off topics

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

off topics

Post by ribot »

just how stupid it isnt that dz made his mopolauta quotes topic, and that it wasnt locked only because he is mop, i will make this more sensical topic, challanging the mods to see if they dare to lock it or keep it open.

but for some reason it is always allowed to tell ppl they are off topic, which is not on topic at all. it is like you would allow ppl to talk about tomatoes all the time, because tomatoes are all ppl think about. omg that made me think of someting very funny, but no one here will probably understand what i meant.

so now with dz's good old fashion, we can post urls to other topics in this forum, when they are off topic. hey it could really be good, to show the mods where to go and try to stop their life from being interesting.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
SveinR
Moporator

Re: off topics

Post by SveinR »

ribot wrote:just how stupid it isnt that dz made his mopolauta quotes topic, and that it wasnt locked only because he is mop.
dz wasn't a moporator when that thread was created.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Wonder how many threads ribot have to make about the same problem/topic. :wink2:
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

you're wrong svein. it's a new topic. but that's off topic. this topic is about off topics, such as this one of yours:
http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=3150

kopaka is also off topic in this topic, and confused about my other posts.
-
-
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

ribot wrote:you're wrong svein. it's a new topic. but that's off topic. this topic is about off topics, such as this one of yours:
http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=3150
I don't see how I was wrong or off topic in any of those examples, could you please tell me so I might understand you better?
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

this thread is supposed to be where you tell what posts are off topic, because so many ppl do that, even that it is not allowed to do that according to the rules. when you say dz isnt a moporator, you arent telling what topic is off topic, you are instead answering to some comment.

kopaka is doing the same thing.

you might think it's stupid to have to write somewhere else to answer to my comment, but this is exactly what i have to do when you lock topics.

you were doing the same thing on the other example, you were commenting on my post, when that topic was about where you did wrong when locking.
-
-
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

ribot wrote:when you say dz isnt a moporator, you arent telling what topic is off topic, you are instead answering to some comment.

you were doing the same thing on the other example, you were commenting on my post, when that topic was about where you did wrong when locking.
We just have different views on what "off topic" means, then. In my view it's not off topic at all to answer, by quotes, do a previous post in the thread, if what you are answering to is on topic. So since I replied to the initial post you made, which surely is on topic, in my view then, it would not be off topic to answer as I did there. However, if many more people would then answer to what I said, which wouldn't be on topic as you see it in the first place, and then others would again reply, and the thread would evolve to be about something completely different than what it was first meant to be about, then I would say the posts had become off topic. (omg that must mean this thread is moving towards becoming off topic)

PS: This post is not off topic.
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

or maybe it's more like you tried to find a reason to defend yourself, because you know very well what you're posting is not what the topic is about. you can like any politician pretend you're doing the right thing, and first when someone do it worse than you, say it is wrong.
-
-
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

ribot wrote:just how stupid it isnt that dz made his mopolauta quotes topic, and that it wasnt locked only because he is mop, i will make this more sensical topic, challanging the mods to see if they dare to lock it or keep it open.

but for some reason it is always allowed to tell ppl they are off topic, which is not on topic at all. it is like you would allow ppl to talk about tomatoes all the time, because tomatoes are all ppl think about. omg that made me think of someting very funny, but no one here will probably understand what i meant.

so now with dz's good old fashion, we can post urls to other topics in this forum, when they are off topic. hey it could really be good, to show the mods where to go and try to stop their life from being interesting.
Reminding about off-topic is not off-topic because it's an attempt to carry on the discussion on-topic. It's a gesture which achieves discussion continuing on-topic. It's neither off-topic or on-topic, it's something which is among good manners (to some extent).

What problem do you have with mopolauta quotes topic? Everything inside it is on-topic, as long as it's under the topic of the topic, quotes. The contents of the quote is irrelevant, as long as you find it entertaining.

Anyway, how could someone take you serious when you don't do practically anything else but off-topics by yourself?
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

dz wrote: Reminding about off-topic is not off-topic because it's an attempt to carry on the discussion on-topic. It's a gesture which achieves discussion continuing on-topic. It's neither off-topic or on-topic, it's something which is among good manners (to some extent).
not really. usually it is just a pointer that someone is doing sometihng wrong, which is not polite nor an efficient way to keep posts on topic. it is more a way to show you are important, know better, and shouldnt have to be bothered with ppl not doing what they are expected to.

mind you, on this thread, where i have stressed here that this discussion is off topic, because this topic is for telling what posts are off topic: you still keep the off topic discussion.
dz wrote: What problem do you have with mopolauta quotes topic? Everything inside it is on-topic, as long as it's under the topic of the topic, quotes. The contents of the quote is irrelevant, as long as you find it entertaining.
it's not a problem for me, even that you already made a LOL topic for funny posts, which is more than enough for sveinr to lock it.
dz wrote: Anyway, how could someone take you serious when you don't do practically anything else but off-topics by yourself?
how can i take you moderators seriously when you can't keep on topic on this crucial off-topic discussion? simply because there is no intelligence whatsoever in taking someone seriously or not for being on topic or not.
-
-
dudek
Kuski

Post by dudek »

Omg. (Sry for this post, but I had to comment it in this way at least ... :? )
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

ribot wrote:usually it is just a pointer that someone is doing sometihng wrong, which is not polite nor an efficient way to keep posts on topic. it is more a way to show you are important, know better, and shouldnt have to be bothered with ppl not doing what they are expected to.
It's a pointer indeed and of course it's efficient, it's like telling a kid who has forgotted to use crosswalk to use it. There's not really other choice if the kid itself doesn't realize it. It requires guidance.
ribot wrote: mind you, on this thread, where i have stressed here that this discussion is off topic, because this topic is for telling what posts are off topic: you still keep the off topic discussion.
Talking about off-topics is on-topic under this topic dealing with off-topics all over lauta. As simple as that. Or was your intention something else?
ribot wrote: it's not a problem for me, even that you already made a LOL topic for funny posts, which is more than enough for sveinr to lock it.
That's a good point, I didn't realize that until now. I'll fix something out of it. Thanks.