Elma3D mod

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

dawid
Kuski

Elma3D mod

Post by dawid »

Another mod. I know that I didn't finnish ghost mod :D
Blender + Python scripts
I will finnish ghost mod firstly, so enjoy videos at this moment.
1st video: norm play, 2nd video: recplayer
EOL has to be running ofc.

VIDEOS!!!
1. https://youtu.be/el5hscoo32c
2. https://youtu.be/MsQHZOSMRdw
Igge
38mins club

Re: Elma3D mod

Post by Igge »

Cool projects, both this and ghost mod! I remember totem working on a similar 3d version, but I think that was just for replays. In fact, I think it's included in his run replay offline..? Perhaps you two could collaborate and create something really interesting!

Found a video that shows totem's 3d player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW0IWb98Pus
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Amazing rec O: Never saw that. I would love watching my personal recs in that way.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I dunno, to me it feels kinda pointless since it doesn't really change the feel of the game much. The three dimensional effect isn't even that deep. It's like saying that this is 3D:

Like yeah, technically it is I guess but there is nothing interesting about it. Now if you made a first or third person view (camera behind the driver), that would be a different story. :?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

kuchitsu wrote:Like yeah, technically it is I guess but there is nothing interesting about it. Now if you made a first or third person view (camera behind the driver), that would be a different story. :?
This is exactly what could be done in totem's player. I remember a video of headbanger from the kuski's perspective, was pretty cool)

Here is the thread for the software where I think the replays were included before, but it seems everything is gone now.. :(
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... it=offline
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

At first i thought you were talking about playing in 3D like a super mario 64 but with a bike :D
Agreed with igge, having a point of view like that would be very sick. This program seems very impressive but as kuchitsu said feels kinda pointless like that.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

To me it seems more like very weird way to do 3D mod. Firstly shouldn't be hard at all to make 3D replay viewer, like external tool you know without some mongo requirement of running elma. Secondly fizics code was reverse engineered already, why not just make 3D from scratch based on the fizics code ( oh wait maybe nobody gave it to you:DDDDD) , it's not like you're gonna catch any of the original atmosphere, since you have to reinvent the visuals anyway.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Zweq wrote:Secondly fizics code was reverse engineered already, why not just make 3D from scratch based on the fizics code...
give :(
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

no..

oh yeah the bikekuski model is pretty cool, did you make that you are shelf?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Zweq wrote:oh yeah the bikekuski model is pretty cool, did you make that you are shelf?
no.

Impsy/hard/uncomfortable to play with first/third person view.

I made it just for fun. At this moment I don't have too much free tiem so I won't work on this mod. I'll try to find tiem for ghost mode. (BTW ez to make ghost in this 3D mod)