Elmanager

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: Replay manager

Post by pawq »

That is really an amazing piece of job Smibu, thx :wink:
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Np Pawq :P
Good update: Head position & size fixed to exact - finally!!
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

Checked all my Pipe recs on this program just for curiosity and got - 32,806. Always thought that 32,7x is the limit with ordinary style, so this may be possible, i guess. Great program Smibu.

Edit: now it's 32,735.
Last edited by Tm on 8 Jul 2009, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Nice bunch of viruses from teh .NET Framework SP :E
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Good update now!

-Select many replays at once! Right-click the replaylist to select all/invert selection. You can delete/compare/rename with pattern the replays you selected.
-Rename selected replays with user-defined pattern! Example: Levelname+Nickname+Time (levelname always required). Very useful tool!
-Move/Copy selected replays to anywhere (copied/moved replays will be removed from the list)
-Fixed a small bug with replay comparison, sometimes it didn't show correct filename
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

simply awesome! can't wait trying it :D
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

NICE + NICE + NICE THINGS!! :o

Seriously, I like it awfully well.
:mrhat:
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Seems like really nice program, cant believe I havent read this thread before. This also is a great reason to start saving all fukked up recs and fast starts, fast finishes etc. Now can merge those and see what times you should (theoretically) be able to get, instant motivation.

If you let the user put own checkpoints it would be awesome, atm I cant merge all my headbanger-recs etc.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I just downloaded this for the first time. It's probably one of the best programs I've ever seen in elma history :D Very nice!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

Would be cool if this could somehow compare replays in levels that don't have apples, then generate replay from the best possible time. :wink:
TT: 43
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

It would be nice with a feature allowing users to disable certain apples in some recs. Like if you make a great start in one rec because you took first apple with frontwheel instead of backwheel (backwheel is the correct style in this case) then the comparison of recs is a bit messed up and you get a somewhat lower combined time. Solution would be to disable first apple in that frontwheel-rec.

Like I said yesterday it would be awesome if user could create own checkpoints by maybe choosing a couple of vertexes and adding some kind of tolerance/radius from those that stops the time when bike comes within that radius.

I'm not at all familiar with programming so I don't know how hard these features would be :roll:
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Thanks for good feedback guys :P

The checkpoint thing in levs without apples is not so easy to do... I should learn a couple of new things in VB to do that. Another possibility might be to inspect driver's turn times... but I guess this wouldn't be as accurate as appletimes because there can be many extra turns (like balancing the driver) in the replay. Rotation times are also stored in rec but it's pretty much same thing with them.

But atm I just try to kill all possible bugs & make some optimizations (especially replayplaying sucks a bit because it redraws all vertices again for each frame, making biglev-replays kinda slow to play).
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Smibu: is it hard to check if wheel touches ground? Could be easy to make them with it. ;)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Some comparisons:

Labyrinth Pro - 2.12.999 (merged only my 5 best recs since they all took the apples in the same way)

Fruit - 56.912 (merged 5 of top6 recs)

Curvaceous - 29.062 (should be fairly accurate, had to deselect 2 recs because of taking first apple with wrong wheel)

Enduro - 47.139 (merged only my 47-runs, can't see any problem here, taking the apples the same way etc)

WTH - 37.425 (quite unreliable I'd say :p only merged recs in my top10 (worst rec included is 38.20) but small differences prolly end up in major drop. Taking apples the same way, 4th apple with frontwheel and doubleapples with that twitchy motion and not during approach, 37 must still be very possible though)

Apple Harvest - 1.13.825 (only have 3 recs with this style but after a fast merge it seems I take apples the same way in all)
Last edited by John on 28 Apr 2009, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

wow john, that's something to be taken deadly serious!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

u do that
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I will!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

hah, amazing John 8O it also shows how low may the WR TT go.. 35:30 with all this stuff should come very soon, if you get down to work either John :wink: did you merge some headbanger recs?
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Unfortunately Headbanger doesn't have any apples so I can only compare recs from start to finish ;x

