A.K.B. Comes to Europe!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

A.K.B.
37mins club

A.K.B. Comes to Europe!

Post by A.K.B. »

Hello all!

This December I am coming to Europe with my youth orchestra playing a huge amount of pro repertoire (including one of my pieces!). Afterwards, I plan to do some travel around Europe, including Scandinavia if possible, bringing the gf along. :)

If anyone has any suggestions (or might be able to spare a mattress for a night ;) ;) ) then drop a message! I've never been before, so it could make for some good times, finally meeting some Elma guys after playing for over 10 years! Perhaps some can all come for a meet together at a bar or such? :O Many finmans if I remember correctly...

Tour ends 20 December, and I'll likely be running around Europe until the first week of Jan. I understand it will be cold... <3

:)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
milagros
Cheatless

Re: A.K.B. Comes to Europe!

Post by milagros »

if you end up in zurich, we can go for a beer
edit: I have an empty room if you want to stay
edit2: i checked the dates and it's quite likely i won't be around
Last edited by milagros on 22 Aug 2017, 09:07, edited 2 times in total.
[carebox]
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

If you'll come to Czech Republic, Prague, I have a very comfy sofa bed in my apartment and I'll be thrilled if you and your gf could stay for a night or so. So you can put that into your calculations ;)

During Xmas holidays I'm gonna be most likely at my parents' house, but any other day is fine.

Also please share dates and cities where you'll gonna perform w/ orchestra as soon as they are available, thx :)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Berlin couch also available for sure!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

poznan in poland sees no trouble for AKB with his gf to come!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Musicman come to visit? If you're in Oslo then I'd love to meet you, my gf might object to random internet mans staying over, however. Although, if you have nowhere else to sleep I'm sure I can convince her =D
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I would love to meet up, and I can offer you both a place to stay in Stockholm if you're here before the 25th of December. It's not very central, but it's still just a 20m subway ride to central station. From Central station you can walk to pretty much anywhere you wanna be in 20min or so, or change to any of the other subway lines if needed. Stockholm is not very big, so it's easy enough to get around by public transportation, but I do recommend walking around even if it's winter!

Unfortunately I won't be in Sweden from 25 Dec-22 Jan, but I could meet up if you come before then. On 24th I'll celebrate Christmas eve with my parents (in Sweden we celebrate Christmas on the 24th instead of 25th), but I'm sure the two of you would be more than welcome if you want to join. Our Christmas get-togethers are usually very small (me, sis, mom, dad, aunt), so having two new faces there would only make things more fun!
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Wowe! Thanks everyone :)

I will try to think some things through and consider each. Would like to meet many mans if possible! I'll try to organise any small details in PM ofc. :D
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Same as Igge (Chirstmas), just in Erfurt, Germany :)

Have big couch for both of you.
And we have the best "Weihnachtsmarkt" in the world, ez!
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

wherever akb comes, i will appear there, simple as that
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Hey mans, just trying to get things in order. :) Up for recommendations etc. for travelling to and from cities and countries and how long to stay.

So far, thinking of this order:

Erfurt
Berlin
Prague
Stockholm (hoping for maybe 23rd-24th?)
Oslo
[any Finmans want to have us after?]

About Poland: unsure if coming there. Could make too many stops before Scandinavia, and we only plan to be travelling for approx. 10-12 days.

Anyone have thoughts on how long to stay at each place? I'm thinking two nights per location, but is this poss, or just thinking one night? Wouldn't want to intrude ofc.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Yeah. Come to Finland
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

milagros wrote:if you end up in zurich, we can go for a beer
edit: I have an empty room if you want to stay
edit2: i checked the dates and it's quite likely i won't be around
I am free from 17th December (all morn/day), so if this is still not poss, then all good. :)
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

1-2 nights is really no problem here.
a date would be nice (17th? 18th?)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

A.K.B. wrote:I am free from 17th December (all morn/day), so if this is still not poss, then all good. :)
i will go to Slovakia on around 20th Dec (I haven't booked the flight yet) and come back around 5th Jan
so 17th might be fine, I will let you know later
[carebox]
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

ElrondMcBong wrote:1-2 nights is really no problem here.
a date would be nice (17th? 18th?)
I sent a PM -> :D
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

milagros wrote:
A.K.B. wrote:I am free from 17th December (all morn/day), so if this is still not poss, then all good. :)
i will go to Slovakia on around 20th Dec (I haven't booked the flight yet) and come back around 5th Jan
so 17th might be fine, I will let you know later
Aww, seems that Zurich might be too far out of the way this time. :( Probably going to be in north Germany by then. That's the issue when I only have around 10 days to see as many kuski as possible :P

