NEW! yet another elastomania application

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

totem
39mins club

Re: NEW! yet another elastomania application

Post by totem »

Hi

Released ! give it a try if you're interested.
I strongly encourage anyone using this program to update to the last version, which includes many bug fixes and improvements. Of course as any program it cannot be perfect, so i'd be glad to hear your feedback on bugs or weird behaviours, either here on lauta or using the google code issue tracking system.

So, this version comes with the NEW! Generator System, some default blocks and 3 example algorithms (btw I advise you to take a look at examples if you want to know how it works).
To build your own algorithms, you should be aware of :
  • some EcmaScript, as supported in Qt implementation ;
  • obviously you MUST have basic coding skills ;
  • some useful Qt classes, like QPointF, QRectF and QPolygonF, respectively a point, a rectangle and a polygon (the *F means those classes deal with floating point values). They can be used as base objects to draw levels ;
I did not update online help, so it won't help to use the generator.
Don't hesitate to ask me anything i thought obvious and which is not.

thanks, have a nice day

NB : I'd like to centralize your blocks and algorithms in this thread (in first post), but it seems I can't upload *.new and *.bbl files, maybe moporators could do something about this ?
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Great! I will be testing right away!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

totem wrote:it seems I can't upload *.new and *.bbl files, maybe moporators could do something about this?
why not pack them all into .zip/.rar?
Through the externals to the skill.
Through the skill to the internals.
Through the internals to the divinity.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Ves wrote:
totem wrote:it seems I can't upload *.new and *.bbl files, maybe moporators could do something about this?
why not pack them all into .zip/.rar?
to be able to list them individually, and maybe maintain a list of blocks and a list of algorithms whith author and version, see what I mean ? I don't really want to pack file individually
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

obviously not enough praise words to describe the awesomeness of both the app and the source code :D i will try something with the generator, lets see who wins, the brick wall or my hard headik)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

totem wrote:NB : I'd like to centralize your blocks and algorithms in this thread (in first post), but it seems I can't upload *.new and *.bbl files, maybe moporators could do something about this ?
Only admins are able to change which extensions are accepted, so maybe SveinR can do teh.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

ok i pmed SveinR, we'll see

I updated first post to give basic clues on how to use the generator.
Don't hesitate to pm me if you think i missed something important
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Pretty annoying it creates those myblocks and MyAlgorithms folders in any folder where you open a rec file, should be enough to have those one place.
Also found some sort of bug, I opened a corrupt rec file which as it should gave error (in this case "lev file nat found" ect.) but now I get that error everytime I open a rec file (it will still play the rec though, just annoying to get that pop up).
Orcc wrote:
totem wrote:NB : I'd like to centralize your blocks and algorithms in this thread (in first post), but it seems I can't upload *.new and *.bbl files, maybe moporators could do something about this ?
Only admins are able to change which extensions are accepted, so maybe SveinR can do teh.
I think there's some limit of five attachment for each post, so might not be that useful anyway if you wanna use it for a lot of files.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Kopaka wrote:Pretty annoying it creates those myblocks and MyAlgorithms folders in any folder where you open a rec file, should be enough to have those one place.
did'nt know that, i'll take a look. At least it's not the expected behaviour
edit : ey wtf you're right i'll patch this asap
edit2 : I see, in settings.ini file, paths to those locations are stored as relative paths :

Code: Select all

blockDirectory=.\\MyBlocks
algorithmDirectory=.\\MyAlgorithms
So if you want to avoid this behaviour (for now), you have to edit settings.ini and change the paths to be absolute paths. Sorry for inconvenience. Don't forget to use foreslashes between dir names, or escape any backslash you use
Kopaka wrote:Also found some sort of bug, I opened a corrupt rec file which as it should gave error (in this case "lev file nat found" ect.) but now I get that error everytime I open a rec file (it will still play the rec though, just annoying to get that pop up).
Did you close all files (documents) before closing the app ? If not, please try this and tell me if it's still here. I ask this because when you quit the app, it save all open documents and re-open it on next startup; so corrupted rec is loaded on each startup and triggers this warning. Also, if you don't want that message anymore you can turn it off in application settings (Options > Application Settings > "Warn when replay.." etc).
Kopaka wrote:I think there's some limit of five attachment for each post, so might not be that useful anyway if you wanna use it for a lot of files.
if you're right, we should find another way
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

