Elmanager

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

danitah
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 19th August 2014

Post by danitah »

Ok so after change some settings it happened again, I'm not sure what caused it though. I hope this video has all you need: http://youtu.be/k_P6mn82wqc
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Thanks for that video, I got the bug now too. It seems to happen when "Follow driver" is unchecked and "Multi spy" is checked and multiple players are selected.

I'll fix this one in the next update.
For example, this happened when I was making Sanpo002.lev: I saved the level with the correct title "Sanpo002 - Fuefuki no Shonen", then later I wanted to create some backups in case I mess something up, so I save something like snpo02b.lev, and the title got changed to "snpo02b", then when I saved it as Sanpo002.lev again, I forgot to check the title before publishing and it got published with the title "Sanpo002". This wouldn't be a problem if SLE only set the title the first time you save, I.E. only when Title = New Level or something.
Oh ye, I got it now, I'll try to fix this too in the next update.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Sounds great!
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Found bug:
Replay time displays as 0,001 more which results in 0,01 more total.
Example:
Time in state is .55
- Elmatim0r is correct and shows .559
- Elmanager shows .560

Can't, or would rather not share replay to fix the issue at this time since it's unpublic, I can show picture of difference if really needed.

Found "bug":
Topic name: "Updated 19th August 2014"

Is there some way to capture all pictures from replay viewer mass merge for making a video? Or do I have to do this manually using frame advance and stuf.

Really like the rec manager, well job :)

Thanks in advance osv.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

ye, smibu made it round up instead of cutting decimals off so that
like 14.0009999999999 is up to 14.001 instead, asked to fix this long time ago but he didnt want to :/

and no, cant make video from it sadly, u would have to save snapshot at every frame if u really want to, but would be easier to use screen/window recording software instead (I use OBS), EM is pretty light and doesn't cause much lag (at least for me)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Yeah, I don't remember why exactly I didn't fix it when Mawane said about it.

But, since two people have noted it already, maybe I will try to cut the decimals instead of rounding.

And thanks bene for the website bug; I forgot to update it... it doesn't get updated automatically although it'd be nice if it did.

As Mawane said, capturing all frames from replay viewer isn't possible at the moment. But, since it would probably be useful and it would be easy to make, I'll consider making it for the next version.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Here picture for no reason.
http://kopasite.net/up/y7gr4hmn6ipj5j4/ ... erfail.png

Would be nice to not have to capture manually, I was checking possibility of making mass merge video, like top 100 in int44 or something.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

I WANT TO SEE THAT REC!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

bene wrote:Would be nice to not have to capture manually, I was checking possibility of making mass merge video, like top 100 in int44 or something.
and would be awesome if it could export a replay coordinates table :D
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Some bugs/issues:
- If you cut grass poly it turns into two normal polys. (Least important one)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG4D20_N2I Here I shift click to move grass, but sometimes it lines up with the long line. Can easily get it a little wrong, especially since the line is not visible. (Also not super important I guess :P)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_TEe6Xavk Using space works differently when you use vertex tool and click a vertex, as opposed to on the line between two vertexes. (Again not important, just annoying sometimes.) Also works wrong if you use vertex tool and make a new polygon.
- I guess people have asked before, but could you make a rectangle tool?
- (edit:) You can ctrl+click on a polygon to add it to selection, but you can't ctrl+click to remove it.

Very minor stuff I guess, fix whatever you want :P
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

not important "bug" or issue
when pressing delete key while writing title of level it will delete selected stuff on the level also, not good behaviour but not terrible :)
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I just noticed that there is no way to see width/height of lev? Would be very nice to have, maybe on bottom of editor at all times.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

the previous thing i said doesnt matter, found that delete doesn't work for the title anyway.
Only 2 things that i dont know if are fixable by settings or possible.
First one is that after making some changes andd pressing save, i do ctrl+z and go back to a previous version but cant click the save boton anymore, gotta make some other change to be able to save (does not matter).
Second is that i cant figure out how to select many pictures/textures and change the properties of them all at the same time, is that possible?

Second one would be more important for me. I will almost only use this editor if that is possible.

Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

danielj wrote:I just noticed that there is no way to see width/height of lev? Would be very nice to have, maybe on bottom of editor at all times.
grid has real scale, 188 included or more makes lev too big. but ye could add in level properties as well :)
Pab wrote:the previous thing i said doesnt matter, found that delete doesn't work for the title anyway.
ye I wish it would too :(
Pab wrote:First one is that after making some changes andd pressing save, i do ctrl+z and go back to a previous version but cant click the save boton anymore, gotta make some other change to be able to save (does not matter).
oh ye right, kinda wanted refresh button too so that when i swap internal editor for testing and SLE, it would update it, or simply message box to make me notice external changes have been made
Pab wrote:Second is that i cant figure out how to select many pictures/textures and change the properties of them all at the same time, is that possible?
ah ye i wish too, only way i do it is copying atm but would be very nice, with picture tiles and replace to... features :D

EDIT: replay viewer size doesnt stay the size for example if i want 1511x850, i have to write 1511x852 :( would like 1920x1080 snapshots but cant fullscreen not set viewer size bigger than monitor.
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 9th November 2014

Post by Smibu »

danielj wrote:- If you cut grass poly it turns into two normal polys. (Least important one)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_TEe6Xavk Using space works differently when you use vertex tool and click a vertex, as opposed to on the line between two vertexes. (Again not important, just annoying sometimes.) Also works wrong if you use vertex tool and make a new polygon.
- (edit:) You can ctrl+click on a polygon to add it to selection, but you can't ctrl+click to remove it.
Fixed those. The vertex tool behaviour is actually by design, but I agree that it was too confusing. Now you can only click edges in vertex tool. It became a lot simpler.
danielj wrote:- I guess people have asked before, but could you make a rectangle tool?
It would be easy to add, so it might come in next version. Pipe tool can be too cumbersome for this.
danielj wrote: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG4D20_N2I Here I shift click to move grass, but sometimes it lines up with the long line. Can easily get it a little wrong, especially since the line is not visible. (Also not super important I guess :P)
Didn't fix this one, at least not yet, because yeah, it's not a very serious one :)
Pab wrote:when pressing delete key while writing title of level it will delete selected stuff on the level also, not good behaviour but not terrible :)
Fixed.
danielj wrote:I just noticed that there is no way to see width/height of lev? Would be very nice to have, maybe on bottom of editor at all times.
You can now see those in F4 dialog, along with other properties.
Pab wrote:First one is that after making some changes andd pressing save, i do ctrl+z and go back to a previous version but cant click the save boton anymore, gotta make some other change to be able to save (does not matter).
Second is that i cant figure out how to select many pictures/textures and change the properties of them all at the same time, is that possible?
Fixed the first, added the second.
Mawane wrote:replay viewer size doesnt stay the size for example if i want 1511x850, i have to write 1511x852 :( would like 1920x1080 snapshots but cant fullscreen not set viewer size bigger than monitor.
Should be fixed. In Windows it's not possible (I guess?) to make a window larger than screen. I might investigate this more some day.
danielj wrote:Ok so after change some settings it happened again, I'm not sure what caused it though. I hope this video has all you need: http://youtu.be/k_P6mn82wqc
Didn't fix this one yet because I'm not sure how. Basically when you have zoom textures disabled, and if the zoom and view position changes during replaying (like it does in multispy mode), it's impossible (maybe?) to make the ground look "nice". Maybe the fix should be to force texture zooming.

Full list of changes:
-SLE: Properties can be changed for multiple pictures at once.
-SLE: Added "Convert to" -function in context menu.
-SLE: Levels with corrupted top 10 list can be opened.
-SLE: Simplified vertex tool - only edges can be clicked when adding vertices to existing polygons.
-SLE: Level width and height are displayed in level properties window.
-SLE: Polygons can be de-selected by Ctrl+clicking an edge.
-SLE: Change level title to filename only when saving for the first time.
-SLE: Bugfix: Delete key was not working for text boxes.
-SLE: Bugfix: Level could not be saved after undo or redo.
-SLE: Bugfix: Polygon grassness is preserved when cutting.
-SLE: Bugfix: Apples were drawn incorrectly in Pipe tool if LGR was not loaded.
-Replay viewer: Bugfix: The viewer size was set slightly wrong when using text boxes.
-RM: Finished times are truncated to 3 decimal places.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

