Can you recover corrupted levels?

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

danitah
Kuski

Can you recover corrupted levels?

Post by danitah »

This has happened a few times for me, usually not with serious levels but it happened with a lev I spent ~1h on. Losing 1h of levelmaking is not that bad but still it's kind of a level I can't recreate. So this is what caused it:

- I am using SLE to edit, I open elma to testplay lev, but I alt-tab right before touching flower.
- I open SLE again, make a few changes, save level, and start making a new level in editor.
- When I alt-tab back to elma, elma tries to save my best time on wrong version of level, to new version of level.
- Now when I try to open the level again, I get internal error in elma, and no editors I have found can open the level.

Here is a sample corrupted level: http://kopasite.net/up/40by5m5555jj1iy/corrupt.lev

Is this totally unrecoverable? If anyone manages to open/fix this level, please let me know how you did it.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: Can you recover corrupted levels?

Post by Mawane »

You can use radslevmaker to convert level to level. Had to resize it afterwards but worked. I'm sure there are 1000000000 other ways to recover it :)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

quikly maked a exe for fixing corupt levs
could be beter, wil improve later but works oke
http://morn.ink/elma/tools/levfix.exe
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Got most of level recovered thanks to jonsykkel! Lev was pretty messed up, but somehow he managed to recover everything except outer polygon (which was luckily not so important in lev). Big thanks to mawane too for trying to fix lev with me.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

The next version of Elmanager will be able to open this as well, with a warning message.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Awesome Smibu :beer: