LOS Cup 4

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

LOS Cup 4

Post by Xhomaz »

Yes.

It's back after 16 years.

Start: Sunday, September 24th at 19.00 CET.
Events: 8
Skips: 1

https://elma.online/cup/LC4
http://codesincolor.com/los/lc.php

Stay tuned.
Last edited by Xhomaz on 24 Sep 2023, 12:10, edited 2 times in total.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Re: LOS Cup 4

Post by Hosp »

nice
ToMaT
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

sik
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

cant believeee :O
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

Three days to go.

Who will join the proud list of LOS Cup event winners?

5 wins: Jalli
4 wins: Tapzu, axxu
2 wins: onlainari, LazY, XyW, talli, AKB
1 win: Sathy, Hapa, SveinR, s1cKnoiD, Ismo, Raven, Kazan

Cup winners in bold.
Team LOS website
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Stoked! :head:
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

We have lift off!

First level up: https://elma.online/cup/LC4/events

Deadline next Sunday at 7PM CET.

In LOS Cup tradition we start off with the shortest and worst level and slowly build our way up to greatness. :wink:

Thanks to everyone playing.
Team LOS website
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

I hope igge will react to replays <3
TT: 42
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

Cfilorvy wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 17:44 I hope igge will react to replays <3
I think he said he would, which is great!

Deadline for event 1 is tomorrow evening, so still time to check the lev out if someone's been sitting at the fence.
Team LOS website
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

Huge congrats to Hosp, who is our event 1 winner! Hosp is also the very first swede to win a LOS Cup event. Grattis!

Check out his impressive rec here: https://elma.online/r/c-156136/LC401Hosp

And new level is also out, lets keep the number of players up. :)

LC402: https://api.elma.online/dl/level/563028

Thanks to everyone who tried the level out, much appreciated.
Team LOS website
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

thank
ToMaT
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

7 hours until LC402 deadline.

There will be live results reveal in Elma discord / #events at 19.00 CET.

Get yourself on the scoreboard and join to see the results tonight!

:player_a:
Team LOS website
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

PELU won the second event, congratulations to him! And just like that, Spain also have their first ever LOS Cup victory. Very cool. You can check out PELU's replay here, very smooth run: https://elma.online/r/c-156475/LC402PELU

Hosp is still leading the cup, but it's tight in the top.

The 3rd event has started, and you can download the level here: https://api.elma.online/dl/level/563234
Map here: https://elma.online/cup/LC4/events/3/map

And yeah, we had an amazing 75 participants in the last event, which was very nice to see. So lets keep the trend going, I'd appreciate it if you gave the new level a shot.
Team LOS website
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

these levels are truly amazing, to be honest

truly cup levels and not some 15 min battle levs :beer:
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

these levels are shite, every level just pixel grab this and that and miss everything by 1px
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

FinMan wrote: 15 Oct 2023, 20:07 these levels are truly amazing, to be honest

truly cup levels and not some 15 min battle levs :beer:
Thanks, FinMan! Appreciate that. :) Maybe not the most exciting this week, but hopefully somewhat ok anyway.

And thanks, Specter2. I will try to have better levels with bigger pixels in the rest of the cup, so you also can enjoy.
Team LOS website
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

so when pixel apples and polygons weren't enough you also added pixel killers, jesus
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

specter2 wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 13:58 so when pixel apples and polygons weren't enough you also added pixel killers, jesus
I hope I get to sit next to you on next elma dinner, you seem like really nice person. :D
Team LOS website
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I wouldn't stress, Xhomaz, he is quite well known to be one of the most unnecessarily negative perspectives when it comes to how he views people's levels.

His ratings have been a cringe compilation meme in the community for years and there's even been topics about it. I hate to be dismissive but he's summarily destroyed any weight his opinions on level-quality could have. There is a point at which a person's opinions have lost any external validity and ville is one of the few people who is well passed that point as far as much of the Elma community is concerned.

Perhaps this is unkind towards someone who's otherwise quite respectable, but it's sadly also well-earnt. Still love ya ville but maybe this serves as a nice reminder to keep the toxicity to yourself.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

Grace wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 11:32 I wouldn't stress, Xhomaz, he is quite well known to be one of the most unnecessarily negative perspectives when it comes to how he views people's levels.

His ratings have been a cringe compilation meme in the community for years and there's even been topics about it. I hate to be dismissive but he's summarily destroyed any weight his opinions on level-quality could have. There is a point at which a person's opinions have lost any external validity and ville is one of the few people who is well passed that point as far as much of the Elma community is concerned.

Perhaps this is unkind towards someone who's otherwise quite respectable, but it's sadly also well-earnt. Still love ya ville but maybe this serves as a nice reminder to keep the toxicity to yourself.
let's not turn this topic into yet another discussion of this subject. however, i still don't understand why it is forbidden to criticize any level in this community, and certain people just brush everything off as negative toxicity no matter how valid or on point the comments are. like in this case, the pixel apples, polygons and killers are very obvious in the levels, it's not something i just pulled out of thin air. if you would actually bother reading and understanding the criticism i sometimes give on the levels you would realize that there are a few recurring things that i do criticize, it's not that i would just come up with any random reason to criticize every level. but instead some people seem to decide to label any criticism as toxic negative bitching.
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

specter2 wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 19:04
Grace wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 11:32 I wouldn't stress, Xhomaz, he is quite well known to be one of the most unnecessarily negative perspectives when it comes to how he views people's levels.

let's not turn this topic into yet another discussion of this subject. however, i still don't understand why it is forbidden to criticize any level in this community, and certain people just brush everything off as negative toxicity no matter how valid or on point the comments are. like in this case, the pixel apples, polygons and killers are very obvious in the levels, it's not something i just pulled out of thin air. if you would actually bother reading and understanding the criticism i sometimes give on the levels you would realize that there are a few recurring things that i do criticize, it's not that i would just come up with any random reason to criticize every level. but instead some people seem to decide to label any criticism as toxic negative bitching.
Thanks for the context, Grace!