totem wrote:
Kopaka wrote:Also found some sort of bug, I opened a corrupt rec file which as it should gave error (in this case "lev file nat found" ect.) but now I get that error everytime I open a rec file (it will still play the rec though, just annoying to get that pop up).
Did you close all files (documents) before closing the app ? If not, please try this and tell me if it's still here. I ask this because when you quit the app, it save all open documents and re-open it on next startup; so corrupted rec is loaded on each startup and triggers this warning.
Yep that helped it, didn't realise it still did that cus there isn't those tabs anymore :)
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Kopaka wrote:Yep that helped it, didn't realise it still did that cus there isn't those tabs anymore :)
In fact, in the [Window] menu you can toggle between tabbed or windowed view :wink:
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Alright, to fix this library path problem, you can either
  • Change corresponding paths in settings.ini to be absolute file paths
  • Or, download 1.5.x installer which fixes this problem as well
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I have three questions
1. Is there any way to make it start maximised?
2. Is there any way to bring back the "New" large Icon next to "Save" and "Save as" icons? Sadly it disappeared in this version :(
3. Is there any way to show a bar with all the open levels? I can find them only in "Window" tab in the menu

If the answer to any of those questions is "no", please add it to the wish list :)

Also creating a pipe kills the programme (I can choose the option, but first click at the level stops NEW!)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

About 3, check two posts op, toggle between tabbed and window mode in "window" menu.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Oh great, it also starts maximised now! Fantastic, thanks Kopa! :)
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Pawq wrote:2. Is there any way to bring back the "New" large Icon next to "Save" and "Save as" icons? Sadly it disappeared in this version :(

Also creating a pipe kills the programme (I can choose the option, but first click at the level stops NEW!)
done, thanks for bug report
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

Thanks for all your work totem. Great program :beer:

I found a bug though.
When using the split/connect polygons button everything grays out, like this:

See? Everything turns gray and I see only the lines. :?
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Yes for me too, it disappears when saving lev.
Fucking broken image every month
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

yep
also error marks don't disappear after the errors are fixed, saving level or checking for errors again saves that too.
and about that everything turning grey - actually it happens quite often on various occasions :/
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

thanks for your feedback guys
Mrrrr wrote: I found a bug though.
When using the split/connect polygons button everything grays out
Polygons are in this state until they are checked. The fact they are not checked after polygon splitting is an actual bug/issue.
To check the entire level, click on the blue shield (check level errors)
Polygons are also checked before the level is saved, this is why this bug disappears when you save the lev.
Pawq wrote:also error marks don't disappear after the errors are fixed, saving level or checking for errors again saves that too.
and about that everything turning grey - actually it happens quite often on various occasions :/
did you switch off real-time error checking ?

Anyway, i'll fix all of this soon, thanks again
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

When adding vertices and changing the direction with space, it doesn't change instantly. Need to right-click and click again and the direction is changed. Is it supposed to be like that? Sorry, horrible explanation skills here. Hope you understand.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Pawq wrote:about that everything turning grey - actually it happens quite often on various occasions :/
Would you bother identify some of these situations, so it's easier for me to fix it ?
Lousku wrote:When adding vertices and changing the direction with space, it doesn't change instantly. Need to right-click and click again and the direction is changed. Is it supposed to be like that? Sorry, horrible explanation skills here. Hope you understand.
sorry Lousku I could not reproduce this behaviour, hitting [space] does change direction instantly for me (WinXP, NEW! 1.5.4)
Maybe other people encounter the same issue ? please tell me if so
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Hitting space changes the direction of the arrows and refreshes the light/grey areas but doesn't actually change the direction until I right-click and click again. Win7 here.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

ok, these bugs are fixed
thanks to Lousku the reverse-insertion-order functionnality is more like in internal editor
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

I managed to crash NEW! by doing this:

1. Have two vertices you want to connect using "Split/Connect"-tool.
2. Select one vertex using the tool.
3. Now select the tool "Select vertices(V)"
4. Select and Delete the unconnected vertex created by the Split/Connect-tool.
5. Profit! (or crash rather...)