Also, like already been said, you have to take these compared recs with a pinch of salt. It's still quite interesting though.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

:oops: sorry, me nab. maybe add apples? xD
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Smibu.. are you going to make a lev manager? i have over 4k levs in Lev folder and some of them are spoiled cuz i cant open editor, sometimes other editors go crazy and so and so... it would be max if it could search for broken levs :(
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

that would be awesome, was going to ask but pawq asked first :)
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Probably yes, but that's not going to happen very soon - I want to finish Replay manager first. I must improve the layout and I also try to add a couple of new features. :)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

i found the spoiled lev. Its bjorn524x.lev from his pack, probably some of you have it. Its enough to shorten level name to 8 chars, for example to bjorn527.lev which is missing.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The compare function doesn't seem to work for me, I get some error message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you clikc ....."
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

It happens most likely because you don't have the newest .NET Framework (Mawane and zebra had same problem I guess). In next update, I can implement some simple error handler so you'll be advised to download it instead of getting some unhandled exception.

Here: .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package)
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Time for a big update!

---Small updates:---
-Copy-checkbox and the button moved to contextmenustrip (=CMS).
-"Take subdirectories in Lev folder into account"-->"Search also subdirectories in level folder"
-"Search also subdirectories in Rec folder"-->"Search also subdirectories in replay folder"
-Click total time to show it as 2 or 3 decimals. Checkbox removed. Label moved next to rename buttons.
-"Compare replays" -button moved to CMS.
-"Remove from list" -button moved to CMS.
-Play & Pause moved to same button, and "Stop" to old Pause button.
-"Switch to replay viewer/search options" -button moved out of Replay properties box.
-Replay and level folder paths are remembered in folderbrowserdialog when clicking it.
-"Erroneous replays" -box appears as a new window.
-Replay comparison appears as a new window.
-Removed "Calculate top speed" -checkbox because it's useless. Top speed is always calculated.
-Removed ability to scroll level in viewer with arrow buttons, because it didn't always work, and you can easily use now mouse for that.
-Message "Across levels are not supported" appears if you try to play replays that have Across level.
-...possibly some other small things that I forgot to put here.

---"Bigger" updates:---
-Compare replays also with groundtouches. This allows you to compare also replays that have no apples! This requires some manual setupping too, see below!
-Other events also included in the eventlist (left/right volt, supervolt, turn, groundtouch). There are checkboxes for each of those.
-Merge 2 singleplayer replays like in Elma to one file.
-Play many replays simultaneously. No limit. Level must be the same of course.
-Save times of selected replays to a textfile with 2 or 3 decimals. Total time is included in it.
-Calculate total time of selected replays automatically (with duplicate replay search too).
-Click in eventbox to go in that moment in replay viewer (if lev exists). Switch automatically to viewer if not already.
-Zoom in/out by clicking the level picture with mouse (left click=Zin, right click=Zout). The place you clicked will be the new center of the viewer. ZIn and ZOut buttons removed.
-"Advanced search options" -button with which you can search by number of left/right volts, turns, appletakes etc.
-Calculate trip for both players.
-"Lock viewer" -checkbox with which the replays on the playlist can stay there if you want to check another replay's properties. It must have the same level.
-Program tells after levelfilename if it doesn't exist or level version is wrong. When trying to play a replay with wrong level version, it will ask yes/no.

---Corrected bugs & other bad things:---
-Sometimes the program went back to search options for no reason.
-When pressing zoom in/out after pressing pause, it didn't zoom right area.
-When deleting/removing replay from list while watching it, an exception occurred. (Now you can't delete while watching.)
-Improved the frame-drawing routines A LOT. Levels with lots of vertices play now much faster than before.
-Improved replay comparison code.

