Your Athletics and Swimming Records

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

high jump 1.9m, that was when i did hangman best time though.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

@ Jarkko

Crappy Long Jump, but awesome triple jump! 8O I should be getting that far!

And dz, that's fuckin HIGH!

ps. can anybody record themselves doing athletics, and if you can, share sach here! :D

pps. I got Districts tomorrow! (aka. Zone) :)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I got new High-Jump PB! 1.65m! \o/
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i can high jump around 1.68

don't have that much skillz on athletic activities otherwise, maybe

javelin : around 32 m ( was done at 17 years-old ), good technique, no strenght yet...
skateboard jump (ollie) : 5 decks ( rather bad )
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

What age were you when you did sach high-jump? (I'm 14)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

A.K.B. wrote:What age were you when you did sach high-jump? (I'm 14)
was around 17 ( I'm 19 now ),
i guess playing basketball for 8 years makes you jump higher :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

LAZY TO DO ATHLETICS
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Lucky BoneLESS, you actually played a sport, all I do is play the computer.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

elma is a mind sport. :wink:
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

New:

Shotput (1kg) 38.22 metres 8O Done in my own backyard- I had to start from 10 metres before my flat grassed area- it just flew so far it went past the grass and into the trees! Still measurable though! Took about 5 whole minutes just to measure it, then to find the shot afterwards. :roll:

Imagine if I could get just 10 metres under that with a 7.26kg balle. :wink:
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

ToMo wrote:I'm 17 years old, I'm running for 3 years.
60m: 7.51
200m: 24.80
400m: 54.48
800m: 1:58,87
1500m: 4:08,19
3000m: 8:50,81
5000m: 15:30,65
Halfmaraton: 1h 13min 52sec
Sick times :o
I ran some 23 km in 95 minutes a couple of weeks ago, I have to try 3000m, 5000m and 10000m (should be ez under 40 I guess) some day..
Btw, I bench 115kg, maybe you don't ;P
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I can bench 130kg

My friend can bench more than the bench has (130kg) and can leg-press all the weights in the room plus more! (400kg+) He's insanely strong! :wink:
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

A.K.B. wrote:I can bench 130kg
que? upload pic ffs
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

As if I took a pic of it- I was at school in the gym. And Have I ever been able to find just ONE pic of me? :S

Here's a pic of the guy who is sach stronger than me. Brad:

Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

wtf do you mean with bench?
I meant benchpress, you know, pressing a free bar while lying flat on a bench.. if you tell me that you bench more than I do I'll start taking back my Crazy Hoyla Recs immediately, because I don't believe you :-P

perhaps you meant pounds? one pound is a little less than 0,5 kg I think..

Benchpress:
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

I can benchpress 110 kg, bodyweight: 70 kg :)
TT: 42
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Mwuhaha, akb, I'd love to see you doing that. :twisted:
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

That's not the benchpress I was doing, I was doing the one, where you push up a handle with two hands, and it is connected to a pulley, which in turn pulls up sets of 5kg weights. And in Australia, we don't use the imperial system. The bar isn't free, it is a set up/down bar/handle. And it isn't a barbell, it is like I explained.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

A.K.B. wrote:That's not the benchpress I was doing, I was doing the one, where you push up a handle with two hands, and it is connected to a pulley, which in turn pulls up sets of 5kg weights. And in Australia, we don't use the imperial system. The bar isn't free, it is a set up/down bar/handle. And it isn't a barbell, it is like I explained.
i think i understand but, a picture would be much better...
and Crazy, how much can you lift ? (cause i know you look like a strong fellow :wink: )
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Around my bicep and tricep it measures 31cm and from top to bottom of my arm is 11 and 3/4 cm. (around 4 and 3/4 inches)

The bench press we use lifts the same weight- just you don't need spotters.
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Hehe, if your arm is 31cm you ain't benching anywhere near +100. :wink:
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Cloud wrote:Hehe, if your arm is 31cm you ain't benching anywhere near +100. :wink:
It's sure possible. I'm only 35 cms and can bench 110 kg. I was probably around 31 when I did 100 for the first time, but 130 kg seems pretty much :?
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Adult women arms are somewhere around 30cm. My forearms are bigger than that. I would like to see a video of him free-bar benching 110kg, clean. He won't, even though there might be some 0,1% that are able to. If his chest could, his triceps certainly couldn't handle it. Not even if he tried to bounce the bar from his chest it would eventually come down to the triceps.

Sure, strength doesn't perfectly equal to muscle or the other way around except for some degree. Still it would require absolutely immense strength per pound or should I say cm. Altough possible, I'm not buying it until proven otherwise with a video.