Never rule out the return of the A.K.B. though!!!
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Seems that due to flight booking issues, I might go from Prague down to Vienna. :O Maybe I go see the Sleap man? Was looking forward to seeing some Scandinavia mans, but looks like that might not happen this time around. :(
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I can recommend seeing sleap. He might have some bearing business coming your way!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Talking with Sleap, yes. :)

Looks like I need to find a flight to London as final destination due to booking costs. Perhaps I find British kuski for a day? Maybe hard if London only for a day or two. xD
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I live about 2h away from London, would be max to meet! But if it's going to be on xmas then there's a chance I'll be in Poland at the time, dunno yet. Madness lives in London afaik, but dunno if he'd be able to lend you a couch :p you could always come over to my place and stay here, but as I said, it's about 2h away (cheap to get to tho).
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Thanks pawq :) but unsure how long I'll be in London for just yet. Hoping to extend it to at least one night before we go, so I can see The Contrabass Shoppe, but we have to depart flights from there. If Madness there, would be max to meet! I will try and juggle my itinerary around and see if there is time to come see your place. :D
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I am in Europe but if visit me in Uppsala (northern europe, sweden) will not be impressed so please go elsewhere where more impressive things/stuff/and things will be of oke
Manchester is good place I've heard, Liverpool is not shit but maybe as a tourist location since no eiffeltower osv. London was oke when I went 5y ago or so duno but be sure to visit Abbey Road or else the town will be wasted... oke
also Manchester might be shit too but if fan of bands from there might be more nice + pingywingslings
ToMaT
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Only going to be in London for two nights, so not much happening really. :P Unfortunately Scandinavia is off the table now. I save it for next time. Maybe one FEM... ;)
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

A.K.B. wrote:Maybe one FEM... ;)
OMG YES
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Update: Trip is over and it was very amazing! :D

Some highlights:

ElrondMcBong:
Took us around the Erfurt Christmas markets + medieval markets, sampling the mulled wine (incl. met and flaming sugar one too). Explored inside cathedral after and climbed up to organ loft, then told to go back down by the organ player. Got some mustard and mustard flavour schnapps for fun. The local sausage was amazing! Really loved it. I must get those Repeat pack WRs up for you to watch on recsource...

insane guy:
Very cool and fun place with projector movie room: 100% AKB approved. :D Enjoyed walking around the local markets with you and visiting a local Turkish restaurant too. Berlin ended being our longest walking day out at 20km in a day, but we got to see so much nice architecture and enjoyed ourselves. The Fountain was a pretty nice movie to watch, and being able to do the interview for the doco was sick: I hope you can get your inspiration going for further interviews for the doco. :) It was also surreal making a couple of quick ballelevs with one of the levmaking icons of the world!

Bludek:
Prague was so good! The castle and cathedral were both beautiful and much fun, and all the local food and beer was just excellent. 8) I would return again one day I hope. Really loved the old pub from 1499: that beer was outstanding and totally drinkable, could ez drink all night. Glad you got the laptop out :) it was very fun playing a few balles and making levs too! Still cannot believe how cheap the beer is. :beer:

sleap:
So cool to meet one of the oldschool kuskis, in Vienna! It's true what they say: first thing is a beer in your hand, which is always really top. :beer: It was a joy to spend Christmas in Vienna, walking around in the markets for food and seeing the beautiful streets and buildings. The playgrounds there are so much cooler than in Australia, the difference is crazy! Very enjoyable to chat and make levs/balle them. Perhaps you'll drop in online once in a while? :D It will be a welcome sight. :D

pawq:
Really happy that you were able to come out to London, it was totally worth it to hang out all afternoon/evening going to a few pubs and seeing the important buildings around. :) Really hope to meet again sometime, so I will have to see if I can get along to an international elma meet. :D I will say that the tube is a really neat way to get around: simple enough and nice that you don't have to wait long time for trains around city. I am used to 15+min waits regularly, so train times are always looked up here in Australia. :lol: Just like in Vienna, I should return at another time to spend more time in London and really get to see everything.

Thank you everyone for hosting me and/or meeting up. Jo and I loved the trip and couldn't have done it like this without your help. We have many great memories of this trip and I hope to make more memories with even more kuskis in future. :)

I will have to post some photos sometime, but those in the WhatsApp group will have many already. :D
sleap
Kuski

Post by sleap »

<3
You were and are very welcome! Glad that you had such a nice time.
I will be droping in more often now for sure! You brought me back to the game which is very nice. I almost forgot what a great game it is.
And the scene ofcaz is still one of the best in the worlds. If not THE best! :beer:
Thanks for the nice feedback. Cool to see your thoughts from the different cities.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

AKB also very approved as a guest by insguy. And thanks for the flowers :)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Hopefully can come meet more mans one day. :) Have to set some plans into motion...