Losing connection with high FPS

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Cfilorvy
Kuski

Losing connection with high FPS

Post by Cfilorvy »

When I set my Capture FPS in eolconf to any number higher than 250, I can play EOL, but I lose my connection.
When I turn back to 250 or lower, there is no problem.
I have tried this several times, just to see that it some random server-problem.

My internet-connection is very good, but my computer is rather old. OS is Win XP.

Anyone heard of this problem before and knows what to do?
TT: 42
abruzzi
Kuski

Re: Losing connection with high FPS

Post by abruzzi »

no but jonsykkel is just arriving to troubleshoot this
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

capture fps is how many frames it saves per sec when recordink recs with f1+enter. the other seting (fps limit) is just an fps cap, if want play with high fps just need to turn it and vsync off and computer will do as high fps as it can handle
and ye the 255+ thing is a bug
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

:D adjusted wrong fps setting, shit happens, at least easy fix for you then, sounded like strange problem.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

256 is common number limit in programming (0 counting as well), it being 2^8, mila probably didn't think anyone would want to make a video with more than 255 FPS ;) So anything higher creates some overflow in eol.exe where these values are stored, it fails the anticheat check and won't let you connect. Would be my guess anyway.