More updates/sections/usability?

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

More updates/sections/usability?

Post by Abula »

A humble question: what would you see more on Moposite?

1 - More updates in current sections
2 - More sections
3 - More usability and desing improving

Currently those mean:
1 - Stuff, Links, LOM, Kinglist, Records, Forecasts
2 - Kuski gallery developing, Mopolauta new forum, at least two new secret sections
3 - New color themes, more valid XHTML 1.0, working text mode, new main page

I myself like 3 the most but I know you don't. There are lots of work in all those areas but if you were allowed to decide what should we concentrate on? Of course I would like to do those all but once again the time is limiting. There are much more to do but those are the most busy stuff.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
psy
pappamopo

Post by psy »

ooo i whane new color themes and usability improving.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

there's a lot of sections already, themes and desing stuff would be nice.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Abula wrote:Stuff, Links, LOM, Kinglist, Records, Forecasts
Updating existing sections should always be your first priority (in my opinion). I'm most interested in forecasts right now.
Abula wrote:Kuski gallery developing
Most of the work has been done, maybe you should try to call even more attention to it. I'm sure there are a lot of people who haven't signed up there because they haven't seen it.
Abula wrote:Mopolauta new forum
I still like the idea of a forum for locked threads.
Abula wrote:at least two new secret sections
Ooh. New sections are phun.
Abula wrote:New color themes
I dunno. Moposite in another color than green would feel very weird (I know, I tried changing it myself). If it's done well, then great.
I noticed something when I was viewing Moposite on a slightly too dark monitor some time ago, the background colors (green) are a bit too dark. Maybe it would be possible to brighten them up a bit?
Abula wrote:more valid XHTML 1.0
The only thing I've noticed is that you still use the style attribute to set the background colors of some cells.

Code: Select all

<td class="menu" style="background-color: #446A3A;">
I think it would probably be better to use classes and put the formatting in the style sheet. The best solution might be to have one class for all the different background colors.

Code: Select all

td.menu1 { background-color: foo }
td.menu2 { background-color: bar }
I haven't though much about it, so my theory might have fundamental flaws. If it's impossible to do for some reason, nevermind. :)
Abula wrote:working text mode
That's the Printable Version? I didn't know that it doesn't work (properly).
Abula wrote:new main page
What do you mean? Something else than news on the front page? An "entrance portal" or whatever you call those things?
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

more updates on current sections would be good
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

MagnusB wrote:
Abula wrote:Stuff, Links, LOM, Kinglist, Records, Forecasts
Updating existing sections should always be your first priority (in my opinion). I'm most interested in forecasts right now.
Then no time for other things.
MagnusB wrote:
Abula wrote:Mopolauta new forum
I still like the idea of a forum for locked threads.
Hm. I was thinking this n00b forum actually but...
MagnusB wrote:
I dunno. Moposite in another color than green would feel very weird (I know, I tried changing it myself). If it's done well, then great. I noticed something when I was viewing Moposite on a slightly too dark monitor some time ago, the background colors (green) are a bit too dark. Maybe it would be possible to brighten them up a bit?
Current green would be default. Other ones would be just new alternatives
MagnusB wrote:
Abula wrote:working text mode
That's the Printable Version? I didn't know that it doesn't work (properly).
Some errors here and there. Too many empty lines on some pages (terrible error!) but the biggest problem is that Kuski gallery doesn't support it.
MagnusB wrote:
Abula wrote:new main page
What do you mean? Something else than news on the front page? An "entrance portal" or whatever you call those things?
Yeap. Basic info. Only the "heavy users" read news. Most of our visitors are first time here and looking for only replays and levels. They don't check menu but read the center paragraph .. "BarTek produced new song, A Story About Jappo .. WTH?!" and close the browser.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Serj
Kuski

Post by Serj »

I agree on that. First time here shortcut (or something similar) should be on the front page. And all the heavy users of moposite can just bookmark the site with news section as first page.
Image TT: 46:28,27 | OLP: 31:59,52 | Höylä: 11:57,74 | Lost: 58:17,71
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Abula wrote: Mopolauta new forum
What's wrong with this one ?
No need to do if it takes long time, not many will use it I think.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

should allow us to run our own scripts and shit so we can mode it how we like,

wot are using like going to get out of having a secret forum?? is it necessary
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i would prefer keeping it simple:
no need ofnew design, no need for new sections, yea 3. more usability is good,and 2. more (quicker) updates in existing sections....
that would makeme happy
djacosmo
Kuski

Post by djacosmo »

I have an idea for a new part to the records section. As one of the many players on the verge of getting times in the top 100 and ave top 100 and an avid fan of statistics, i would like to see an option to generate a page that gives the 100th place for each level + average. This would give the time to aim for to get into the lists to put into excel spreadsheets. I have little idea about how the php thingy works, so am not sure how hard it would be to implement.

Thanks anyway, keep up the good work,

Drew
Image Are you n00b enough? Find out here "Kittens give Morbo gas"
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Records section is very poor nowadays and I hate it very much but this option it does support. Just seek a little bit more and you'll see the links to top100 for all levels.
djacosmo
Kuski

Post by djacosmo »

I'm not sure that we're speaking on the same wavelength, so I'll try and explain further. I know that you can generate a list with the top 100 people for each level in the one page, I've done that previously and its about a 2 Meg file which isnt so friendly for those on dial-up, but what I was suggesting was a list of only the 100th placed times eg:
1. Warm Up:
100. Umpire [RET] 14,31 18 August 2002
2. Flat Track:
100. Luke [KOGaFIM] 16,95 12 June 2003
3. Twin Peaks:
100. Jocke 19,86 18 August 2002
etc.
So that it can compared against my times, so I say: hmm need another 0.28 to get into warm up top 100 etc.

hope its more clear now,
Drew
Image Are you n00b enough? Find out here "Kittens give Morbo gas"
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Hm, yea. Those are those more advanced features which will be supported in the far future.
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

possibly a link for previous and next WR table in old WR tables section?
the weed fan club
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I like the idea. You never remember what was the old time, would be great to compare them easily.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:I like the idea. You never remember what was the old time, would be great to compare them easily.
Can't you just edit the URL? And to compare times there are http://www.moposite.com/lists/wr_stats/ ... pments.txt for.