Team Cup Idea

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Team Cup Idea

Post by gimp »

I had an idea of what I believe could be a cool cup.

The idea is that you have some site where everyone registers in advance. At some specific date (or maybe some specific amount of registrations) everyone is randomly put on different teams. For example if you require 30 players before you start the cup, then 10 teams of 3 could be created, or 6 teams of 5..... Once the first level is done add up the players times to create a TT for that level and rank from there.

Problems
1. What if gimp is on my team? He sucks?
2. What if somebody on my team misses an event, or multiple events?

Solutions
1. Tough shit. Try to help them, it is a team cup after all.
2. I've thought about this, and I have a few ideas.
-If it is say a 5 person team, then you could very well only add the TT of the top 4 player's times for that event. This gives a little leeway to a real shit time or maybe someone just didn't submit. A penalty within reason of the level would have to be given for every lack of a submission not sent after that.
-A waiting list. I realize this could be a big lack of motivation if it keeps occurring that two players for example never submit, perhaps we could let somebody else take their place over a certain period of time. Almost like a wait list.
-Make it a cash tournament. This could be a way for a cash elma cup to actually happen. Newbies will be more likely to enter if they feel they have a chance of winning, maybe you will get Markku on your team! People will just be downright more motivated to win and submit if it'll pay next months wi-fi bill.

Just an idea. I am not tech savvy enough to create it but maybe somebody with the motivation would.
God Bless America
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Team Cup Idea

Post by roope »

Love the concept, but it's probably very hard to arrange successfully in practice. Also luck would probably have way too much of a factor; maybe put all the players in 3 different tiers and draft one player from each tier to one team? So every team would have one elite player, one oke-good, and one nab. This would maybe still hurt some feelings though :F
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I like the idea, but I Think you would have to have less than 5 players in each team. maybe 4 in each and top 3 results add into a TT? Let me know if you want some help arranging this Gimp, I don't have a lot of time these Days but together I Think we could scratch it together quite nicely :)
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

roope wrote:Love the concept, but it's probably very hard to arrange successfully in practice. Also luck would probably have way too much of a factor; maybe put all the players in 3 different tiers and draft one player from each tier to one team? So every team would have one elite player, one oke-good, and one nab. This would maybe still hurt some feelings though :F

Actually this is a good idea, once the players registered, a voting starts about players who did register so you can decide which players going to elite etc.

Like example there is registered players adi, lukazz and finman, you can select where they go (adi goes to top since very good cup player also finman, and lukazz goes to "oke-good").
Team SPEED

Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

roope wrote:This would maybe still hurt some feelings though :F
already happened :cry:
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Maybe there could be a preliminary round of two or more events where the top 32 (or whatever) players make it into the main competition, and then the teams are determined from those results.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

niN wrote:I like the idea, but I Think you would have to have less than 5 players in each team. maybe 4 in each and top 3 results add into a TT? Let me know if you want some help arranging this Gimp, I don't have a lot of time these Days but together I Think we could scratch it together quite nicely :)
PMed you.
God Bless America
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

i will probably do my best but i will participate for sure
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Lee wrote:Maybe there could be a preliminary round of two or more events where the top 32 (or whatever) players make it into the main competition, and then the teams are determined from those results.
This can make weird teams since top mans can make bad times by purpose or smth.
Team SPEED

gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Another problem I was thinking is team play spying on eol. I wonder if Kopaka would be able to allow the teams to have team spy capabilities.

I like the idea of a 'team leader'. The voting idea within the registered users seems practical.
God Bless America
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

gimp wrote:Another problem I was thinking is team play spying on eol. I wonder if Kopaka would be able to allow the teams to have team spy capabilities.
Already possible with "show to team" (eolconf or shift-f1). Simple and quick team switching for contests might be a problem, though.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?