IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

skint0r
39mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by skint0r »

Guardians of the Galaxy: 9/10
Was kinda skeptical about this, but got to admit I enjoyed it a lot. Nothing too surprising in it, but the characters, humor, visuals and general feeling of the movie made you not think about it as much, plus it wasn't too overly cheesy. Maybe really more of a 8/10 but adding some extra just for my overall enjoyment of it.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I commited the crime of watching Transformers: Age of extinction (2014), and have to admit it was the biggest gak from amogst the last 50 films I have seen, really bullshit material. Typical clichés EVERYWHERE, Michael Bay explosions as usual, no matter that there was some dull Imagine Dragons song, just a pretty+dumb girl, her handsome boyfriend, angry father, some robots and effects, Optimus+Bumblebee shit, tons of product placement (beginning with Chevrolet ending with Gucci and Victorias Secret), saving humanity in America once again, one funny, one weird and one dumb - ever present, stupid plot, tried to be humorous in retarded situations, firing from .45 gun while having intergalactic weapons all around, etc etc etc justholycrapwhatdidijustsee. 2/10

Also watched Brave (2012), The thing that is beautiful about this is the immediate first feeling of amazingly done graphics by Pixar+Disney. The water flow is just extreme, the Merida's hair is outstanding; really almost flawless work. Plus I [emphasize] LOVE [/emphasize] Scottish accent so much! If I watched this dubbed 2/3 of the charm would be lost, since the voice is so amazing here. Enjoyed every little bit of it. The only (and big) downside of this movie is the plot+length of the film. You can't do much in 93 minutes, so I already expected some very light noncomplicated plot, and I was right. This makes it a bit less of a movie, but it is still good. When evaluating heavily subjectively, I would give even 8, however, taking everything into account, I have to give it 6/10. But still worth watching, for the graphics / scottish at least
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Kings of Summer: 6/10
Very meh overall. Felt like there was no real drive or anything of interest in the entire movie.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

American Hustle (2013): 6/10 When it came out a year ago, it was a big fuss around this movie, how great it is and whatever. Well I watched, it's well done, but I can't say that I liked it somewhat especially very much. Russell's films are more about the personalities rather than about the plot. I could even say that I liked SLP a bit more (gave it 8/10).
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Boyhood: 6/10
Eh, don't quite know about this one. It was pretty oke and had its own little charm. I could appreciate it for what it was trying to do/be, but ultimately I didn't really get into it quite on the level needed in order to truly appreciate it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Fatso: 6/10
Quite wategak movie, but kept entertained so oke.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

skint0r wrote:Fatso: 6/10
Quite wategak movie, but kept entertained so oke.
It's quite fun to watch as a group. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate it cringe.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Fatso is the best comedy forever
ToMaT
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Book Thief: 3/10
Wow, this was so horrible and cliche filled. Pretty much hated everything about this movie, but seems I'm very much in the minority with that opinion. Felt incredibly hollow and fake to me somehow.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Swades: We, the People: 6/10
Was oke, but really just another one of these Indian movies with overly long runtime that's only so high up in the ratings because of idiath people voting high on anything from their own country.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The World's End: 6/10
Kinda underwhelming. A few laughs here and there, but the whole movie felt rather pointless and never really took off.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:The Book Thief: 3/10
Wow, this was so horrible and cliche filled. Pretty much hated everything about this movie, but seems I'm very much in the minority with that opinion. Felt incredibly hollow and fake to me somehow.
Did you read the book?

Guardians of Galaxy (2014): 7/10 Okey Marvel.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Better and less cheesy than expected. Had to see why Jennifer Lawrence won an Best Actress Oscar from this and after watching I think she really was deserved it.
8/10
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Interstellar 9/10 - it made me feel real fricking emotions. Friend, she was sitting next to me, cried 3 timez. The other friend didn't really like it, but she admitted that she didn't really get it. So I think, if you can comprehend the galaxy traveling, 4th dimmension and shit, you'll like it. I did. P.S. Being in cinema rly helps with teh experience. It always does for me.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Predestination: 6/10
He oke I guess. Not mega surprise anything there, but still felt like didn't really gave any real conclusion in the end so meh.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Dil Chahta Hai: 5/10
Pretty mediocre and overrated. Felt kinda shallow plot-wise, like everything was supposed to be liek mega feel-good, but just felt completely flat and uninspiring instead.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Edge of Tomorrow (2014) 6/10
I didn't expect anything Uber from this, but I guess it was oke action movie. It has some flaws in plot, but teh is bound to happen when you start experimenting with time and sach.
Tom Cruise (again) ending this with handful of grenades, just like in War of the Worlds.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Also no, unread book thief. Now shitty movie made me not want to either, even though I'm sure could be good.

