Mopolauta

Elasto Mania board
It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 16:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 2 Jul 2012, 16:56 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
Does anyone have HighQ Lgr with sky background in all levels?
I have HighQ Lgr but in some levels (29,40,41,48) i would like sky background.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 2 Jul 2012, 17:01 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 20:55
Posts: 1602
Location: Uppsala, Sweden.
I would like the normal default Balasz one with sky background in all levels. So, same as what he is asking for but with the pictures and sky, but just not that background so you have to exit eol and change settings to be able to höyl some levels.

_________________
Image
kartoffel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 2 Jul 2012, 18:12 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
eolconf.exe

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 2 Jul 2012, 18:53 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2002, 15:45
Posts: 1502
Location: on the roof
You cannot fix the issue with different LGR. You can either use eolconf to set default ground/sky on, but if you want to still have textures other than ground you can edit the elma.res directly with some hex editor for example, and define all the internals to use sky background.

_________________
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 2 Jul 2012, 19:40 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
eolconf solved the problem

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 2 Jul 2012, 21:42 
Offline
Moporator
User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2002, 08:05
Posts: 5333
Location: Oslo, Norway
I used this program back in the day: http://kopasite.net/up/yx4nvkm015s1we6/PropRepl.rar

This is Properties Replacer 1.0 by ASF, as shown here: http://www.moposite.com/stuff_programs.php
"Change the Internal Levels' back/foreground textures."

With it you can specifically select what background and foreground you wish to use for each internal level. I don't know if it works for other versions than 1.0, but once set, it will work for future versions. Worth a try anyway. The .exe file probably needs to be in your ElastoMania folder.

_________________
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 19:05 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
I downloaded the newest version of eol and the same bazals default lgr works different on my old eol and new eol. I mean in new eol i have default sky (ground is ok) on all levels although I turned off option 'default sky/ground' in eolconf.exe. The other thing is that in old eol bike hides behind some pictures (for example at Uphill battle start), whereas on new eol it doesn't. Why is that happening? It's not a matter of lgr because i used exacly the same in both.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 19:16 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2010, 00:25
Posts: 2743
Location: expensive land of dads
Not a matter of client version either, it hasn't been updated since 2010.

_________________
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 19:24 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
I downloaded my old client in september 2010 and it is called EOLBeta. I think the new one is different. EOL level pack was added and maybe something else changed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 19:49 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2002, 15:45
Posts: 1502
Location: on the roof
In eolconf.exe there is an option to tick 'Pictures in background', I believe this is the case. Default sky (and not default ground) is just impossible to have.

_________________
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 23:27 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
Pictures in background works. But i really have not default ground and default sky. Check screenshot. However on level 19 sky is not default on lower part of level (as it should be).
http://kopasite.net/up/1/snp00002.pcx

Edit: I figured it out. It's a matter of elmas.res file. Program SveinR posted edits elma.res file. I had elma.res in new eol that must have been edited. However this version of program doesn't work with my eol version. Does anyone have new version of this program so i can edit ground/sky in eol? I suppose it exists because mila somehow changed it in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7776Nzb0kw0

Edit: I know the solution. You need Elma.res file for Elastomania 1.0, change sky/background and then ResEdit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 15:02 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
I didn't want to make new topic so: Where can i dl Lgr development kit? Link on elastomania.com doesn't work.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 16:10 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2002, 15:45
Posts: 1502
Location: on the roof
Here.

_________________
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 20:06 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2009, 13:08
Posts: 1974
Location: Srdcom vychodniar
easy lgr is more convenient way of making/changing lgrs.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 1 Jul 2013, 13:53 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2009, 13:08
Posts: 1974
Location: Srdcom vychodniar
LINK

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 04:37 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 20:55
Posts: 1602
Location: Uppsala, Sweden.
How can I make levels like Framework have brick polygons but sky background instead of normal ground cp background?

_________________
Image
kartoffel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 08:25 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
Properties - Foreground - Brick - OK

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2013, 12:26 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 20:55
Posts: 1602
Location: Uppsala, Sweden.
in what program? can't change any of that in EasyLGR when I go to pictures: brick

_________________
Image
kartoffel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2013, 12:32 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2002, 13:59
Posts: 6293
Location: In a northern danish city beating YOUR record.
It has nothing to do with lgr, what madness mentioned is for making own levs I think. However in eol with default ground/sky turned off in eolconf I have brick foreground and sky background in framework (and others which had non sky background in non eol). I believe some bug in EOL elma.res. Discovered when I made EDQ and I asked some others and they had the same if I remember correctly.

_________________
Kopasite ^ 39 level packs and 1193 levels for your höyling pleasure
LaMe world of Kopa ^ Team LaMe
Elma Online ^ Moposite Records ^ Upload


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2013, 15:14 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
Oops, I read too fast.

