lauta questions

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

lauta questions

Post by onlainari »

I dont remember the rules of lauta and if i reread i forget them and thus i dont know what im allowed to do here, so im asking few questions.

1.Can i add images to threads in all sections just like that ? It slows down loading the thread in some extenct.

2. Can ME and others who want to see mopolauta more precise statistics of users , see them ?

3. Are there any punishments ,if user is caught having more than one account/user here in mopolauta?

4. Anyone who wants is allowed to start a poll in non-elma related section on any topic? What if someone wants to start a poll that is related to elma, and Abula is in army, and magnusb is away,he simply cannot start an elma related poll,why is that ?
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Re: lauta questions

Post by Ky.Jelly »

onlainari wrote:3. Are there any punishments ,if user is caught having more than one account/user here in mopolauta?
chux got one week ban, ( which turned into something like 13 days) for having phantom user
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

First of all you can learn the difference between Problems and Feedback. Problems is for Elma-related problems, Feedback is everything concerning Moposite and Mopolauta (including Mopolauta problems).
onlainari wrote:1.Can i add images to threads in all sections just like that ? It slows down loading the thread in some extenct.
Adding an image here and there doesn't hurt anyone. Several huge images in one thread is a different matter. Remember that this is only a problem for people with slow connections, uploading images on others servers (only link directly to images, i.e with the [img] tag, if it is your own space or you have permission) doesn't tax Moposite's bandwidth. I think one of the reasons Abula doesn't want that many images here is that he himself is on dialup. ;)
onlainari wrote:2. Can ME and others who want to see mopolauta more precise statistics of users , see them ?
Only what you can see in the Memberlist. I have no idea what others statistics there are.
onlainari wrote:3. Are there any punishments ,if user is caught having more than one account/user here in mopolauta?
Yes. As Ky.Jelly said chux was banned for this. I asked Abula to ban Jonas for his phantom user (ZeroZint or something), but he hasn't done it yet. Xian (he made the Phoenix user, although it claims that he was just his "best friend ever!" posting from his computer) has asked to be banned permanently from both lauta and Moposite in general because everyone was making fun of him in #across.
onlainari wrote:4. Anyone who wants is allowed to start a poll in non-elma related section on any topic? What if someone wants to start a poll that is related to elma, and Abula is in army, and magnusb is away,he simply cannot start an elma related poll,why is that ?
Abula will have to answer why, I assume he did it to prevent poll spamming. Anyway, chances are good at least one of us (Abula, SveinR, me) is here. You can just send a PM or ask one of us on IRC and we'll make it for you (if it's a good poll question).
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Geh, Farin was gonna be a legend...
Anyway, yeah I got the most annoying ban ever...the day i was sopposed to be let back on latua, Ky got his 1000th post before me...I was let back a few days after making me the 4th instead of my rightful 3rd
Anyway, Ky is going crazy with posts recently anyway, so maybe he deserved it more...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

chux wrote:, Ky is going crazy with posts recently anyway, so maybe he deserved it more...
bs, check the posts per day dude, mine is dropping like a bitch on heat
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I did, ours have gone down loads since our 6.xx a day period, but youre still beating me
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

i never made 6 per day, you may notice ive been member for like 5 months longer
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Hmm, this is my 1339th post.... I passed 1337 without noticing, I'm crushed! :/

Anyway, this thread isn't about postcounts or post rates, someone ask some lauta questions.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

are there going to be anymore lauta styles available, caus i hate blue and im getting sick of green and red is just plain shit, o and its that shit time of there year again where there is no +13, maybe i mite just make it -11 this time
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

im wondering if you are aloud to have advertising in your signiture(no team or level)company type ?

Ive seen that someone has already done so :?
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

how does this schemetheme colorgame work?
When mopolauta came it was blue,it stayed blue for me until about last march, it suddenly turned to red, other ppl didnt notice it. I have had over half a year now red background here, did i change some settings of my own and how can i change that red back to blue if i want?
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

ok its means you changed your settings

to unchange this you got to your profile, not the silly info one, but the one at the top by the FAQ and PM box,

if you go down the list you will get to a option called "Board Style" there should be a drop down box next to it, choose your option and click submit,

subred is the shit one,
subsilver is the normal blue one
subtrail is the best one
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

onlainari wrote:
2. Can ME and others who want to see mopolauta more precise statistics of users , see them ?

Only what you can see in the Memberlist. I have no idea what others statistics there are.
there are vast 'mount of da statistic which i once saw for a little moment when abu showed them. They tell for instance a list of users in order who have posted the most per day, like kyjelly and chux is discussing here+ many other stats.

kyjelly: coal, i just changed the subtrail, yeah, i wish there were more themes true :)

Post by Guest »

HELP!!!!
(insane guy speaking):
i changed my email adress in profile and it said i have to enter my password.i did so and clicked submit.
now every time i go to mopolauta a popup comes up where i can select 2 times insane guy, it fills in insane guy and even if i retype my password
i cant log in!!!!
can someone help me pls?
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

waaahhh! stop dont think about it anymore... im sorry for being stupid...
i had for some reason deactivated my account and just had to check my mail...
everything ok now!
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Isn't RK's signature picture to big ??

http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewt ... 7092#37092
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

I don't know but why is it showing kopaka's host and ip address??
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

hmm, '.co.uk' is right, and I am using XP and IE6...but i dont think thats my IP...
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

ye me and some other guy were discussing that last nite, it picks up what browser your using and what os your suing and IP address, we have seen things like this before but this one wa kinda weird caus most if your using any browser that is a bi product of netscape it just comes up as netscape, well i was using firestorm and it came up firestorm, first time ever so it must be fooken kool

anyway that was a lot of i just woke up yabba, in that link dz thats what it will show, if you go and find one of his posts it will show you your info
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

1. Exactly what MagnusB told.

2. Profiles offer some stats too. phpBB has pretty poor statistics features without mods which I don't like to add because they mess the board.

3. Maybe people have noticed that the discipline of lauta has loosen and that's simply because I have got a bit fed up of moderating. Maybe later I give an admin status to someone else who can begin to moderate harder again.

4. Again MagnusB got it correct.

Ky.Jelly: not during my army at least. Would be coal if some dude designed a Moposite style. And that time issue was already debated, wasn't it.

Juble: hm..? Who, how?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Guest666

Post by Guest666 »

i've got a feeling that there's beeing a lot of unserious shadow-users in lauta right now... Isn't there a way to stop this?
even that px did bane a lot... then there came a lot of new
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Guest666 wrote:i've got a feeling that there's beeing a lot of unserious shadow-users in lauta right now... Isn't there a way to stop this?
how do u mean "that" px???
check ban list
39:37,91
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

he meant "even though px banned..."
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Guest666 wrote:i've got a feeling that there's beeing a lot of unserious shadow-users in lauta right now... Isn't there a way to stop this?
Hopefully there will stop coming new users of them, and hopefully they'll get tired of it eventually..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