: download zip of all levels and elma levelpack thingy with all levels (i never use levelpacks feature so forgot how to make, it was some txt file or what?)
You have to put levpack name and key (and .txt output) into eolconfig. Top right corner iirc.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

There ya go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Pr5 ... DJCYkcxM3M

Also added link to first post. I think it's going to be okay for people to just download this zip and extract only those levels they want (I assume everyone can scroll). I'd have to spend a few hours making separate zip's for each levpack and I just don't think it's necessary. If anyone has a very good argument for doing that then please come forward =)
Vermin Supreme wrote:request: (...) elma levelpack thingy with all levels
I never used that feature and have no idea how to touch it so ;-(
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

thanks
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Another update is here, and the spreadsheet now includes 119 pipe packs with a total of 5004 pipes!!!

Download the latest spreadsheet! (3.6 MB)

Download a zip with all levels! (28.1 MB)

Until now I've still had some bits and pieces of pipes in various places, but as of now I've literally run out of packs, so I will only expand the spreadsheet if new packs are brought to my attention - please do this as I'm sure there are plenty I've missed!

I've separated apple battles and multi battles (only those impossible to finish), as well as broken levels (those with apples/flowers in ground) into separate "packs" so as not to spoil actual pack stats.

There's also a duplicate folder - these are all those that occurred with exactly the same name, but were both completely different valid levels (in some cases even both were battled). Copying these into your lev folder will obviously result in some "overwrite?" prompts, so please be cautious about this. I decided to include them separately so as not to lose/forget them forever, but you can ignore them at your leisure.

I've also added date stamps to both the spreadsheet and the pipe archive. This should help with bookkeeping : )

Cheers! :beer:
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

missing japti levels at least, can be downloaded from my site some of them
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

BZPxxx is in .zip and they are not pipes
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Already picked up by adi, but thanks! They'll be removed in the next update. (Same with Elvlp??)
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

I answer'ed your discord chat. :) Sik work this. I will look at it someday. :)
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

I'm late to the boat but for future reference, if want to download an individual pack, you could put link in excel file to url as such:

elmaonline.net/downloads/battles_lev_zip/-365675-365676-365677-365678-365679-365680-365681-365682-365683

using level ids
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Wooo, does this automatically zip and dl the levs? Can't try now.
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

Cool, thanks! :beer:
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Pack and spreadsheet updated! They now include 131 pipe packs with a total of 5327 pipes!

Download the latest spreadsheet! (3.8 MB)

Download a zip with all levels! (29.9 MB)

updates:
- moved aappie29 to broken levs
- removed BZP0xx (non-pipe)
- removed ELVLP (non-pipe)
- added VOU
- added PToolFF
- added TL packs: 0hjus, 0ilpipe, 0melet, 0ntelo, 0rava, 0rja, 0tsoni

Cheers! :beer:
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Oo finally! Haven't really played for weeks but now I went through all unfinished pipes and gathered them here:

http://kopasite.net/up/ahk4nczwquuek61/pipelist.txt

I guess broken pipes should be removed at some point. But dunno about impsy hard/impsy pipes...those are too hard for me to finish even with sl. I also collected "ez" unfinished pipes for myself. Actually some of them are also pretty impsy like penapies but at least finishable with saveload.
Team MiE
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

Here are a few more levels for the duplicate names folder, completely different versions than the ones currently in the pack.

CMcPP21.lev http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/369739 (current pack has http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/60689)
infpipe1.lev http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/369743 (current pack has http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/91371)
infpipe2.lev http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/369744 (current pack has http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/91370)
MLPpi015.lev http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/369808 (current pack has http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/32168)
MLPpi016.lev http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/369809 (current pack has http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/32169)
MLPpi018.lev http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/369810 (current pack has http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/32172)

I also scanned the pack for identical levels with different filenames, using Smibu's Level manager. I guess it doesn't make sense to remove levs at least from complete packs, but just for reference, these levels are identical:

0melet12 == 0melet13
0rava59 == 0rava60
0rava63 == 0rava99
0rava71 == 0rava72
0tsoni02 == 0tsoni03

CMcPP16 == eaPipe06
CMcPP17 == eaPipe07
CMcPP18 == eaPipe08
CMcPP19 == eaPipe09
CMcPP20 == eaPipe10

D0305L04 == PLP15

infpip10 == infpipeX
infpip37 == infpip38
infpip40 == infpip41 == infpip42

PC05 == XZpipe04
PLP14 == XZpipe01
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Pack and spreadsheet updated!

Download the latest spreadsheet! (3.8 MB)

Download a zip with all levels! (29.9 MB)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Pack and spreadsheet updated!

Download the latest spreadsheet! (4.0 MB)

Download a zip with all levels! (30.2 MB)

A bunch of broken levels were moved to the broken pack, some duplicates added, some moved, + 70 new battle pipes added.

np)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Spreadsheet updated!

Download the latest spreadsheet! (4.1 MB)

Pack (same zip as before):

Download a zip with all levels! (30.2 MB)

Sick job by RNC, who now has almost 4000 levs finished!
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Wow I was just searching for it today and it was updated today. What about non-levelpack pies? They are lost forever? :(
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I've got a few saved in a separate list, but not many. If I was to try and collect all non-pack pies, I'd be doing it until death do us part. Dunno, guess I could add a non-pack "pack" at some point and add some random levs to it, but is there demand for that?
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I would like to see this but I don't have Excel and Google Spreadsheets tells the file is too large. adi's link gives 404.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Google sheets can't handle it due to the number of cells, unfortunately (it's limit was 2mln the last time I checked). You can use open office apparently (Hosp said he used it), but dunno any other way to open/display it maintaining all the interactivity. Sorry :/

I might run an update this weekend tho =)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Only some 56 weekends later than originally intended, but I'm planning to make a big update of the pack/sheet sometime soon. No new features probably, just fuckloads of new levels and updated stats. So, here goes a

Call for pipe packs
(that are not included in the zip already)

If you made any pipe pack during the last year, or aware of any other that's missing, please let me know here or on Discord.
For your convenience, here's a list of the packs that are already included.

Thanks!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Finally, after nearly 2 years, the Pipe Stats pack has been updated. It now includes
185 pipe packs with a total of 6577 pipes!
(Up from 131/5397.)

Download the latest spreadsheet! (5.7 MB)

Download a zip with all levels! (36.1 MB)

updates:
- added a fuckton of new packs (most thanks to Mrrrr, who made a big effort digging them out (!), also some thanks to dani)
- added a fuckton of new levs to existing packs

Was planning to put up a txt with all the added levs, but honestly? orka.

There are probably some bugs here and there, pls let me know if you find any. This obviously includes broken levs, unfinishable levs, repeated levs, etc etc... It's very unlikely that I'll be bothered to deal with duplicates under different names and stuff like that, because I've already spent many hours sorting out the correct lev versions on elmaonline.net, and I'm not willing to spend a minute longer (probably locked some 2-3k incorrect versions while doing it). But if there are some bugs in the spreadsheet, then I'll fix them. Removing levs (if they're not pipes for example) is ez too, so always worth bringing up.

And ofc I'll probably get talked into updating this horror again in some time, so don't hesitate to yell when you see some pipe pack that isn't included here.

I also stayed by my decision to not include non-pack pipes (even tho I gathered quite a few by now), because maintaining that would be a monumental effort that I'm not willing to take up.

Hope at least somebody enjoys it!

And btw, the top5 finishers atm are:
1 - adi - 5501
2 - RNC - 4205
3 - skint - 3962
4 - JakeB - 2784
5 - pawq - 2337
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Pipe stats has been updated!

It now includes
185 pipe packs with a total of 6669 pipes!
(Up from 185/6577.)

Download the latest spreadsheet! (5.7 MB)

Download a zip with all levels! (36.2 MB)

changelog
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

Thanks pawq for the latest update :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
JakeB
Beginner kuski

Post by JakeB »

Thank you so much, pawq! You've provided 100s of hours of fun and distraction for me. Truly appreciated.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Wow, how have I had time for this... :D

It's fun to see that people actually enjoyed it :) A while ago I made a conscious effort to sink less time in Elma-related stuff so this got forgotten, but also with the active development of elma.online I don't think there's any point investing more time in such a rudimentary tool.

I'm not really up to date with elma.online functionality atm, but if it's not yet implemented, a "pipe" tag for levels and levpacks would probably be awesome. I could maybe then help to make sure that all of the pies collected for this are also marked correctly on elma.online :)

Here's to pipes! 🍻
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

pawq wrote: 20 May 2023, 00:10 Wow, how have I had time for this... :D

It's fun to see that people actually enjoyed it :) A while ago I made a conscious effort to sink less time in Elma-related stuff so this got forgotten, but also with the active development of elma.online I don't think there's any point investing more time in such a rudimentary tool.

I'm not really up to date with elma.online functionality atm, but if it's not yet implemented, a "pipe" tag for levels and levpacks would probably be awesome. I could maybe then help to make sure that all of the pies collected for this are also marked correctly on elma.online :)

Here's to pipes! 🍻
Best thing we have for this atm is levelpack collections https://elma.online/levels/collections/Pipes but can't add individual levels there. You could just make a levelpack for those extra levels though (a level can be in multiple packs) and add that pack there.