recsource.tv

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Re: recsource.tv

Post by BlaZtek »

VilleJ, I used my uploader profile as a libary for my recs. But it seems to be limited, so when adding new rec the oldest dissapear from my list. This very bad. :(
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

oke i will remove the limit immediately, only for you my friend
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

It would be great to watch rec loaded from disc or URL without uploading to recsource. So server would not be filled with shit recs just because someone wants to watch rec once.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Hi,

Im very nab when it comes to recsource, so some of these features might already exist without me knowing, but imo:

Recsource should automattically be able to detect which level the rec comes from when uploaded. ->
-> if detected level is int, they should be sorted into a separate category like battles are today ->
-> in this category i can pick any int i want and see all recs uploaded for this int ->
-> recs are sorted by time, so i can see a time that's around my target and find recs on how to drive that time.

Best regards,
igge
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

A bit offtopic, but you know you can do this in jon's elmastats right? Select an internal and pass the mouse through the times and see where the cursor changes to hand. Takes like 30s to dl all reks from your time range :)
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Search "qwquu0xx" on rc, choose random rec and then you will see recs from this int on the "recommendations" list. It seems like this list is sorted by time.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Wow good job on search function
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Suggest: Add checkbox in upload for for "Saveload", which will simply add a "sl" tag to replay.

Also is it possible to filter by tag in search (to include/exclude)? e.g. search "qwquu033 tag:sl" or "qwquu033 -sl"

Cheers,

sunl
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Igge wrote:Hi,

Im very nab when it comes to recsource, so some of these features might already exist without me knowing, but imo:

Recsource should automattically be able to detect which level the rec comes from when uploaded. ->
-> if detected level is int, they should be sorted into a separate category like battles are today ->
-> in this category i can pick any int i want and see all recs uploaded for this int ->
-> recs are sorted by time, so i can see a time that's around my target and find recs on how to drive that time.

Best regards,
igge
Good idea and I think something like this has been suggested before, but I've just been orka. But for now you can use that method dawid desribed, maybe I'll make some separate view for internals a bit later.
sunl wrote:Suggest: Add checkbox in upload for for "Saveload", which will simply add a "sl" tag to replay.

Also is it possible to filter by tag in search (to include/exclude)? e.g. search "qwquu033 tag:sl" or "qwquu033 -sl"

Cheers,

sunl
Have to think about adding that separate checkbox sl, not a bad idea but maybe a bit weird in some sense. The search is very limited atm and you can't do anything like that. I'll have to work on the whole search to give user more options what to search for.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Forgot to mention that I have put recsource.tv to gitlab private repository for now. If you feel like you would like to contribute to the project (and you know/want to write php) you can contact me and I can give you an access to the repo.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Old recsource website had saveload check which worked well because now recsource.tv sometimes not clear if saveload or not. But obviously this is your time and energy and recsource.tv working fine right now
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Saveload recs usually hev "sl" or "saveload" tag but maybe it should be highlighted or something.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Yeah so inconsistent tagging with different names and occasionally not tagged

Obviously not huge huge deal but a convenience given the large amout of sl these days
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Nice rec dump by elmastats, recsause is now ruined, can't scroll through to find the other recs because it will take for forever.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

sunl wrote:Yeah so inconsistent tagging with different names and occasionally not tagged
That's why I suggested a list of standard tags. Theer are nat very many tags that are actually useful, and atm everything has multipel names for essentially the same thing. Suar it's nice to let users do whatever but the result heer is that tags are almost never useful for anything.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

That works too
-saveload
-firstfinish
-speed
-survivor
-drunk
-onewheel
-slesk
-pipe
-battle
-bug
-hack
-airpop
-applebug
-fail
-style

Ultimately though I think the tag system is doomed to not amount to too much with specific exceptions (i.e. saveload) simply because too many mans have too many minds of their own ;)
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Bjenn wrote:Nice rec dump by elmastats, recsause is now ruined, can't scroll through to find the other recs because it will take for forever.
I'm sure people will upload interesting replays in the future and you can get back to browsing normally.
Lousku wrote:
sunl wrote:Yeah so inconsistent tagging with different names and occasionally not tagged
That's why I suggested a list of standard tags. Theer are nat very many tags that are actually useful, and atm everything has multipel names for essentially the same thing. Suar it's nice to let users do whatever but the result heer is that tags are almost never useful for anything.
That's true. As I am always against artificial restriction I did not want to give a pre-defined list of tags to choose from, but it appears (some) users might need some guidance in this case. Maybe I will have to give this another thought now that I am kinda actively working on this project again.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Could do something like showing the most used tags when uploading, so people are more likely to use a commonly used one rather than their own. Also could do some merging of current ones in some way. So SL also will show those tagged saveload and vice versa for example.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

ville_j wrote:As I am always against artificial restriction I did not want to give a pre-defined list of tags to choose from
It's a norm nice principle but I just think the possibilities in elma recs are limited enough that it's possible to come up with a perfect complete list of useful tags. And there could still be a way to suggest new ones.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

I think for tags the question is rather "How is this useful?"