And as always: Give the error log if some exception occurs. And if the program behaves strangely, tell me what you did/tried to do. I tested this quite a lot, though, so I hope there's nothing wrong with this. ;)

Btw: Picture not included in the first post this time, so download it and check out yourself :P

How to compare replays with groundtouches:

1. In replay comparison window, select "Groundtouches" as the comparison style. You see a new listbox appearing next to the other listbox.
2. Click some of the replays in "Replays in comparison" -listbox. After that, you see "touch 1", touch 2", etc... in the other listbox.
3. Now, you should go through all the touches and decide which of them should be the checkpoints when calculating the combined time. When you click some of the touches, the replay viewer goes to that moment, showing you the edge that the player is touching (or about to touch - the viewer may not be able to show it with exact precision).
4. Click on another replay in the other listbox. And this is important: You should search the same touches (=checkpoints) that you placed in previous replay. They quite often do NOT have the same number, no matter how similar the replays are.
5. Go through all replays like this. You can, of course, make changes to other replays if you like. But if you change comparison style to "Apples", you'll lose all the checkpoints you placed!
6. Press the button - I guess you know which one of them :)

Notes:
-Some replays CAN have less checkpoints than others. This is because you may have a replay with a perfect start, but then you have died.
-If you have a replay with a bad beginning, but its ending is really good, you still HAVE TO put the checkpoints at start as in other replays. Otherwise, the program interprets the whole thing incorrectly.
-Most often you want to place the last checkpoint in the flowertouch. (It is in the touchlist if the replay is finished.)
-All replays in comparison must have at least one checkpoint (you'll be warned if you forget this :))
-Use common sense while selecting the checkpoints. It depends very much on the level which touches you should mark as checkpoints. Replay viewer is reeeally useful in this.
-When you close Replay comparison window, all the checkpoints you have selected will be lost.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Contribution - Smibu
ez
SICK!!! THANKS YOU VERY MUCHEST!!
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

i dont get the trip... is it like the distance, how does it work?
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Well yeah, I'll put an example: If you move (=drive, fall, whatever) from place A to place B and then back to place A, and if the distance between A-B is x, you have moved 2x. The trip is always calculated according to the midpoint of the bike.

The diameter of wheel is 0.8, so you have some clue how long the trip is :)

Btw, found a small bug from replay viewer now. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it yet, but it'll be fixed in next update. I'm not really going to make any big new features in this program anymore, just possibly improve the current ones. Some sort of documentation is necessary too, I'll write it some day.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Updated now too, picture included in first post!

-Keep player visible after he dies/finishes.
-Checkbox for loop playing.
-Antialiasing feature! When enabled, the lines look smoother in replay viewer.
-Added trackbar component like in media players with which you can scroll the replay(s) easily!
-Fixed the bug I talked about.
-Improved replay finishing-detection code.
-Optimized replay playing a bit further.

Edit: lol at the first comment of this topic, always makes me laugh
EDIT2: There is a bug in the program...! I removed the zip from the first post temporarily. Be patient, I fix it as soon as possible!
EDIT3: Done, let's hope there's no bugs in this anymore :)
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

wow, great news! what left on the "todo" list?
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Nothing really - just some possible optimizations and documentation.

I tried to do so that the program would read internals from Elma.res, but it seems they're not in order in that file, and I didn't find any byte indicating the number of internal. For next update, I'll just include "Internals as externals" -levpack and I'll probably write the documentation too (.txt format).

EDIT: I noticed (or Markku did :)) that there is STILL some bug with duplicate replay search - it will be fixed in next update of course.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Ok I tested this version quite long now. Documentation is included in zip - I hope there's not bad grammar mistakes in there :)

Some small updates:
-Ability to resize Replay comparison window.
-Fixed the bug in duplicate replay search.
-Fixed Replay manager's initial size. It was too big.

I also included "Internals as externals" -pack in the first post.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

When pressing "Show Driver path" I have to repress some random place to see the path.. is this a bug or whut?
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Ok Xiph I think I fixed that now (but the path is not shown while you're playing a replay because it would slow it down quite a bit).

