The elma leagues

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

carryheart
Kuski

Re: The elma leagues

Post by carryheart »

culinko wrote:I already told them to make a website so ppl can sign up there. This way ppl who don't want to play or have no time won't be included and ppl who want to play and aren't included will be.
still we have not site. it is beta testing event
i find energy only for 1 month of organizate this.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

But can there be a first league if "premier" already means "first"?
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

kuchitsu wrote:But can there be a first league if "premier" already means "first"?
nope. premier league means real madrid and first league means celta vigo o,o
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

THE ELMA LEAGUES STARTS!!!
ALL TWO LEVELS FOR ALL 3 LEAGUES!!!

deadline today 20:59 in finland or 21:59 in moscow; Gulf Standart Time - UTC +4 hours
ps. gl to all. hf o,o
Attachments
TEL001a.lev
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
TEL001.lev
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

What are we supposed to do? Do I have to register somewhere? Just hoyl? Where do I send in my recs?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

If you are not on the scoreboard we can replace you if someone seems not to play.

If you are in the scoreboard just hoyl until the deadline. No recs needed.

But doesnt hurt if you get a time on the first match even if you are not yet registered and maybe it can count as a score later. I have to speak about it with Vadik.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

this is too confusing for me.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Lols, was there even a registration stage or did you just choose all the participants by yourself? And are we sure that they are going to actually play?? Maybe it's a bit too early to start this while everyone is still confused???

I mean, your enthusiasm and all is very good but this thing looks ridiculously rushed.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I like how this is carried on. Often in Elma scene when people think of something to arrange, they just ponder it for a year and then forget about it. What better way to test this than an actual testing phase with players playing? What the arrangers should do though is edit all the relevant info into the first post of the topic.

Side note: I have two opponents marked for last round, I think the other match should be Munkki vs Mira.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

Orcc wrote:Side note: I have two opponents marked for last round, I think the other match should be Munkki vs Mira.
thx updated o,o
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Why did you guys rush this so much?
This execution is just awful. Half the people didn't even know the cup had already started and many are still confused about the rules.
Nothing feels official about this thing.. Starting from the very basics: names TEL001 and TEL001a. why not just A and B? Also there is a wrong level in the database when you try to download 001a.
When I entered the level I didn't even know it was the cup level because.. well, who would name a contest level "AHOPAK NAPAPIJRI".
I also think it's weird that you decided not to hide the times after all the complaining by the people. It is just a bad idea to keep them shown. Takes away half the fun just like that.

I really hate the fact that you assume that people will play such an event when you don't even try to host it well. Here are some ways to improve it tho:

1. Don't just make a proper post with information and the rules. Make a new topic. Having the official info in a topic like this is really confusing imo
2. Make contest-worthy levels and name them properly
3. Inform people more in private chat etc since we seriously don't know what's going on. I never even signed up for this thing
Last edited by Zero on 4 Feb 2016, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

That was it? No results no recs no nothing?
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Standings after first matches:

Team SPEED

carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

RESULTS AFTER FIRST MATCH
SECOND MATCH STARTS TODAY UTC +4 HOURS
gulf standart time o,o

gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Thank you for clarifying many things in first post seems much better now

Also don't know if this was a previous idea or not but I think itd be cool for if say in season 2 the top two players of each league get promoted to higher league and maybe bottom two get demoted.
God Bless America
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

gimp wrote: Also don't know if this was a previous idea or not but I think itd be cool for if say in season 2 the top two players of each league get promoted to higher league and maybe bottom two get demoted.
Yeah I think that is the plan, at least I got that impression when I asked about the same thing.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

well. second matches starts. deadline in 24hrs
levels in second post
Ullltras
Beginner kuski
Team: xXx

Post by Ullltras »

???
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Would be nice if there were some other than boring hoyl levs.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

gimp wrote:Thank you for clarifying many things in first post seems much better now

Also don't know if this was a previous idea or not but I think itd be cool for if say in season 2 the top two players of each league get promoted to higher league and maybe bottom two get demoted.
yeah thats the plan
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

ville_j wrote:Would be nice if there were some other than boring hoyl levs.
I sent Vadik 4 levs, thinking each would be played by 2 players only. The current one is by far the least boring so enjoy the rest :P
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

ville_j wrote:Would be nice if there were some other than boring hoyl levs.
2nd match level setup had some error for sure. It will get better the next matches.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Nothing boring with these levels. Dunno what you are talking about. Four levels so far and they all were quite different, stop complaining.
I enjoyed every level so far.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well that's your opinion, it's not very nice of you to try to shut off someone else's opinions. insguy's lev is extremely similar to koo's lev, and I really do find these quite boring (not bad per se). Luckily my opponents don't seem to be playing so I don't have to put effort into these levels.

Thx for the warning insguy, I try to find some enjoyment from some of them at least!
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

How is Jappe3 losing against people not even playing??
God Bless America
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

gimp wrote:How is Jappe3 losing against people not even playing??
Both me and Ville has been playing as far as I know.
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

well, i have some idea about the end of first season

after 11 matches we will put first 5 players from first; 5 first players from premier and 6ppl from second league;
then toos up they all in 1/8 finals (21.02.2016) (like champions league in football);
then stays 8 players -> ez 1/4 (23.02.2016) -> 4 players 1/2 (25.02.2016) -> and final 27.02.2016
and finally we will have a winner who will receive 10e from me and polarix
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Oh, so this is not a test league after all?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

The level of confusion in this thread is astronomical. And hillarious. The arrangers should read through the whole thing properly and realize that nobody else have a clue what's going on.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

carryheart wrote:well, i have some idea about the end of first season

after 11 matches we will put first 5 players from first; 5 first players from premier and 6ppl from second league;
then toos up they all in 1/8 finals (21.02.2016) (like champions league in football);
then stays 8 players -> ez 1/4 (23.02.2016) -> 4 players 1/2 (25.02.2016) -> and final 27.02.2016
and finally we will have a winner who will receive 10e from me and polarix
Well the thing is that we would need to come up with these ideas before starting the league Vadik. I think it is too late to change the rules now. But maybe in future we can do this.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Ruben wrote:The level of confusion in this thread is astronomical. And hillarious. The arrangers should read through the whole thing properly and realize that nobody else have a clue what's going on.
Well I have the impression that most players that plays the league atm knows the rules and setup.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Can you make an PayPal or whatever account so that people can donate money to the prizepool for the 2nd Elma league season?
10€ is a fairly small amount. I would surely donate some.

If plenty of money, you could split the pool to the top 3 players, but the number 1 gets most of it of course.

But in this test season I agree you should not have any prize money, since we didn't know it from the beginning.
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

Bjenn wrote:Can you make an PayPal or whatever account so that people can donate money to the prizepool for the 2nd Elma league season?

If plenty of money, you could split the pool to the top 3 players, but the number 1 gets most of it of course.

But in this test season I agree you should not have any prize money, since we didn't know it from the beginning.
ofc nice idea bjenn. but u know it takes too much concentration to organizate it all

not be so bad if organizatorst will take about 10% of all donations. that quite not easy work
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

vtf do my eyes read
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

this thread is fucking hilarious.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Okay, I can hold the prize money then, I till try to figure out how to keep such an account. Anyone with experience, please PM me, maybe can use same method elmaonline.net uses.
I have to check that out.

In my onion you two should not be getting 10% of the prize pool.

Maybe we should bribe ville_j to make a neat website which automatize these calculations that you are manually making today. If he has the time =D

I appreciate you two for the effort so far! But it does seem like too much work at the moment, for manually updating.
Ville do you have a comment on this? =) I just love all your websites, all so smart and goodlooking, like you wanna take a bite and eat :beer:
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

maybe you should ask the other participants first if they are willing to pay?
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Already did http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... w=viewpoll
Two people will pay, three with me and five including Polarix and Vadik =)

The more people who joins and donate I think more will feel encouragement and do it too!
And It would be cool to see the current pool of total donations, so you will see prize pool actually grow!
Maybe even top 5 could get some prize money, if enough is collected.

Edit: Oh right, that poll was for Paying a small amount to be able to join the competition. The Elma Leagues is free to enter, as all other cups and competitions =)
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

carryheart wrote:
Bjenn wrote:Can you make an PayPal or whatever account so that people can donate money to the prizepool for the 2nd Elma league season?

ofc nice idea bjenn. but u know it takes too much concentration to organizate it all

not be so bad if organizatorst will take about 10% of all donations. that quite not easy work

No, no. We are not suppose to earn money on this Vadik, hahaha!
carryheart
Kuski

Post by carryheart »

Polarix wrote:
carryheart wrote:

No, no. We are not suppose to earn money on this Vadik, hahaha!
no ofc. we dont needs moneys. i means about future of ppl who will organizate it all.... when leagues will have much more than 12ppl in every league
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

I won't pay shit for winner of this leauge. If I would pay money for elma It would been for server services. Peace out.
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I am sorry to inform you guys about the events that took place on yesterday evening around 10 pm (UTC+2) and since. During that evening, immediately after I had made my first finishes on each of the new elma league levels, the voices in my head started to strengthen and told me to close elma and some kind of a trauma was developed to block the most of the memories of the elma league. Not long after that I got some complications and was quickly hospitalized. During a medical examination a severe brain injury was found in my brain, apparently caused by the elma league levels and overall organizing of the whole league. My doctor also told me that while waiting for the more detailed brain scans to arrive from the lab I fell under a psychosis and tried to chop my fingers off, from which I am now recovering with a help of a synthetic finger transplant on my right middle finger. The expectations on my recovery are quite good however, and I am hoping to get back to elma within a few days.

See you soon, XOXO

— Volle_J
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

This league is too intense for me, on day of people are hoyling for like at least 4 hours plus and it is just too much time when you work and school or family and shit. Ideally, (and this is just one gimps opinion) I think the best league would be week long events and a level per two players each match and also have a website, if organizers could do that successfully every week I think it would maybe justify 10 percent of some donations or something. But just making some forum topic and a couple spreadsheets and then asking for money is lame.
God Bless America
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

It is indeed a very tight schedule on this league. I have had time to play two of the event days so far, a third where I only finished the levels once or twice.
I would also like separate levels for two players, and more time to hoyl. Also HIDDEN TIMES.

But I know this is the first league, and a test, so you have much to improve on if you really wanna make a good elma league.
Tm
35mins club

Post by Tm »

- More time (i.e. three, four days);
- (a) hidden times; (b) some webpage to upload recp files manually (?)
- different levels for separate pairs (quality doesn't really matter for me)
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

More than 24h for these levels would be a nightmare.. Lucky runs are already required because most of the levels have been so straight forward.
Imo the gap between each match should be longer. It is way too intense atm indeed. 24h match once a week could be pretty good.
Also.. Just forget the money for now. Due to inactive players, rushed levels, no site etc this league can't be taken seriously.
I've had a lot of fun playing this thing but this is not a serious competition like some World Cup. Not even close xd
Fix the problems first!
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

im also very brian injury from this thread
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

oh, so this thread is why bryan retired?
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »