IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by John »

Big Eyes - 6/10
Written on my phone, orka make imdb link.
Generous 6, took me a while to get into Amy Adams' acting as she always over-act imo. Christoph Waltz fit better in his role but they had no chemistry together. Nice biopic though.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Into the Woods: 5/10
Not terrible, just kinda way too boring. Anna Kendrick +1 bonus though.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

The Drop

8/10
I'm a sucker for movies with good characters and I think that Tom Hardy always nails a good performance. I enjoyed the plot too but Hardy did it for me.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Thin Blue Line: 3/10
Maybe not in the right mood for this or just too tired, but found it incredibly boring and not very engaging at all.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

niN wrote:The Drop

8/10
I'm a sucker for movies with good characters and I think that Tom Hardy always nails a good performance. I enjoyed the plot too but Hardy did it for me.
I don't know the actor much, but yea I enjoyed the movie more because he pulled of an amazing performance!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Wuthering Heights: 4/10
Haven't read the book, so no idea how close it is to it, nor how it is compared to any of the other movies that has been made of this story. This movie however was rather boring. Unsympathetic characters, which obviously is the point of the story in the book, or so I imagine it to be. There was just no interest in them either way for me, everything was just kinda meh oke whatever uncare.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Nightcrawler (2014) - 7/10 Jake Gyllenhall is so strange actor that it is entertaining to watch him... The movie has some back morals which is always appretiated.

50 Shades of Grey (2015) - 3/10 Watched clearly for research and enlightenment purposes.
I can't say it was unwatchable, actually, the first 45 mins were pretty normal start of romantic movie, some awkward situations (almost got hit by a biker on street, oh my, he saved me! or I got a surprise for you - helicopter!), and just then it started to get "nasty", but was far weaker than expected. Nakedness here and there, whipping asses several times (her boobs were basic, her vagina shown maybe once (not sure if ever), his penis not even once), but mostly, it is just about Him being a selfish complexed bastard and Her trying to make him speak about his past unsuccessfully. The best of all is Ellie Goulding's soundtrack. Camera isn't that horrible, dialogues are somewhat cliché, but sometimes pretty funny. Just like romantic movies usually are. All in all, what is so exceptional about the movie? Only the fuss around it and some explicit scenes shown and the whole being released in public...
To compare it with Black swan - Imo BS was more naughty even there wasn't so much exposed, and was much more art-style than this. This is just very mediocre romance with sweet music during naked bdsm scenes.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief: 6/10
Just oke documentary, nothing too new really. I guess maybe it's interesting if you haven't read much about scientology previously. Crazy and retarded people etc., but kinda repetitive documentary in the end and doesn't really go anywhere.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Fargo - 8/10
Very good movie in every aspect of movie making.

Home - 4/10
Pretty average animated movie. It's lacking that level of writing that makes it appealing to all ages. It had some funny scenes but after half the movie I fell asleep and struggled to stay awake during the remaining part of the movie :(
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Song of the sea (2014) - 5/10 Beautifully animated, in such style I like, felt as an art. However, the whole idea was lame, uninteresting and sach. But for the graphic awesomeness I give 5.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Fast & Furious 7 - 8/10
Wow best furious movie in a long while, beautiful end. So heavy action, I had very nice dreams last night!!! :beer:
Paul Walker <3
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

skint0r wrote:Wild: 5/10
Pretty cheesy and uneventful. Whole movie is just basically a retarded naive girl trying to hike in the wilderness and failing at every simple thing you'd probably try to be aware of before heading out on such a trip. Someone too stupid to even fill up her water bottle when given the chance, let alone keep more than just one while hiking in the fucking desert. Every minute there is some flashback to her previous life, the entire movie is just back and forth telling random glimpses of her life then failing at some hiking, repeat over and over.
Skintor is so damn precise in this. I just gave it 4 cause the end tried to "tell you something" and failed pretty hard.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 8/10 the best grotesque I have ever seen, was pissing my pants as I was laughing. Great.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Vyšší Princip [Higher Principle] (1960) - 8/10 The story is about a high school in the Czech Rep. during occupation by Nazis (protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia). The martial law applies, Gestapo is taking and executing people at random just to keep people scared, etc. Three students are taken, and are soon to be executed. How will others handle this situation?
I like existentialistic movies, studying how people react in extreme situations, who turns out as a coward, who shows bravery, etc... And as well these movies do not necessarily end up with happy ending...

Divergent (2014) - 7/10 I know this is like typical "Young Adult" movie, but I found it really lightweight and easy to watch, I quite enjoyed it, maybe some classic small-talk issues. Plot pretty predictable, and I can't say how well it sticked to the buuk since I didnt read it. It didn't try to be as epic as Hunger Games are trying (and failing), so you could just watch and have fingers crossed for the main characters and enjoy the film eating dorritos. And I love dystopian movies and I am looking forward to seeing Insurgent.

Penguings of Madagascar (2014) - 6/10 Well, I had a lot of laughs, was funny in immensely cute (if you know what I am talking about). However, didn't find it 7-or-higher-worthy. It is just an ok movie to watch and that's all. I guess I am more looing forward to seeing Minions.

Memento (2000) - 8/10 I liked it, was entertaining till the end.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Joe: 5/10
Pretty mediocre average movie. Considering it has the awful Nic Cage it wasn't too bad. Just felt like another different take on Mud, which was slightly better.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

It's been a lot lately, sorry for the longpost.

Trainspotting (1996) - 5/10 Like OK, but I mean, well, didn't kinda get the "flick" of the movie.

Scarface (1983) - 7/10 Hoho, very fun movie, I like Al Pacino and his mafioso films.

The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - 7/10 I liked the thrill, but I realised that Jodie Foster has terrible voice. Just couldn't bear it. At least Hopkins saved the day.

Lucky Number Slevin (2006) - 7/10 Watched two times, the first time it was wonderful, to see the revealing of the plot. The second one was wonderful, to see it with plot already revealed.

The Magnificent Seven (1960) - 6/10 Even it is an adaptation of Seven Samurai, it just feels good to watch these oldies goodies.

Catch me if you can (2002) - 8/10 Great! Funny and well made.

Ratatouille (2007) - 7/10 Lovely, the feels are real.

The Nightmare before Christmas (1993) - 5/10 It is somehow worth watching for the sake of some strange kind of art, but I find it more disgusting than I probably should. Don't like this wicked kind of Tim Burton's movies.

The Incredibles (2004) - 5/10 Not as incredible, but still OK animated picture to watch. Not that funny or amazing graphix, but whatever.

Dances with Wolves (1990) - 8/10 I love Kevin Costner's slow-paced films, it just makes me chill and enjoy every part of it.

Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) - 3/10 I have no idea why would anyone want to make this film, or even be an actor in such a film. I find this a piece of crap.

Shrek 1 (2001) - 9/10 Still one of the best animated movies out there. Can rewatch any time.
Shrek 2 (2004) - 9/10 Very improved GFX and maintained the funnyness of it all.
Shrek 3 (2007) - 4/10 Total overkill of the series.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (2008) - 8/10 The feels are strong in this one. I like the concept of viewing it reversed, from the German side and whatnot.

The Name of the Rose (1986) - 7/10 Good good, I like the Eco style :)
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

John Wick (2014) - 7/10
Very nice assassin movie, kill em' all! Blood spatter plz.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Children of Men (2006) - 9/10
cinematography in this movie is mindblowing
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

5tr1k3r wrote:Children of Men (2006) - 9/10
Yes. o,o Should rewatch sometime.

Seten 8/10
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Children of Men has great direction. I especially like that 11 minute shot.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Lousku wrote:
5tr1k3r wrote:Children of Men (2006) - 9/10
Yes. o,o Should rewatch sometime.

Seten 8/10
It's Seven lol xD
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Bjenn wrote:It's Seven lol xD
For real?? Are you positi7e??
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Lousku wrote:Seten 8/10
Haha I see what you did there.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

It Follows - 6/10
Liked the mood although I dislike horror movies. The concept has a few similarities to The Ring but still this felt somewhat fresh. Decent movie overall.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - 3/10
So bad but watched it with the right kind of crowd so still got a few laughs out of it.

Also tried watching Child 44 but fell asleep half way through.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 5/10
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Ruben wrote:
What exactly did he do? Se(ight) out of ten ? 8/10
Or that the 7 looks more like a "T" than a "v"?? Tell plz
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bjenn wrote:
Ruben wrote:
What exactly did he do? Se(ight) out of ten ? 8/10
Or that the 7 looks more like a "T" than a "v"?? Tell plz
In the title the movie Seven is written as Se7ev. The v is a 7, clever. However, 7 in 13375p33k is t. So Se7en becomes Seten.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014) - 6/10
Better than expected

Touching the Void (2003)- 7/10
Good documentary

The Lion King (1994) - 10/10
I could watch this anytime, gives me chills

The Water Diviner (2014) - 8/10
Surprisedly very good movie, enjoyed it all

Final Destination 2 (2003) - 2/10
I can't even say how bad FD movies are. Slept for half of the movie
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Final Destination movies sach classic, at least the first ones =)

American Sniper (2014) - 8/10
Exceptionally made movie!
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

I would say Final Destination movies require a specific mindset to watch, you don't enjoy same things you would enjoy in other movies. They are self-aware and entertainingly trashy, that's all there is to it.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I completely understand FD movie mindset, but those movies arent even well acted, dialogues are stupid, situations are awkward, bloody scenes aren't even gross...
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Feuchtgebiete: 5/10
Somewhat funny and semi-interesting movie with impsy dream girl, but it's not really that good in the long run. Somewhat pointless and a bit all over the place.

American Sniper: 6/10
Pretty much what you expect of this type of movie, entertaining enough to watch through at least. Nothing too unexpected or ground-breaking, so not really a great movie besides some mindless action/thriller feeling.

