WCup 6 Preparation Cup

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

WCup 6 Preparation Cup

Post by Kopaka »

The WCup 6 Preparation Cup is a short cup with 1 or 2 one day events which is used mainly for testing new features on the eol cup page to make sure everything is working in time for the World Cup. It is also a chance for you to test out the new features, mainly replay sharing within mutiple groups of players, and for players new to eol cups to get acquainted with the system.

http://elmaonline.net/statistics/cups/3

What new?
Cup teams. Create and and join as many cup teams as you want. Click "My Team" link to do so. Here you can accept invites, create a new team, and invite people for teams you are a member of. The point of these are to share replays.
Share replay with team. When you upload you can select to share that replay with all your teams. You can also share and unshare from the "My Times" page. You can upload as many replays as you want throughout the week to share, these replays are also sent as results for the cup. Upload from the cup's main page. Download your team mates replays by going to "My Team" and select an event from the right side panel.

How to play EOL cups?
Find the current event from http://elmaonline.net/statistics/cups/3 a green start time means that event is currently ongoing.
Download the level by clicking the level name.
Play the level online in EOL.
Times are hidden from any places on the EOL site aswell as the ctrl + f5 best times list.
If you play as shown your times will be shown in f7, if you play hidden they will not (eventhough you can always see your own times there).
Upload your replay on http://elmaonline.net/statistics/cups/3 click on "My Times" to see your uploaded times and verify a successfull upload. You can upload as many times as you want and even non finished replays.
Wait for the deadline to be over and results to be published.

tl:dr version: Play online, upload replay, play hidden and others won't see your times anywhere.

Known bugs and possible improvements
Replay names are odd. - fixed
Shareing/unsharing already uploaded replay doesn't work. - fixed
Add link to a level's map. - fixed
0 apples shows as 90 apples. - fixed
Add feature to see own times in current event. - fixed
Some people can't upload replays.
Last edited by Kopaka on 30 Aug 2013, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.
Igge
38mins club

Re: WCup 6 Preparation Cup

Post by Igge »

Wow, very nice! Didn't expect such nice features. I don't have much time to test these things right now, but I hope many people do in order to find bugs and such before the real cup starts.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Ill add a new event tonight. :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I can't upload replay:

Code: Select all

Array ( [error] =>
The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.

)
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

i think >1h replays not supported
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

cant dl any rec from wcup6 prep section (even my own recs) :?
it says replay not available

Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

All bugs except replay uploading should be fixed now.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

There was a known bug with file uploading in firefox, I implemented a fix someone made for the framework eol uses. So if someone who had problems before, could try uploading again, that would be nice. And preferably multiple times. Remember to can upload even non finished replays.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

How are the Cup-Teams excactly working? I mean, I'm usually in BAP and now I added EA to my cup-teams. What happens with the team-points then, and who am I sharing replays with when I upload a replay?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Lukazz wrote:How are the Cup-Teams excactly working? I mean, I'm usually in BAP and now I added EA to my cup-teams. What happens with the team-points then, and who am I sharing replays with when I upload a replay?
Your actual team, the one that shows on http://elmaonline.net/players/Lukazz are the team that will get team points from you. Creating a cup team with same name as an actual team, does not mean you can see their shared replays or they can see yours. Unless the join the EA cup team aswell of course. Sharing a replay, means it's shared with all your cup teams and your actual team.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Ok thanks. I changed my "real" team to EA now, but on the "My Teams" page, it still looks like BAP is my primary team. It would be a nice "feature" if one could delete his cup teams too.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

shoot all deserters!
39:37,91
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Lukazz wrote: It would be a nice "feature" if one could delete his cup teams too.
PLS! some polish "camsa" joined the cup team EA now too. i don't really get what the purpose of those cup teams is, because i'm in EA twice now.