-SLE: Change level title to filename only when saving for the first time.
I dont like this change :( because i remix, decide to change lev filename often and prefer to keep filename in title :/
-SLE: Properties can be changed for multiple pictures at once.
-SLE: Added "Convert to" -function in context menu.
absolutely fantastic!

and can you tick an option to hide useless edge in grass polys? i dont always use grass as grass and its confusing. also when shortening an edge with shift click it often interferes with the invisible edge

EDIT: EM didnt ask me to update since i had debug version i guess?
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Just tested new version a bit, I really like the fixes and improvements :) SLE is the best editor and it just keeps getting better!
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Glad you like it :)

I forgot to tell that Elmanager's code is visible at GitLab. (Btw, Elma 2 is in GitLab too; it's just not public.)

Here is the issue list:

https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/issues

I gathered a few bugs and feature requests there, based on this topic. Don't know why I forgot the topology check bug; it'll be fixed for next version.

If possible, post any new bug reports and feature requests directly to GitLab. You probably need to register for that. But this topic is OK too.
Mawane wrote:EM didnt ask me to update since i had debug version i guess?
Yep, update check is disabled in debug version.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

great Smibu !!!!!! the properties for pics rly helps!!

bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

I tried SLE for first time today using new download from website 9th November version osv.
I made super awesome selection using rectangle selection tool but sadly missed vertex and tried to add it to selection by holding shift and dragging mouse again.

SLE said crashboom and unwork.

http://kopasite.net/up/254xf85akk4lbal/ ... rfail2.png

How to add to selection without crash?
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

I am also fighting a little with some undo transform bug.

Select polygon.
Select transform from right click menu.
Do some transform.
Undo (While still transform grid around poly osv) doesn't work.
Select vertex tool undo now works, however the Select tool is selected in the gui.
Clicking inside the level and now using Vertex tool while Select tool is selected.

More similar weird things happen to me when switching tools when transform grid shown osv.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

[nevermind, I think I figured it out]
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 13th November 2014

Post by Smibu »

bene wrote:I made super awesome selection using rectangle selection tool but sadly missed vertex and tried to add it to selection by holding shift and dragging mouse again.

SLE said crashboom and unwork.

Select vertex tool undo now works, however the Select tool is selected in the gui.
Clicking inside the level and now using Vertex tool while Select tool is selected.

More similar weird things happen to me when switching tools when transform grid shown osv.
These should be fixed now, thanks. Fixed also the topology check bug.
bene wrote:Undo (While still transform grid around poly osv) doesn't work.
The actions while transforming are not registered to undo list. Fixing this would need some work. I add this as an issue anyway. If you want to cancel/undo the transformation, quit transforming and then click Undo. Perhaps the Undo button could imitate this action in this case.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Convert to -> option for selected stuff was always there? I was using ALE like nab for that.

I find hard or impsy to Mirror a polygon with the Transform option. Is there a way to mirror a poly?

Last moment discovery!>D
I just found the Mirror Level option, that would solve my problem actually!!! Can apply it to a particular poly?
Still Transform option acts weird when holding it Transform Rectangle from a side and trying to tighten it a lot or to drag the mouse to the other side of the Transform Rectangle's center line, so the result is always a rotation and a transformation of the sizes. But maybe that is the intended way of working !!! duno

Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Pab wrote:I find hard or impsy to Mirror a polygon with the Transform option. Is there a way to mirror a poly?
I just found the Mirror Level option, that would solve my problem actually!!! Can apply it to a particular poly?
Not yet, but for the next update I can change the "mirror level" option to "mirror selection" so you can control it better.
Pab wrote:Still Transform option acts weird when holding it Transform Rectangle from a side and trying to tighten it a lot or to drag the mouse to the other side of the Transform Rectangle's center line, so the result is always a rotation and a transformation of the sizes. But maybe that is the intended way of working !!! duno
Yeah it's intended, but the tool could be better because it's not possible to mirror polygons with it.
Pab wrote:Convert to -> option for selected stuff was always there?
Nope, it was just recently added.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

bene suggested that vertex/edge should be highlighted when using cut/connect and i personally think we shouldnt have to swap between both, just make it working for both at the same time. also he complained about instruction to how to use it being confusing "select first vertex of the cutting edge". ye makes sense after u understand that its talking about the edge to cut connect and not the polygon's vertex you are trying to cut
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Hi mawane and smibu osv.