Camp X-Ray: 5/10
Sort of felt like you didn't get any satisfaction by the end of the movie, like it could have been a lot more interesting and focusing on different things. Sort of alright though. All hating on Kristen Stewart, but I think she's pretty NAJS.... So: NAJS.

Fifty Shades of Grey: 2/10
Didn't read book(s?), no idea how they compare. Fucking terrible. Unbelievably unrealistic characters and events, everything so stupid. Was at least expecting some BDSM, but all you see is the girl ragequitting after being spanked like 6 times, real hardcore stuff there. Idiot movie.

Taken 3: 4/10
Pretty terrible, if you've seen the previous ones you know what to expect more or less. Just some cash cow with no meaning behind it.

My Sister's Keeper: 4/10
Overly melodramatic movie, super sweet hollywood flavoring. Don't like Cameron Diaz either.

Bet Raise Fold: 6/10
Somewhat interesting movie if you have any interest in poker at all or are familiar with this kind of stuff.

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau: 7/10
Never saw the actual movie this is about, but really loved seeing this one. Lots of crazy funny stuff, getting a glimpse from the different actors working on this and hearing all the crazy stuff that took place. Worth a look if you're into any documentary stuff about movies.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Thought Crimes: 6/10
Pretty oke documentary about this case, nothing too revolutionary or super exciting, but an interesting case anyway.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Ex Machina (2015) - 3/10 Completely uninteresting shit.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Style Wars 9/10 Very najs documentary on graffiti. Some mans might enjoy it from a lev design perspective.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence): 1/10
The first movies were already pretty bad, not to mention overrated regarding their shock value, but maybe I'm desensitized about that stuff, who knows. This third movie is on a whole different level of shittyness, it really has absolutely nothing of value and felt like it was just done as a joke, which is saying something considering how the first movies were terrible enough already.

Particle Fever: 6/10
Somewhat interesting documentary, but was done in a kind of shallow way. Would have been more interesting if it had more about the actual theories and ideas about everything, even if you wouldn't understand it all. Instead it was kind of fluffy and melodramatic, trying to be something that didn't make much sense. Not to mention the overlayed music is absolutely obnoxious and ruins a lot of the exciting moments in the movie, trying to add some sort of suspense or drama to the whole thing, but just ends up feeling retarded.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Tales of the Grim Sleeper: 7/10
Pretty najs documentary about fucked up situation, was quite interesting all the way through. Had kind of Louis Theroux feeling.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Kung Fury

BEST MOVIE 2015!!!!

Full Film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

San Andreas (2015) - 7/10
not bad disaster movie :)
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

KUNG FURY was fucking amazing. Like 6 ppl told me to see it :D and it rly is worth it. 9.99/10
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Something is wrong with this world *sigh*

Sharknado 2 (2014): 10/10 Amazing. 1/10 actually. Complete BS
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bludek wrote:KUNG FURY was fucking amazing. Like 6 ppl told me to see it :D and it rly is worth it. 9.99/10
KUNG FURY is the best fucking movie I've ever seen. 11/10 would watch again and again and again. I was aching from all the laughing. A million Oscars would not do it justice.

Seriously, guys; watch it! Now!
<nick-o-matic> niec

Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Ex Machina (2015) - 6/10
Interesting and a bit thrilling in some parts, but more slow and kind of just weird.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Interstellar was veri najs entertainment. I'm suar anyone who knows anything about physics etc had many nice cringe moments, but it's entertainment. Nice visualization of... teh... Also Hans Zimmer took something from Philip Glass and it was veri fitting, so bonus points for music. Anyway, I put 9/10
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Lousku wrote:Interstellar was veri najs entertainment. I'm suar anyone who knows anything about physics etc had many nice cringe moments, but it's entertainment. Nice visualization of... teh... Also Hans Zimmer took something from Philip Glass and it was veri fitting, so bonus points for music. Anyway, I put 9/10
koyaaaaaaaaaaaanisqatsi
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

The Imitation Game 8/10
I enjoyed watching it the entire time and the acting was great.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Jurassic World (2015) - 8/10
Over expectations! Very entertaining and just the right mood. Both thrilling and funny moments.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

San Andreas Quake (2015) - 2/10
Mistook the San Andreas movie with this one, and holy shit how bad it was. Like, you don't even realize how badly made it is!

Acting bad, the animations are so terrible, they made a scene with two hippos and Dreamwork's hippo in Madagascar is 10 times more realistic than these.
On top of that they used a real photographed giraffe in the same scene that was taken from the savanna =DD

Like wtf!?! It hurt to keep watching it but I still wanted to see how this awful movie ended, fortunately the movie was quite short, a bit over 1h.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Jurassic World (2015) - 7/10
slow start but then fun) especially liked the good secret dinosaur who saved all
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

The Machinist (2004) 7/10
okis movie, especially if you liked The Double (2013) (like 7.5/10 for me);
museum hit is recommended ;)
Image Image