Help!

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Byce
Kuski

Help!

Post by Byce »

Hi!

I played Elma many years ago and I want to start playing it again, but I have some issues that I thought you might help me with. After installing elma (Have tried several full registered versions and freewares) when I execute it the screen turns grey and after a couple of seconds I get an error message and elma shuts down. 2 txt files are created "Sorry, Internal error". I have tried at least 10 diffrent files and on 2 diffrent computers but its just the same problem all the time. Does anyone knows what the trouble might be? I have windows XP and the latest directx installed. I am very thankful for your help so I can play this wonderful game again!

// John Byce
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

Post by Scruffy the janitor »

could it be that you are just little like this person:

Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Blehh jappe3. If i someday registry in some forum, asking how i can play a game, and i see a message like your, i go to your fucking country and i put a big bomb just where you live. (trying to kill axxu if i can)
Why that horrible reply, mongo? If you cant help, dont post. Have i said mongo already?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Do you have all the right files in your elastomania folder?

you should have 3 folders:
- lev
- rec
- lgr

and those files:
- elma.exe
- elma.res

are you trying to run elastomania (the original game), or elma 1.2 or belma?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Sla wrote:Blehh jappe3. If i someday registry in some forum, asking how i can play a game, and i see a message like your, i go to your fucking country and i put a big bomb just where you live. (trying to kill axxu if i can)
Why that horrible reply, mongo? If you cant help, dont post. Have i said mongo already?
well said... Jappe, you go home-
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Byce
Kuski

Post by Byce »

BoneLESS: Yes I have all the correct files. The last I tried was Elma 1.2 but I had also tried all older versions with the same result :(
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

check pm mesagges byce
Byce
Kuski

Post by Byce »

My graficcard is obviously not installed, my screen update frequency is 1 hz lol, at least thats what it says when I ran dxdiag. I will try to do something about it!

More problems tho... Windows can't find it damn I am gettin so tired of computers fucking with me.
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Scruffy the janitor wrote:Image
I just noticed that the semi mongo jappe2 learned how to put pitures at Lauta. Come on jappe2, try with some pics more. I like them. Try to put some pics of cats! And try puting TWO pics that would be awesome for your trying.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Byce wrote:My graficcard is obviously not installed, my screen update frequency is 1 hz lol, at least thats what it says when I ran dxdiag. I will try to do something about it!

More problems tho... Windows can't find it damn I am gettin so tired of computers fucking with me.
well, if your graphic card is not installed, i guess you just found out why elma doesn't work (as it uses directX therefore, a graphic card).
and 1 hertz... that's pretty fucking damn low in my opinion... like impossible as most computers are used with 60 hz +...

anyway, do you at least have a graphic card in your computer? Or is it the driver that's not working?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Byce
Kuski

Post by Byce »

I have a graphic card. I am installing a new driver right now and then we will see what happens :D I actually had the same shitty VIA integrated graphic card in both cpus and didnt know until now that it wasnt installed so thats probably why elma didnt work on any of my cpus!
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

new wrs Byce?
Last edited by Polarix on 26 Jan 2008, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Byce
Kuski

Post by Byce »

YEAH! :idea: It fucking works! time to play some elma and beat some WR's ;)
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

you should apply to MIT byce
Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Xratio
Kuski

Post by Xratio »

Byce wrote:YEAH! :idea: It fucking works! time to play some elma and beat some WR's ;)
Ooer. 8O
ring ring ring bananaphone
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Do you know if its possible to modify nickname in state.dat because gimp (in my team) got some better times with another nick and it makes stats wrong when he uploads on http://stats.elastomania.ru
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

sla, you made me lol whenever i read teh.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)