What I meant is this basically:
http://kopasite.net/up/36chzrq5yw36649/ ... %20new.png

NEW!works this way that you select edge and/or vertex and makes merge based on this. So coming from new and trying to select vertices and having it work sometimes(because i was slightly outside the vertex) was confusing.
Especially since the tool in SLE says select vertex.

My idea is that the functionality that NEW! offers could be added to SLE on top of the current functionality. basically osv obv ofc.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

i disagree to totally connect the whole edge, i need to keep the angle of the edge, afterwards i make it longer/shorter if needed
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

But the change I proposed would not affect the way you use the tool afaik. I want a different functionality when you click exactly on two edges and/or vertices.
You click in the middle of the polygons to make a small connection, I click on the vertex/edge to merge them.
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 9th December 2014

Post by Smibu »

Ok, I will see if it's easy to combine cut/connect tools and cut using vertex. Combining is probably easier.

Changes for this update:
-SLE: Vertex tool can now create rectangles (left Shift).
-SLE: Changed "mirror level" to "mirror selection".

I also added links to Elmanager-related videos to the homepage.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Thanks, Smibu! Two very nice additions :)
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

yup, much appreciated!
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 25th December 2014

Post by Smibu »

Quite a few people have wished for a text tool. It turned out to be easy to add, so I made it :)

Features:
- You can use any system font for the text.
- Multiple lines are supported.
- Font styles are supported (bold, italic).
- Underline and strikeout effects are supported.
- Line height can be adjusted.
- Text smoothness can be adjusted.

You can type any characters that the font supports.

Example screenshot here.

Two small tips:
- Press 'T' to activate the text tool. All the other tools have a character shortcut too; you can see those underlined after pressing Alt.
- Ctrl+Enter is the shortcut for OK button when typing text in the dialog. It couldn't be just Enter because that creates a new line.

Two known bugs:
- Some uncommon font styles are not shown like they should (for example "Narrow Bold").
- The built-in font dialog supports only TrueType fonts, so if you have installed e.g. OpenType fonts in Windows, there will be an exception if you try to change the font.

Another improvement in this version: Cut/connect tool now detects automatically whether to cut or connect.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Awesome! Thanks DJ Claus, wonderful present!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

[delete me pls]
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

I don't understand this gitlab site so i request here,
could you frame outside polygon on the outside and inside polygons in the inside, so it doesnt affect gameplay after framing
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Yeah it would be nice to be able to choose between 3 ways of framing: frame inwards, frame outwards, normal (like it is now)
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 20th April 2015

Post by Smibu »

Changes:

* SLE: Added support for apple animation numbers. (1)
* SLE: Gravity apple arrows can be shown.
* SLE: Invisible elements are filtered automatically.
* SLE: Frame tool: Frame can now be placed inside or outside the selected polygon.
* SLE: Vertex size can be adjusted. (2)
* SLE: Vertices are shown only when the corresponding polygon is visible.
* SLE: Show LGR warning message in the toolbar instead of a message box.
* SLE: Level LGR is loaded automatically if possible. (3)
* SLE: Autograss thickness can be changed interactively.
* SLE: Picture tool is always enabled and informs user to select LGR if needed.
* SLE: Improved layout of some text labels.
* SLE: Bugfix: An exception could occur with the picture tool if the LGR had no pictures.
* SLE: Bugfix: Picture/texture count was wrong in level properties window.
* SLE: Bugfix: LGR images were not always loaded correctly. (4)
* SLE: Bugfix: Object tool could crash if LGR was not loaded.
* SLE: Bugfix: Vertex color setting was not working.
* Added dependencies as NuGet packages.
* More robust update checking. Enabled update checking for debug builds, too.

Animation numbers work so that you just press a number (1-9) when placing apple or when you have selected apple(s). The animation number is shown in the status bar (with Select tool).

Default vertex size is 0.02 (it may show up as 0 initially after upgrading to latest version).

Library dependencies have been added as NuGet packages so now it should be easier for others to build Elmanager from source.

From time to time, I search EOL chat for SLE/Elmanager because I've noticed people don't always post complaints/bug reports here. At least the items 1-4 were like that.

I also noticed some vague complaints in EOL chat log about SLE by some people (at least Jappe2). Consider posting here some specific suggestions so I can possibly make some improvements. :)
could you frame outside polygon on the outside and inside polygons in the inside, so it doesnt affect gameplay after framing
Done, see the 4th bullet :) but at least for now you need to make the choice yourself; it is not automatic.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

YUS! :DDD
I must be the dog cuz i beta tested it before official release :P
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Absolutely awesome!
I've already shifted to mainly using SLE, and these changes seal the deal.
Apple animations, gravity arrows, vertex size and autograss thickness are the things I really needed. How can I change the autograss thickness though? Tried all things I could think of and didn't find how.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I've got a green frame around the whole program and around dialog boxes in the new version, is this intended? Also, I don't understand what 'vertex size' does?

Edit: Found out what vertex size is. I would prefer to have circles for vertex marks though, not sure if I have said it before. It just looks more clean and it's easier to see more accurately where the vertices are.

Edit again: Found out it was my antivirus program who had sandboxed elmanager and added the green frames. So I couldn't save the lev I had made :( Norm spended 30mins to try to un-sandbox it to save 5 mins of work before giving up
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

roope wrote:Absolutely awesome!
I've already shifted to mainly using SLE, and these changes seal the deal.
Apple animations, gravity arrows, vertex size and autograss thickness are the things I really needed. How can I change the autograss thickness though? Tried all things I could think of and didn't find how.
Nice :) you should be able to change thickness (with +/-) after selecting the polygon in autograss tool. Just like with frame tool, for example.

For QuickGrass the thickness will be the same as the previously used thickness in autograss tool.
danielj wrote:I would prefer to have circles for vertex marks though, not sure if I have said it before. It just looks more clean and it's easier to see more accurately where the vertices are.
I knew someone would suggest this :) and it's reasonable of course; I can make it an option. The reason for triangles is performance; it is much slower to render circles than triangles. In big levels this can make a noticeable difference.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Some random things I notice

* Numpad +/- still doesn't work dunno if I said earlier but I find it annoying.
* Shapes, see no reason why there is Ellipse and not Rect/Triangle/Custom shape/osv.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

rectangle: shift+click with vertex tool
triangle: ellipse with 3 edges and hold down ctrl
custom shape: use vertex tool?
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Amazing, the more you know!

Custom shape just random idea if you want to make something, doing vertex tool and copying that and transforming might be annoying if you make a level with a certain shape often dunno how useful it would be.
Edit: Another example is stuff like cheface or hammer that is recurring often in Zero/Skype levels. He imports a level for that every time to add it while he could have a custom shape for it for exampl.
Last edited by bene on 21 Apr 2015, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Ye numpad +/- would be very nice.

danielj: I think bene means like adding and storing your own custom shapes so could easily add them in levs. Ofc can import them but mebe would be nicer to have a tool for it.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I would just make sub-folder in lev folder named 'templates' or whatever, and save shapes there, then use import feature. Of course it might be nice to have that built-in, but it's not too hard to do it like that. On that note, I wonder if it's possible to make and save levs without flower in them? That would be very nice for stuff like this. I would also like it if you could define a 'base' lev that is there by default when you make a new lev.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

But that is my point. Instead of having extra steps and hack solutions like levels without flower is would be nice to get this.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Yeah, it would probably be a nice feature. I would still want non flower lev even if that feature is made though =)