And Specter2, I don't mind criticism at all, as long as it's done in a constructive and respectful way. And when I read your posts here (didn't know you were Ville) I thought you were some 16 year old juvenile who hadn't learned how to communicate in a proper way yet. I got that "fish for dinner? f**k you mom"-feeling. I guess I would've taken the criticism more serious if it was done in a polite way is what I'm saying.

Anyway, I know these levels are not perfect in any way. And it's impossible to please everyone. I'm just happy there are a HUGE amount of players who seem to be enjoying themselves, and happy that there are a lot more positive comments than the negative ones. So overall I consider this cup quite a success so far!
Team LOS website
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

And tonight we have deadline for LC405!

Please tune in at #events channel in Elma Discord at 7PM CET for results show.

Spef is in the lead, but it's a tight race. Will anyone stop team dat? Lets find out later tonight. :D

New level out at 8PM CET.
Team LOS website
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

Xhomaz wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 12:03And Specter2, I don't mind criticism at all, as long as it's done in a constructive and respectful way. And when I read your posts here (didn't know you were Ville) I thought you were some 16 year old juvenile who hadn't learned how to communicate in a proper way yet. I got that "fish for dinner? f**k you mom"-feeling. I guess I would've taken the criticism more serious if it was done in a polite way is what I'm saying.
it is totally understandable, and you know my post didn't consider anything you have said at all. your reaction to my half-assed comments was how i would expect any sane person to react to them, but some one else had to make a scene about it. whether or not you are going to take any action based on my feedback is out of my hands of course no matter how or what i write. several times after completely appropriate comments people just tell you to shut up and quit whining so i just can't be bothered to always write an academic essay on such non-serious matter.
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

LOS Cup 4 is approaching its end.

We have deadline for LC407 tonight at 7PM CET and the last event, LC408, will begin at 8PM as usual. Results show in #events, elma discord right after deadline!

Thanks to everyone who's been playing!

Spef still in the lead, is it possible to catch him? Will we see a record sixth different event winner? Will the flower for LC408 be in the bottom of lev? Lets find out tonight. :beer:
Team LOS website
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

LOS Cup 4 is over, thanks to everyone who participated! We sure went out with a bang, with Zero winning LC408 in a real multi-route lev (4 different routes in top6).

Congrats to Spef for winning the cup. He could lift the imaginary trophy after winning 3 events, with Raven coming in at 2nd and Bjenn in 3rd place. Well done!

This was pretty fun. Maybe it won't be 16 years until LC5. :D
Team LOS website
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Thank you very much, Xhomaz! I enjoyed playing the levels and the finding the styles, although I missed some obvious styles. The levels were very good quality, much better than average World cup levels :D

I also have to mention how much igge's excellent videos boosted this cup. Thanks igge! https://www.youtube.com/@igge
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

zebra wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 07:42 Thank you very much, Xhomaz! I enjoyed playing the levels and the finding the styles, although I missed some obvious styles. The levels were very good quality, much better than average World cup levels :D

I also have to mention how much igge's excellent videos boosted this cup. Thanks igge! https://www.youtube.com/@igge
Appreciate that, Zebra!

Yes, great job by igge, making this cup even more enjoyable for everyone. :)
Team LOS website
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

one thing i was really wondering about the levels: were they all really 100% new and unreleased? because some parts of the levels gave me some weird flashbacks from the past like i had played them (or parts of them) before and i even remember discussing about fastest moves and also seeing replays! maybe i'm just crazy or then they were just similar or influenced by some other levels idk, but this has never happened before.
Xhomaz
Kuski

Post by Xhomaz »

specter2 wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 09:31 one thing i was really wondering about the levels: were they all really 100% new and unreleased? because some parts of the levels gave me some weird flashbacks from the past like i had played them (or parts of them) before and i even remember discussing about fastest moves and also seeing replays! maybe i'm just crazy or then they were just similar or influenced by some other levels idk, but this has never happened before.
Didn't see this post, sorry.

405 and 408 were brand new, the rest were made in 2013. None of the levels were published or played before the cup except 401 where a similar version was submitted to Wcup (wasn't selected). So it's a possibility you have seen that level before if you were in the selection group back then.
Team LOS website
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

Xhomaz wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 17:56 405 and 408 were brand new, the rest were made in 2013. None of the levels were published or played before the cup except 401 where a similar version was submitted to Wcup (wasn't selected). So it's a possibility you have seen that level before if you were in the selection group back then.
these 2 most liked
levelmaking skill is improving)
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

specter2 wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 09:31 one thing i was really wondering about the levels: were they all really 100% new and unreleased? because some parts of the levels gave me some weird flashbacks from the past like i had played them (or parts of them) before and i even remember discussing about fastest moves and also seeing replays! maybe i'm just crazy or then they were just similar or influenced by some other levels idk, but this has never happened before.
It's probably just that Xhomaz has such a consistent levelmaking style. One of the coolest parts of LOS Cup 4 for me was how instantly I was transported back to the feeling of old LOS levels from back a decade ago, was amazing.

Thanks for the cup Xhomaz and for the videos Igge, huge highlight of 2023.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96