Crna macka, beli macor: 5/10
Was about ready to ragequit during the entire first half of this, specially since everything so far had reminded me of the torture that was his other high rated movie: Underground -- maybe one of worst movies I ever saw. It picked up a little bit during the second half though, and at least I was able to enjoy it a little bit with the whole conclusion and stuff in the end. Still extremely meh though.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: 3/10
Barely managed to finish this really, was super boring to me. There were some cool ideas in it, but the movie as a whole was just kinda lackluster.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - x/10
Really uninteresting movie. Managed to stay awake the first hour but then ran out of Coke and soon thereafter fell asleep waking up to occasional explosions (or my gfs elbows) only to fall asleep soon again. Can't really put a rating on this since missed so much of it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Starred Up: 8/10
Thought this was pretty great, way better than expected. One of those movies that kept me interested from the first second and kept me hooked through the end.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Beneath the Planet of the Apes: 3/10
I enjoyed the first Planet of the Apes movie back in the day, this first sequel however was a pretty poor follow up. Completely wategak story, with some taped on metaphorical moral shit that they already dealt with in the first one anyway.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Play: 8/10
Thought this was pretty good, better than expected. Felt like quite a real movie despite it being filmed with actors in a sort of documentary/observing fashion, and the movie made you feel something, whatever that feeling would be for you seeing this.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Now you see me (2013): 7/10 Not as great as the Prestige was, but I like the things that are misdirecting people in several ways. Watchable, pretty fine.

Edit:
John, is it possible to update the first post of this thread? My imdb and My stats
Dunno about all links, but some links there are broken.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Snowpiercer: 2/10
While I didn't have any particular high hopes for this, I assumed it would be partly interesting and an ok movie at the very least. Oh how wrong one can be... The story seemed cool, but this was a complete piece of shit to me. Horrible camera work, inane story and events with completely retarded people. I think similar in the way I can't stand the Hunger Games movies; the story/people border on trying to appear realistic, but also at the same time trying to be a fantasy/surreal movie. I just hate it. Might as well given it a 1-star rating, but the only thing making up for anything at all here is the core idea of the movie. Too bad it was such a piece of garbage of an attempt.

Also aaaaayoooo:
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

skint0r wrote:Snowpiercer: 2/10
i agree that the movie was complete shit
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Whiplash (2014) - 7/10
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Chak De! India: 6/10
Pretty formulaic sports team movie, nothing super revolutionary or special about it, but overall it was oke at least.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Scent of a Woman: 8/10
Liked this a lot. Had a nice feel to it and it was easy to get hooked to the story and events until the end. Maybe a bit overly melodramatic ending, but the rest of the movie wasn't like that so whatever. Maybe more of a 7.5ish movie if nitpicking about details and how it could have been done a lot better in some areas, but overall I enjoyed it so fuket.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

skint0r wrote:Scent of a Woman: 8/10
Liked this a lot. Had a nice feel to it and it was easy to get hooked to the story and events until the end. Maybe a bit overly melodramatic ending, but the rest of the movie wasn't like that so whatever. Maybe more of a 7.5ish movie if nitpicking about details and how it could have been done a lot better in some areas, but overall I enjoyed it so fuket.
I agree, this is a very enjoyable film and imo deserves more attention.
36 club since 02/2024
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Zero wrote:I agree, this is a very enjoyable film and imo deserves more attention.
Felt very similar to Intouchables in many things, but Intouchables is a fair bit better imo!
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

skint0r wrote:
Zero wrote:I agree, this is a very enjoyable film and imo deserves more attention.
Felt very similar to Intouchables in many things, but Intouchables is a fair bit better imo!
Hmm in a way yes :o damn great acting in all of them, that's for sure! My ratings for both are 8/10 if I remember correctly
36 club since 02/2024
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Gravity (2013): 7/10 I don't get all the fuss around this movie. OK, maybe it is kinda necessary to spy in 3D to have the desiring overwhelming effect. The things I liked the most were the damn long sequences, makes you so comfortable. As a close friend of an astronomer, I find some of the stuff pretty inaccurate, the worst and most spottable is SPOILER
the death of Kowalski. Newton's first law should apply so after they mainained all the tension, he wouldn't just drift away, there was no force to make him do so.
But oke movie, would like to 3D this.

Prisoners (2013): 8/10 Disgustingly enjoyable movie. Good Hugh acting.