I have 1.5.4 so don't bother if you already adressed this bug.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Hmm. levels i generate with New! seem to give internal error. Totem knows what exactly can give internal error so i can try find fix?
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Haruhi wrote:Hmm. levels i generate with New! seem to give internal error. Totem knows what exactly can give internal error so i can try find fix?
Open the lev in the original editor in elma to see what error it might be. Usually when it's ok in NEW! but gives internal error it's either edges crossing that wasn't detected or the lev height/width is too large.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

trew wrote:I managed to crash NEW! by doing this:

Nice one ! This is not fixed. Btw you can reproduce the same crash with uphill tool.
Also, if you quit a tool like "create pipes" the same way, the app is in a special state which does not allow error checking until you finish the pipe.
You found something very interesting here trew, thank you very much.
Haruhi wrote:Hmm. levels i generate with New! seem to give internal error. Totem knows what exactly can give internal error so i can try find fix?
Hi Haruhi, as you can see here (from line #496) i did not implement all security checks yet. If people reading this can help me complete the check-list it would be greatly appreciated.
What level do you generate ? Did you code something new or did you use the algorithms shipped with the app ?
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

totem wrote:
trew wrote:I managed to crash NEW! by doing this:

Nice one ! This is not fixed. Btw you can reproduce the same crash with uphill tool.
Also, if you quit a tool like "create pipes" the same way, the app is in a special state which does not allow error checking until you finish the pipe.
You found something very interesting here trew, thank you very much.
Hi Haruhi, as you can see here (from line #496) i did not implement all security checks yet. If people reading this can help me complete the check-list it would be greatly appreciated.
What level do you generate ? Did you code something new or did you use the algorithms shipped with the app ?

Used your algorithms only and identified problem too (i think)

Level was too tall for elma to handle. (i was importing a picture and trying to see quality)

Is there any way to make image importing any more accurate? At the moment it's quite vulgar and you need very basic images to import correctly.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Updated

thanks again to testers :beer:
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

1.6.1 released

what's new

- performance and rendering optimizations
- better texture rendering
- opengl, optionnally
- new split/connect tool (experimental)
- open elma internal levels (<-- this is cool)
- new GUI look
- bugs fixes

- removed generator
- removed thumbnail

edit : also, the code compiles on unix platforms as well (at least last time I checked). So if anyone is interested I could make a linux version. This is possible thanks to bene, who did a great work on testing the app and compiling it on linux
Last edited by totem on 29 Aug 2012, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

you're totally lovable, the best elma-related tool upgraded, thanks! :*
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

it crashes instantly =( i tried clean reinstall, but the problem remained :/ the window just opens and disappears right away
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

You just have to finish your levels faster))
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

Pawq wrote:it crashes instantly =( i tried clean reinstall, but the problem remained :/ the window just opens and disappears right away
shame. go in installation folder. Copy settings.ini file somewhere else and delete it from NEW! installation folder. Then, if application starts, send me the copy of settings.ini file so i can investigate

anyone with same problem ?
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

- open elma internal levels (<-- this is cool)
very cool
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

i moved the settings file and some LGR error popped up (elma directory not set blabla default lgr will be loaded from application resources) but after okeying nothing happent. so i moved the 3 directory lines from the old settings file to the new one and then the standard little window saying "parsing lgr pls wait" popped up, but nothing happens afterwards :(

edit: manually deleted everything and installed again and it worked this time, had to set directories manually.

if you want to investigate the old settings file though then it's here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aj8s4m
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

maybe something was wrong with your previous installation.

nobody complained of similar problem, and I couldn't reproduce with your settings.ini file. Anyway, I'm glad it's ok for you now
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

I got some question, maybe stupid but anyway:

1) whats openGL button.

2) is there any level statics? number of apples, vertex, etc.

3) can add option to personalize colors for the vertex, grass etc? :D,this not important.

thats it for now) im too used to ALE but i give it a shot. Some nice tools here.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

1) whats openGL button.
When option is activated, the scene is rendered using your graphic card, not your CPU anymore. I thought it could be usefull on laggy comp. I don't really know if it works cause my computer is fast enough and i've quite ok gfx card for a laptop.
you can default opengl use in application settings.