You can extract pictures from your LGR using ALE, replace ground.pcx with brick.pcx, put it together using LGR_kit, set default ground/sky in eolconf and that's it.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2013, 17:30 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
I have better solution. I wrote about it before but maybe you didnt read. Sky/background is a matter of Elma.res file. You need to use program Properties Replacer. However it works only with Elma.res file for Elastomania 1.0. So you need Elma.res file for Elastomania 1.0. Then use PropRepl and ResEdit your Elma.res

Edit:
Btw: What is the diffence between:
1. ResEditing Elma.res file to Elastomania 1.2 and then to EOL 1.3
2. ResEditing Elma.res file directly from 1.0 to EOL 1.3 .

EOL works both ways but this page (http://wiki.elmaonline.net/Installing_EOL) says 'Make sure your Elma.Res file has been updated to version 1.2'. Also Elma.res files have different sizes if made different ways.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 20:55 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
Ok one more question about sky ground related stuff. In my elma sky background looks like is this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0bVTyZH5DE
I mean there is a line that divides the sky into two parts. Do you guys have the same? Why do i have it and how to remove it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 21:48 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2009, 13:08
Posts: 1974
Location: Srdcom vychodniar
yes, it is caused by sky original picture resolution. For example, if you are using 1366*768 reso, the sky background is formed by "sticking" multiple masks together. The sky mask is not done perfectly, so the edge is visible. This can be overcomed by making bigger sky picture, or making the sky picture fluent from bottom to top and from left to right. (bottom edge will have same colors as top edge, same with left-right.)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 22:09 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
Do you say i have to make other lgr to remove it? And i dont see this line here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-yXTknixqs
Was it removed that way or there is another reason?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 22:33 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2009, 13:08
Posts: 1974
Location: Srdcom vychodniar
you dont have to make whole new lgr, just extract sky.pcx (with simple lgr program or so..), and make it fluent. The sky on video is from HighQ lgr iirc, which was made fluent.
Easiest possibility is to extract this sky from HighQ.lgr and insert it into Default.lgr
Somebody correct me if i am wrong.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 02:36 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2010, 00:25
Posts: 2743
Location: expensive land of dads
I think that's not HighQ in the video, but some simpler fixed version of original sky.pcx with teh dog cloud.

_________________
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 08:23 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:04
Posts: 327
made this not long ago viewtopic.php?p=228432#p228432


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 09:47 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2002, 13:59
Posts: 6293
Location: In a northern danish city beating YOUR record.
badyl wrote:
Do you say i have to make other lgr to remove it? And i dont see this line here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-yXTknixqs
Was it removed that way or there is another reason?


The one used it that video is the one in my quote in the post totem links to.

_________________
Kopasite ^ 39 level packs and 1193 levels for your höyling pleasure
LaMe world of Kopa ^ Team LaMe
Elma Online ^ Moposite Records ^ Upload


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 11:08 
Offline
Kuski

Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41
Posts: 164
I don't understand what links you're taking about. And what lgr did you use in EDQ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 14:00 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 23 May 2002, 13:59
Posts: 6293
Location: In a northern danish city beating YOUR record.
badyl wrote:
I don't understand what links you're taking about. And what lgr did you use in EDQ?


http://kopasite.net/up/3/default.lgr

_________________
Kopasite ^ 39 level packs and 1193 levels for your höyling pleasure
LaMe world of Kopa ^ Team LaMe
Elma Online ^ Moposite Records ^ Upload


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 03:35 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
badyl wrote:
I have better solution. I wrote about it before but maybe you didnt read. Sky/background is a matter of Elma.res file. You need to use program Properties Replacer. However it works only with Elma.res file for Elastomania 1.0. So you need Elma.res file for Elastomania 1.0. Then use PropRepl and ResEdit your Elma.res

Any solution for this? I tried changing sky with Elma 1.0 but then elma.res doesnt works on EOL.

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 15:05 
Online
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 18:07
Posts: 688
Location: Oslo, Norway
Oh, this is interesting topic. I also have this weird thing where internals always have sky background. Seems like effort to fix, though, so I can't be bothered to.

_________________
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 17:01 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
Image

Are you sure it's unchecked?

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 20:44 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2016, 17:59
Posts: 295
internal sky/bg is changed in .res settings so you can still have any sky in externals but not in internals. i have that res so many people probably got the same from jappe2.net eol download, just recently learned about the res thing because i never play internals but im not going to change anyway because who teh fak wants to hoyl ints with brick background etc wtf

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 21:15 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
Vermin Supreme wrote:
internal sky/bg is changed in .res settings so you can still have any sky in externals but not in internals. i have that res so many people probably got the same from jappe2.net eol download, just recently learned about the res thing because i never play internals but im not going to change anyway because who teh fak wants to hoyl ints with brick background etc wtf

I changed my .res to this one but i still want to change brick to ground on others ints (without setting "Default ground and sky of course"), does anyone know how to?

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 21:51 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
You mean you only want default ground, not sky?

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 21:58 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
I want to have all internals with default sky and ground but not setting and option but having the level file with those properties. This means that id have internals like that but then on externals i can use stone1, 2, 3, brick, blabla.

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 22:51 
Offline
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2010, 00:25
Posts: 2743
Location: expensive land of dads
Nat totally suar what you mean but this probably does it http://old.moposite.com/programs/proprepl.zip

edit: Oh right, that prokram was alredi mentioned. I am a goldfish.

