F-back to #battle operators, battlers and #battle designers

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

berhabdul
Banned

F-back to #battle operators, battlers and #battle designers

Post by berhabdul »

Maybe this post should be in "Is a ban just" topic, but not really, because i don't even know what is my ban for.

I just wanted to ask skint0r or any other battle operators why am i banned on #battle. The thing happened today, that is 11th of June 2006. I cannot know it, because i do not log any channel.

So, in my mIRC main window appeared the following inscriptions:

Code: Select all

-
[18:33.51] * You were kicked from #battle by skint0r (byez)
-
[19:26.36] #battle unable to join channel (address is banned)
-
Actually, I have no idea what it is for, because I do keep and know #battle rules. I couldn't have cheated, nobody could have sat in front of my computer, apart from me, because i had just left for an hour to study maths. I try to be polite, and helpful, I do also make wanted type of level for battlers when I am requested. Anyway, if I did something wrong just let me know what to make my punishment reasonable, because I do not find such reason as 'byez' fair. So, why am I banned?

Finally wanted to request operators not to ban this topic, because in near future it could be useful for others who want share their feeling with #battle designers, players or operators.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I can only say that i had the completely opposit problem once... i COULDN'T get banned... even if I wanted. I had to do something ILLEGAL to get a short ban. :wink:
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

This is probably the reason:
#battle wrote:[18:19:46] * battlebot sets mode: +m
[18:19:49] <battlebot> Results for saxbince.lev by jonsta [TAP]
[18:19:51] <battlebot> ----------------------------------------
[18:19:53] <battlebot> 1. Berhabdul 0:08,05
[18:19:55] <battlebot> 2. Markku 0:14,24
[18:19:57] <battlebot> 3. VADIK [LETO] 0:14,91
[18:19:59] * battlebot sets mode: -m
[...]
[18:32:53] * skint0r sets mode: +b *!*fgdf@*.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl
[18:32:53] * berh[WBD] was kicked by skint0r (byez)
You did not get 8,05, maybe you played the wrong lev and didn't notice, maybe you didn't. Markku should've won. And you didn't say anything afterwords, seems you just went away.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

he might've not been playing #battles at that time when logosts app submitted the time of some random external.. dunno really, just know it has some bugs
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

just Unban him, let him make a level for MARKKU only...and let markku win...make it fair...and besides....if he meant the time, he probably Found Some SUP0R DUP0R SPECIAL MAXX0R's STYLE!

also maybe there's the fact that anyone can beat Vadik....(Sorry mate)...and maybe Markku did the First try :wink: :lol:
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kestas wrote:he might've not been playing #battles at that time when logosts app submitted the time of some random external.. dunno really, just know it has some bugs
Well, he did play the previous battle which ended only three minutes before he submitted the time for this.

And what's "logosts app"?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

It's a program which automatically sends the time you make to #battle channel.

This is not a complicated situation here, imo berh didn't mongo on purpose. The reason you got banned is that Markku had a huge win streak on the go and, to someone who didn't know you made a mistake, it looked like a very deliberate way to annoy him.

Ez fix: cyre removes berh's win, Markku gets a nice streak, and berh comes back to balle again without stupid russian programs
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I whant logost's app
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

again, new lev comes (annoying lev & battletime 45 mins) and no-one are there aborting it.

This would be nice: !vote abort ; and when 5 votes has come, battle is aborted.
Seize the day
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Raven wrote:This would be nice: !vote abort ; and when 5 votes has come, battle is aborted.
This could ez be abused... aborting only coz they'd lose or something.. if u know what i mean. but still would be nice yaeH
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Xiphias wrote:
Raven wrote:This would be nice: !vote abort ; and when 5 votes has come, battle is aborted.
This could ez be abused... aborting only coz they'd lose or something.. if u know what i mean. but still would be nice yaeH
Just put instant ban if someone submits a time and then tries to abort the battle cuz theyre about to lose it.
Aborting should only be allowed as long as none has finished, or if the level is really messed up and impsy to finish. But I guess this could be abused too, 5 players think the level _looks_ impsy at first glance while for example Markku sees a possible way to finish, then Markku loses an easy battlewin when battle is aborted. Someone should do a + and - list for this.
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

Raven wrote:again, new lev comes (annoying lev & battletime 45 mins) and no-one are there aborting it.
This is a good example why you have to be careful giving out the aborting priviledges. "Annoying lev" is hardly a good reason for aborting. If it was, I guess we'd have to abort most of the battles. Even "annoying lev & battletime 45 mins" is not good enough. Maybe a ban for too much intentional idiotism with lev designing and battle arranging. With aborting, you have to be more careful though.

Guess what happened with that battle Raven was talking about? That annoying lev with too long battletime? After some 10 minutes of Raven and Jappe2 screaming for abort, Markku finished the lev and eventually won. I checked the lev when my nick was first hilighted 5 mins after start and in my opinion it wasn't impossible (not always easy to see, which is why it is a good thing that Markku can abort battles). Annoying, yes, but not impossible. So I didn't abort. And Markku didn't lose a battle win.

Don't get me wrong. It's a bad thing to make battles with idiotic levs (for example, 3 minute slalom lev with invisible polygons, killers and gravity apples here and there) and clearly too long battletimes (for example, 30min battletime for under 10s lev). No one should do that. But aborting levs that are possible to finish is wrong for those that can finish them.

But there's also the matter of time elapsed. If there's a 30 min finishable but some "genious" lev (see earlier examples) and 10mins have already elapsed, then it's probably a good idea to let the battle run since there are likely ppl that have been playing it for a while already, and are maybe even close to finishing it. But if it's been only few mins since start then it's easy to abort because ppl have played less time for nothing and very probably no one is even close to finishing yet.

So as you see, it's not so easy to abort battles. But banning ppl, however, is. If I see that someone has started a 10min battle on 3s lev few minutes ago, I'll ban the starter and let the battle run.

Of course my decicion is not the right one every time and I can't be watching the channel 24/7 and neither can anyone else. But I think the current system of giving the aborting right to few selected ppl is better than any other system suggested.
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."