2) is there any level statics? number of apples, vertex, etc.
did'nt find it interesting enough until now. How do you want this to be displayed on viewport ?
http://code.google.com/p/ballelevgenera ... tail?id=41

3) RTF(outdated)M

Thanks for trying. There are some bugs most probably; if you know how to reproduce one tell me.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

do you still have a version with level generation? it helped for inspiration
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

maybe version 30

http://code.google.com/p/ballelevgenera ... p&can=1&q=

i'm currently working with elmaphys engine. Already I can test level in editor, but i'm struggling with arm animation :S
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

I really think you shouldn't use the code from elma2 for your own projects.. It's closed source for a reason.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

no problem; i didn't include it in my sources

but maybe you mean : "you shouldn't include elmaphys support in your project" ?
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

yes
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

I see
IMO elmaphys is not part of elma2 project as such, it's more like a library that reproduce elma1 physics, and of course i wouldn't use any elma2 code for myself (for what i could use anyway..)

I join IRC tonight so we can talk of this
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

new version is up
http://code.google.com/p/ballelevgenera ... loads/list

what's new :
- finally a shortcut editor, where you'll be able to customize application shortcuts for almost every tool/button/action
- arms are animated
- you can test level in editor (I advise you to use OpenGL by default)

This is not thoroughly tested, so as usual feel free to point bugs out.
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

So you did use the code eventhough I said you shouldn't. You are part of the elma2 project to support elma2 development, not because you could then reuse the code for your own project. If you didn't know, using others(Smibu's) code gives you an unfair advantage for what comes to level editors, and that's something which wasn't the reason you were given access to the code.

I did even say to you explicitly that you aren't allowed to use the code. Yet still you did use it. If you are part of the elma2 development, you should focus on the elma2 and not the level editor. I really think now we shouldn't give you the access to the code, since you clearly ignore all the things I've said to you without even discussing about it, and moreover you haven't been much of a help for the elma2 project.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

I deleted download until this is clear
Ropelli wrote:So you did use the code eventhough I said you shouldn't
Ropelli, you don't have any authority on me. I mean it : I don't give a shit what you think of me. From the beginning of elma2 - I don't know why- you seem to have grievances against me, even when I made all possible to be kind and not react to your unfounded attacks. So the farther you go this way, the less I listen.

Ropelli wrote:You are part of the elma2 project to support elma2 development, not because you could then reuse the code for your own project
Once again : to me, elmaphys IS NOT elma2. Look at elma2 changelog
commit 1 :
[*] created readme.txt
commit 2 :
[*] elmaphys source is added

What you can see here is that elmaphys existed before elma2. elma2 uses elmaphys, I use elmaphys, I don't use elma2. Does jonsykkel had to explain himself when he released his demo based on elmaphys ? I'm not aware of that.

Ropelli wrote:If you didn't know, using others(Smibu's) code gives you an unfair advantage for what comes to level editors, and that's something which wasn't the reason you were given access to the code.
"Advantage" ?? Dude we are in a sooo little community, I'm not making this for glory, I'm making this for people to enjoy designing level, I make this for elma scene.
Now, if Smibu tells me he doesn't want to see elmaphys integrated in this editor, I'll give up this idea and silently think "it's a pity". Yet, Smibu didn't tell me anything. I'm waiting for his answer in this thread.
Ropelli wrote:If you are part of the elma2 development, you should focus on the elma2 and not the level editor. I really think now we shouldn't give you the access to the code, since you clearly ignore all the things I've said to you without even discussing about it, and moreover you haven't been much of a help for the elma2 project.
Indeed, as I said months ago I do not want to code for elma2, as it represents too much work for me. I'm glad to contribute to compilation support though.
This does not make NEW! a dead project, I still have a project to maintain and make evolve. Elma1 is still alive, people still make levels, I continue my project.
Now chief, take my SVN rights back, you'll be the only looser in this story. I think you don't realize you are working on elma-TWO when i'm coding for elma1 editor, we do not play in the same league.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I have to say that I also felt a bit awkward when I saw you using the physics on your own project, at least you could've asked for a permission. Also I think your attitude is not very friendly. On the other hand, I think it's great that external editors have a testing possibility, but the way you accomplished that was not the best.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015