_________________
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 23:02 
Online
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 18:07
Posts: 688
Location: Oslo, Norway
Madness wrote:
Image

Are you sure it's unchecked?


Ye I'm sure. It also, like J2 said, only goes for internals and only the background. Externals can have other backgrounds.

_________________
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 23:05 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
Lousku: One solution could be that program working with EOL's elma.res so i can change only internals properties.

Ruben: Do u have brick where internals has brick (upside down, quick round)? If yes maybe you have jappe2 elma.res wich i tried and has def sky on all ints but not default ground.

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 6 Aug 2016, 23:39 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
Okay, now I understand everything. Ruben needs the 1.0 Elma.res: http://kopasite.net/up/6k7djnc421pgqwu/Elma.res (here default/non-default ground/sky works the correct and same way everywhere)

Sla needs to edit the 1.3 Elma.res from jappe2.net a little bit if it's possible. I have the program, but it doesn't work for me.

http://kopasite.net/up/b4qxd4d52g2mma7/ResEdit.zip

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 00:18 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
I have already resedit.exe but i cant use old elma.res or i dont know how to edit lev's properties. Maybe im wrong but i remember there was way to change this without any program, but i cant remember and im not sure. So if someone know how to do this, please tell.

Also i dont know why Ruben would need elma.res from Elma 1.0, in this notebook that .res doesnt work with EOL.

Thanks Mad

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 00:39 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
Sla wrote:
Also i dont know why Ruben would need elma.res from Elma 1.0, in this notebook that .res doesnt work with EOL.

Because it lets you play ints with non-default ground and sky. It does work with EOL, I have been using it ever since.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 02:30 
Online
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 18:07
Posts: 688
Location: Oslo, Norway
But why would I, though? Framework and Downhill are awful with ground sky. Headbanger and Double aren't so bad, but still better with sky.

I always wondered what was wrong with my Elma, but I honestly think it's better this way xD

_________________
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 09:36 
Offline
35mins club
User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2009, 10:51
Posts: 2069
Location: London, UK
Well, you wrote:
Ruben wrote:
I also have this weird thing where internals always have sky background. Seems like effort to fix, though, so I can't be bothered to.

So I thought you wanted to fix it to non-default.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 11:08 
Online
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 18:07
Posts: 688
Location: Oslo, Norway
Madness wrote:
Well, you wrote:
Ruben wrote:
I also have this weird thing where internals always have sky background. Seems like effort to fix, though, so I can't be bothered to.

So I thought you wanted to fix it to non-default.


Well yeah, but on second thought it's much better not to =P

_________________
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 13:38 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
Could anyone change on Uphill Battle brick to ground (elma 1.0 .res with PropReplacer), test it with EOL (so i know if it should work) and then share here? I did that but when i open EOL i get internal error, but Mad said it works on others comps.

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 15:57 
Online
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 18:07
Posts: 688
Location: Oslo, Norway
Sla wrote:
Could anyone change on Uphill Battle brick to ground (elma 1.0 .res with PropReplacer), test it with EOL (so i know if it should work) and then share here? I did that but when i open EOL i get internal error, but Mad said it works on others comps.


I would just go with default ground/sky in eolconfig for that.

_________________
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 16:31 
Offline
36mins club
User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2006, 03:34
Posts: 1282
Location: Argentina
Ruben wrote:
Sla wrote:
Could anyone change on Uphill Battle brick to ground (elma 1.0 .res with PropReplacer), test it with EOL (so i know if it should work) and then share here? I did that but when i open EOL i get internal error, but Mad said it works on others comps.


I would just go with default ground/sky in eolconfig for that.




Sla wrote:
I want to have all internals with default sky and ground but not setting and option but having the level file with those properties. This means that id have internals like that but then on externals i can use stone1, 2, 3, brick, blabla.


To change Uphill properties (so i can test elma.res) you need: elma 1.0 res http://kopasite.net/up/6k7djnc421pgqwu/Elma.res and PropReplacerhttp://old.moposite.com/pro ... oprepl.zip

_________________
ProgramsLgr'sLevelsElastomania Pack 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 7 Aug 2016, 18:06 
Online
Kuski
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 18:07
Posts: 688
Location: Oslo, Norway
Sla wrote:
Ruben wrote:
Sla wrote:
Could anyone change on Uphill Battle brick to ground (elma 1.0 .res with PropReplacer), test it with EOL (so i know if it should work) and then share here? I did that but when i open EOL i get internal error, but Mad said it works on others comps.


I would just go with default ground/sky in eolconfig for that.




Sla wrote:
I want to have all internals with default sky and ground but not setting and option but having the level file with those properties. This means that id have internals like that but then on externals i can use stone1, 2, 3, brick, blabla.


To change Uphill properties (so i can test elma.res) you need: elma 1.0 res http://kopasite.net/up/6k7djnc421pgqwu/Elma.res and PropReplacerhttp://old.moposite.com/pro ... oprepl.zip


Oh, so basically default ground/sky in internals only? That has to be pos yeah, but I dunno how :/

_________________
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group