Internal Levmaking Contest

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Schumi
39mins club

Internal Levmaking Contest

Post by Schumi »

today an idea came across my mind. a special levmaking contest

- through 54 weeks (1 year+) you can remix or create a lev according to internal levels (week 1 - Warm Up, week 2 - Flat Track, etc)
- you can use the original QWQUU0xx lev or create a completely new one
- the structure of the lev may look like the original Balazs levels
- at weekends each level would be battled, and 1 would choosed to be the best level by the community
- 54 internal-like level in the end

discuss :)
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
insane guy
Kuski

Re: Internal Levmaking Contest

Post by insane guy »

GOOD idea. But will be hard to keep people going every week. At first there will be many levs but after a few weeks/months maybe only 1 or 2 levs every week. Of course depends on the internal.
I'll try to make some levs for sure.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I would be way more interested in making levels in internal style but without any homages to the original levels at all. Like, make something that doesn't directily rip off any ideas but still totally feels like it could have been a part of the internals. I think that would result in something much more interesting than yet another bunch of remixes.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

kuchitsu wrote:I would be way more interested in making levels in internal style but without any homages to the original levels at all. Like, make something that doesn't directily rip off any ideas but still totally feels like it could have been a part of the internals. I think that would result in something much more interesting than yet another bunch of remixes.
+1 :beer:
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

kuchitsu wrote:I would be way more interested in making levels in internal style but without any homages to the original levels at all. Like, make something that doesn't directily rip off any ideas but still totally feels like it could have been a part of the internals. I think that would result in something much more interesting than yet another bunch of remixes.
I think only the person who has ever achieved that is BarTek with his Lost pack :p
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

We did this once, granted that's 12 years ago now. Had 1 internal a month, but it stopped after seven months. You can see the levels here http://kopasite.net/records/pack/ILDC/
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

well we could rise the number of levels to 3 (or 4) / week, which reduces the time to 1/4 year which is not that long imho

unfortunately i dont have that much time to make all this happen, so if anyone could pick this project up, it would be deeply appreciated
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Interesting idea and I'd be up for it, but hard to make successful in practice. I think there should be a big variety of levmakers, which would mean a lot of people would need to get excited about this. I think there are some quality designers that would be interested in this (Zero, Danielj, insguy. umiz? ramone?) and their levs are maybe more likely to get in the pack, but I'd love to see some lesser-known designers to pick it up too.

Kuchi's idea is good, but I think it would be harder to execute. It's really hard to make an internal-feeling level without any inspiration from a certain internal level. I think it does have more potential than normal internal-inspired levs and mixes, but would need to get a lot of mans involved. High risk - high reward.

All in all, I think this would really need to get a lot of hype to truly be successful. :)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Zero wrote:I think only the person who has ever achieved that is BarTek with his Lost pack :p
If you mean Lost Internals then that's not what I'm talking about, as all these levels are clearly remakes/reimaginations. As I said, I want to see non-homage levs that still feel like internals. Of course that's quite difficult and very subjective.
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

It would be interesting to try, maybe get one place in the pack. 1 chance to be famous :mrgreen:
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I will most likely participate. When start?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?