The Great Gatsby (2013): Well I liked the overall glamour of this movie, everything made so bright and colourful, however I dislike most of the lovestories in movies, so.. But I know, I know, it's according to book and gak, but still... I enjoyed LdC's acting, the narrator was fine, overall fine film.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead: 4/10
Probably very clever and well done, but couldn't really enjoy it much. There were some good scenes and the idea was fantastic. Think you need to know Hamlet a fair bit to enjoy all the nuances though.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

If in average a movie is 105 mins in length, skint0r has been watching movies for a total of 219 days =D
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bjenn wrote:If in average a movie is 105 mins in length, skint0r has been watching movies for a total of 219 days =D
Now do the same thing with Elma battles and half the people here... =P
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Fantastic Mr. Fox: 6/10
Just kinda oke, nothing super special or interesting about it, but neither terrible in any way. Oke?
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

skint0r wrote:Fantastic Mr. Fox: 6/10
Just kinda oke, nothing super special or interesting about it, but neither terrible in any way. Oke?
Sach didn't get that movie. I thought it was really boring, not charming in any way, and all I heard was George Clooney :(

Thinking about seeing La Strada tonight. skint0r seen teh I guess? Opinions?
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

John wrote:Sach didn't get that movie. I thought it was really boring, not charming in any way, and all I heard was George Clooney :(

Thinking about seeing La Strada tonight. skint0r seen teh I guess? Opinions?
Sach basik Wes Anderson I think, either enjoy or not get at all. All his movies I've either liked a fair bit or hated completely. Though at least the ratio of love/hate is pretty good, only disliked Darjeeling and Bottle Rocket so far, and only need to see Rushmore as the final one of his.

La Strada I saw a long time ago, gave some 7/10, only Fellini I liked a little bit at least, of the ones seen. Though I have a feeling I wouldn't like it quite as much if I saw it again today, maybe taste changed a little bit. If you ever saw and liked any other Fellini like 8½ or Le notti di Cabiria etc, then probably will like this too.

Edit: Also yes, Clooney max vtf voice. Think they did really poor selection of voice actors in it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

La leggenda del pianista sull'oceano: 3/10
Was excited for this, but lost all hope almost instantly after starting it. Poor acting and writing, super cheesy lines and events, unreal characters and just blah. Almost unbelievable that the same guy behind this also made the masterpiece Cinema Paradiso, one of the very few movies I rated 10. Oh well.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:La leggenda del pianista sull'oceano: 3/10
Was excited for this, but lost all hope almost instantly after starting it. Poor acting and writing, super cheesy lines and events, unreal characters and just blah. Almost unbelievable that the same guy behind this also made the masterpiece Cinema Paradiso, one of the very few movies I rated 10. Oh well.
I found this movie very interesting tho, the piano fights and the music in this movie is imo pretty damn good.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

La Strada - 6/10
Wasn't like I thought it would be but now I've finally seen it. Characters behaved strange to me. Perhaps it was the italian mentality, perhaps it was the 50's, but I was just waiting for the movie to pick up speed. Instead the plot kinda wandered off without much of a goal. Still I wanted to see what happened next, so I guess it maintained my curiousity.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

How to Train Your Dragon 2: 6/10
If you liked the first one then you'll probably like this too I guess, at least I rated them both the same. Just oke stuff, nothing super special, but enjoyable enough if bored and need something to watch.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Reprise: 6/10
Just totally oke movie, but probably not quite as enjoyable if un-norgemans. Not mega, but not bad either, okeee.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Begin Again (2013): 7/10 I think I am starting to be too sentimental.
I love music, its half of my life. I can imagine myself doing this stuff my whole life.

Despicable Me (2010): 4/10 Very mediocre. Boring as hell, not even funny. I laughed maybe twice at most. The animation was imo bad. Very much considering if gonna watch second part.

Boyhood (2014): 9/10 This film took so much dedication, it is just amazing piece of work. It is not like top-notch everything, however, there are some strong camera moves, I found it having a very good screenplay, and even the message is great, the life of a boy growing to a man, as well as contemplating about the life itself, purpose of humanity and sach. Recommending this, even it is pretty long (165 min).
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Maze Runner: 4/10
Very predictable and poor story, idea completely wasted as usual. Feels like if you like Hunger Games then maybe you will like this too, since even if the events and main story are different, it feels pretty much like the same type of movie and overall feeling. Didn't enjoy much of this at all, maybe close to a 3 rating movie instead, specially with the shitty ending. Without spoiling too much, let's just say if you want an actual ending in your movies, then wait with watching this until they finish the 1, 4 or who knows how many sequels they'll try to milk out of this franchise.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Quiz Show: 5/10
Was kinda disappointing. Not directly bad in any way, just very average, and nothing more. Maybe oke if bored I guess.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Gentlemen - 5/10
A bit slow but still quite decent. Was afraid Sverrir Gudnason would destroy it since most of his performances are over-acted but the movie was saved by David Dencik. Gudnason was even OK. But still not my cup of tea so that's why 5/10.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Watched bot Amazing Spidermans (2) and gave both 7/10, just because it felt marvelish and I enjoyed it.

Noah (2014) 4/10 Well, I started to watch this with "This is just based ond Bible" attitude, and it was pretty hard to maintain it until the end. But I liked some little features of this, however, it came to me a bit boring, and too much fantasidiotic.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia: 4/10
Had some potential in the plot itself, but mediocre movie overall with the same cliche horror shit as usual.

Safe House: 5/10
Basik idiath government conspiracy annoying shit about hunted guy etc. Just barely oke.