I also updated:

-File association - you can associate .rec files with Replay manager by choosing Open with... ---> Browse for ReplayManager.exe ---> always use this program! NOTE: Trying to open multiple replays won't do anything. And, RM must not be already running while opening a recfile.
-Improved saving times to textfile -feature, and fixed a bug in it - it showed wrong total time if it was more than 1 hour.
-Replay and level folder selection are now in contextmenu (open it by right-clicking anywhere in the program, except replay viewer and replay list)
-Ability to delete replays to Recycle bin or permanently (default is Recycle bin). Change this option in the same contextmenu.

I really recommend to download this update because of file association - it's very neat feature :) Btw, I couldn't be bothered to update documentation - will be done later.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

-Ability to reset settings (in contextmenu).
-Fill polygons -checkbox to see which is ground and sky!
-Added support for replays driven in Across levels.
-Search replays driven in Elma/Across levs.
-Better viewer resizing style: just grab the window border while you're in replay viewer mode!
-Show level coordinates at mouse position while moving above viewer.
-Sort replaylist by alphabet/date created/date modified!

Doc not updated yet.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

how about adding anti-cheat system? maybe ask mila to implant some programs in it, or make yourself :)
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Then people could figure if their cheats are detectable or not :) so it's a bad idea.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

not sure if this was added but how about adding Brake to the list of volts/alo/touch ground etc.
im pretty good at elma
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Not possible to add times for brake or gas.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

because they act continuously as they're held down?
im pretty good at elma
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

They're simply not saved in rec (as far as I know)... the list contains everything possible already.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

In theory gas should be detectable somehow because if you put sounds on you can hear it plays a sound every time you press gas button. This sound does NOT play just because it notices the wheels spinning. I know that the sounds are not stored in the recs.. somehow.. but the info for that "Play Throttle sound" must be somewhere
Last edited by Xiphias on 14 Jul 2009, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Xiph I tested the sound thing and that's true :o I also found the place where it is in rec, but I'm not 100% sure how to read it correctly. And the gasing time is not accurate, just approximate (which is enough for playing sound in the right place).

As for brake, I'm not sure if it's detectable at all. Sure I could check the motion of wheels but wheels can stop spinning even if brake wasn't pressed. And I'm sure there's no sound for braking.

EDIT: Ok it seems that brake doesn't override throttle, that is, if you press gas and brake at the same time, it will be saved in recfile as gas. I already found a rec in which this happens. This means I'm not going to add times for gas, and they would be just approximate even if I did.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

-Executable size reduced to 80 KB (it was about 130 KB)
-Removed "Remove from list" -button because it was simply useless

The code had nearly 200 errors with option strict on (I had it off at first). They're fixed now :)
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Triple post, but anyway...

-Shortcut keys for replaylist! Ctrl+X=Move, Ctrl+C=Copy, Ctrl+A=Select all, Ctrl+Z=Remove from list, Ctrl+S=Save times to textfile, Del=Delete selected replays. You can see these shortcut keys in the contextmenu too (except Del).
-Show bike/mouse coordinates (click the text to switch between them).
-Removed textbox for zoom to driver - now you can zoom in/out while playing too!
-Fixed a couple of bugs.

Yea I added the Remove from list -button back because it was asked.
Thunder
39mins club

Post by Thunder »

Smibu is it possible to get the speed on different part of a level??? instead of just max speed???
TT: 39:59:70

6 World class 17 Professionals 30Good 0 Ok
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Yes but the speed thing is pretty inaccurate anyway, I was gonna remove it at one point, but then left it there. Don't rely on it 100%.

RM just loops through all frames and finds out which 2 have the biggest distance between each other (looking at bike's midpoint). Then it multiplies that distance by a constant and rounds the result.

But it's easy to do, so it'll be in next version then :) (and also other small improvements).
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

This program doesn't work properly for me; I can't see the buttons from where to choose the replay and level directories. I have Windows XP SP3 and also Microsoft .NET Framework SP1, so that can't be the problem. Screenshot.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