Uses for tags:
-Blaztek's uploader profile -> can tag all replays in one "album" under the same tag. "Album" feature is not perfect because only uploader can assign tags at the moment, and so doesn't seem like optimal way.
-Filter in/out tags based on: saveload, (+-first finish, battle replay, finish, slesk, bug, airpop, hack, multi, etc)
-Used as a "hashtag" by some
-?Relevant replay suggestions
-??other secret uses

In the first and third case, custom tags are necessary. For the second case, default tags seem the way to go. Possible solution is to have a default list of "suggested" tags to click on + custom tags
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I just started working on these tags. Because stats are interesting, here is a table of all used tags: http://www.recsource.tv/tags.html. I don't really have an idea what I'm going to do with this, but if this gives you any perspective and good ideas pls share. Some grouping of similar tags (balle/battle) would be ok but not completely solve the problem.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

At leest all the levpack tags should be useless and search should fulfill teh purpose.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

But isn't it kinda neat to see all these levelpacks when browsing the tag list. Like you're just looking at it wondering what to watch, then you see a levelpack and choose it.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Changing topic: when I try to watch reks on phone Firefox crashes after about 30s of replay. Just closes down every time. Dunno if some memory leak or wate but a slightly sad feature :(
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Your problem is Firefox it is a bloated piece of crap
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Installed firefox to my high-end android phone and dear god that recsource player is laggy! Also after some 30 seconds it really started jumping and was just useless. I would recommend installing Chrome, works much better in it.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

bene wrote:Your problem is Firefox it is a bloated piece of crap
Firefox is a million time better than Chrome. Fact.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

That is actually untrue.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

I had told it earlier but very uncomfortable problem with android chrome is low resolution of rec :(
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

kuchitsu wrote:But isn't it kinda neat to see all these levelpacks when browsing the tag list. Like you're just looking at it wondering what to watch, then you see a levelpack and choose it.
Ok, I did nat consider sach freak deviant behavior! Do you actually do this?
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Firefox can Ctrl + F without using Ctrl + F which is very nice but all tabs and stuff are saved in same process in task manager so is very heavy program that has to be restarded a lot because it kinda saves all the stuff in the .exe even when you have quitted that tab or watever so, if pro computer use Firefox but if low RAM I recommend to not use Firefox like me and use diff program but I am stuck forever because firfax only bröwser that can allow me to Ctrl F without Ctrl F insert more random text here osv
ToMaT
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Hosp wrote:Firefox can Ctrl + F without using Ctrl + F which is very nice but all tabs and stuff are saved in same process in task manager so is very heavy program that has to be restarded a lot because it kinda saves all the stuff in the .exe even when you have quitted that tab or watever so, if pro computer use Firefox but if low RAM I recommend to not use Firefox like me and use diff program but I am stuck forever because firfax only bröwser that can allow me to Ctrl F without Ctrl F insert more random text here osv
Copy some dots and commas cus it seems like you are lack of these: .............. ,,,,,,,,,,,
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

How to ctrl+F without ctrl+F?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

kuchitsu wrote:How to ctrl+F without ctrl+F?
just type while browsing webpage.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Hmm don't see anything happening, perhaps there is an option somewhere...
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

kuchitsu wrote:Hmm don't see anything happening, perhaps there is an option somewhere...
Click on a background of the webpage, then start typing. This feature is since many months in FF.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Wait, wasn't the insta-search available in chrome too? I was using it years ago anyway, but prefer just ctrl+F nowadays.

Also can't see how one process is a disadvantage in normal usage, why restart Firefox? I think the fact that Chrome uses twice as much ram as Firefox is probably worse for nab computers.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Pawq wrote:Wait, wasn't the insta-search available in chrome too? I was using it years ago anyway, but prefer just ctrl+F nowadays.

Also can't see how one process is a disadvantage in normal usage, why restart Firefox? I think the fact that Chrome uses twice as much ram as Firefox is probably worse for nab computers.
Very for my old piece of shit. It start crying if I boot up Chrome.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

nab question, how the hell to use API? :D What is required, any program?
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

You need something that can make POST requests. API is useful when you want to programmatically upload replays.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

ty recsource gaa site decade ez and nice with api
with this sik coding i bet only a matter of days until yale gets load level posibliity...!
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

on my nab laptop chrome runs much better than firefox, especially with multiplte tabs
also that search without Ctrl+F function has been in firefox since at least 2009, not just a few months
ToMaT
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Bugs: Can't upload level if not logged in.
Idiot system: Can't api token if not remember me.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Yet both are well designed features and working as intended!
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

suggestion: a feature to filter replays by background (brick, ground, etc...)

watching non-blue levrecz are so refreshing :)
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Hi, back when unlisted upload was added I uploaded an rec to celebrate you can thank ville_j for this share http://www.recsource.tv/r/oezdqsnmvu
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

wow and ty
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Thank you VilleJ for removing my history limiter. :*
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

=)

Made a little update: now only pre-selected tags are shown on the front page. You are still allowed to add whatever tags when uploading replays, but pls try to put at least some sensible ones so that people can find them more easily. Also now when you click 'more' you will get more replays just for the selected tags. Also fixed a little bug that displayed a wrong upload date on replay when using the search feature.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Very fast search nowadays, good job!