4cm is a HUGE increase, it makes your arms look drastically thicker. Still you two would 'only' bench the same 110kg. Somehow I also feel A.K.B really isn't into the gym. Yet if you have only gained 10kg in bench and added 4cm into your arms it's called bad development. Have you been only training your biceps? If your arms gained 4cm, you must have also increased your weight significantly, some fat there too? OR perhaps your arms never were only ~31cm in the first place when you lifted 100kg.
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Hehe, I'm not sure of this, and perhaps I was some 33-34 when I did 100, but it's ages ago, and I feel like I've been bigger. I've been a active powerlifter for many years, and with the right training my trainers thinks I can do like 130-140 kg because of my extremely strong triceps, but I have to go through a very hard program then, but I'm not that "in" competing and stuff now as I were. If you don't believe me I can film it or take picture :wink:
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Don't worry, I believe you but I don't believe A.K.B. 8)

Oh ye, your arms probably were 33-34 even back then. Do you lift with a shirt? I guess you already know it could give you a major advantage because of strong triceps.
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

I've tried shirt a few times, but not one who fitted right :P But when my trainer said I would be able to lift 130-140, it would be with a shirt :P Personally I concider shirts as cheating, just as proteins and creatin :D
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

So eating food that contains proteins is cheating huh. :wink:
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Nah, concentrated protein and creatine I meant :P
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

How about tuna and cottage cheese then, for example? Pretty much 'concentrated' proteins 8). I don't see how does it make a difference whether you eat a can of tuna or drink a protein shake. I find it impossible to draw a line in this matter. It is just proteins, not steroids. Even creatine can be obtained somewhat OK from heavy amounts of meat.
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

hehe, ye I know. But I don't use eat it. Just regular food :P
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Heah, ok. :)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Ok, you were right, I was cheating- I went back to the gym today, and the benchpress only goes up to 120kg, sorry. :oops: But that's what I have lifted. No shit. (not barbell, it's a pulley bench press)
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Eh, only you, the weights, the bench and the barbell. Now go try. Regular bench. You won't be lifting anywhere near 120kg. If you do, feel free to take a video as well.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Pec ... Press.html

While you are at there why don't you try deadlift also. http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Ere ... dlift.html
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

Crazy wrote:.. if you tell me that you bench more than I do I'll start taking back my Crazy Hoyla Recs immediately, because I don't believe you
A.K.B. wrote:Ok, you were right, I was cheating- I went back to the gym today, and the benchpress only goes up to 120kg, sorry. :oops: But that's what I have lifted. No shit. (not barbell, it's a pulley bench press)
ok, you are still lying, I'll start beating your records, starting with:
Level 9, Hoyla Battle
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

hahaha crazy so cool :D :lol: ez kiss from me
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

Oh, I just realised that in a pully 120kg is like 60kgs.. perhaps you're right then :P
I stole back my record anyway.. ~_~
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Crazy wrote:Oh, I just realised that in a pully 120kg is like 60kgs.. perhaps you're right then :P
I stole back my record anyway.. ~_~
Yep Crazy, most of them are just like that, halve the weights. That's why he should try it with a barbell. I don't recommend putting there 120kg right a way, though. :P
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

If that leg-press too is "halfed" then I can believe that your friend did that 400+. But I don't believe that he use these weight when he works out, must be a one rep, just press up :)
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

Cfilorvy wrote:If that leg-press too is "halfed" then I can believe that your friend did that 400+. But I don't believe that he use these weight when he works out, must be a one rep, just press up :)
I usually do one-leg leg-press (usual legpress machine, lying on your back, pressing upwards) 2x6 at 165kg. But then again it depends on the machine. I used to do 2x8-10 at 250 before I started excercise one leg at a time (like years ago).
In Smith I've done some 2x6 at 180, both legs.. but it's not very functional to have too much muscles in the lower extremity of the body when you want to be able to do some long distance running. Neither in the upper ext ^.^
My weight is 80kg btw!

edit: to answear xiph and clearify how I do leg press. I go as low as my body allows me to do. That is letting my knees press against my chest/ribs. I can't get down to (1) because my body doesn't allow that, if so my thighs would be inside my chest. I have the safety at (2) and that's how low I go.. ~_~

edit 2: I do 2x6 at 97,5 in benchpress.. I think Skedor did some 150kg in bench..

edit3: Image
Last edited by Crazy on 8 Sep 2006, 15:00, edited 7 times in total.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

doing this 400kg leg press shouldn't be hard for any football player or whatever (not saying u are crazy) but it all depends on how low u take it (the thingy u have to press upwards). a friend of mine did 120kg at the lowest point. closest to your body as possible. think he called it (1).

hopefully u guys understand this. if u think this 120kg is ez... think again
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

this isn't a pulley that makes the job easier, it just shifts the weight. I really did lift 120kg.
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

A.K.B. wrote:this isn't a pulley that makes the job easier, it just shifts the weight. I really did lift 120kg.
ok, but try usual benchpress so we can compare then, I don't have a pulley so I can't try..
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

You think I'm gonna lift 120 with barbell? Probably end up being 100 or 90. :lol: I only did one rep with 120kg, but it still counts! :)
Mick
Kuski

Post by Mick »

Alright, I've had enough of this.

A.K.B. your still in high school right? say 14-16 yo?

Either you are lying about 120kg, have mistook kilograms for pounds or mistook a bench press for another exercise.

I've never been into power lifting or anything but I used to go to the gym quite a lot (and got quite a developed chest and arms) and the best I ever did with one rep max was 95kg. I believe that others on this board can easily press 100+kg, but not you.

I would suggest that (unless you are one of those token asshole big dudes at school) you could bench a maximum of maybe 60-75kg without doing any training. Like Cloud said, maybe there is a 0.1% chance that you might be able to, but until then I call bullshit.

And that picture of the guy that supposedly is stronger than you, he doesnt look muscley at all. Even though his arms are above his head you should still be able to see some definition on his arms or even on his chest through his shirt. In my opinion is it poor evidence to try and prove what you are saying is true.

NOTE
I've just seen that you said this:
"That's not the benchpress I was doing, I was doing the one, where you push up a handle with two hands, and it is connected to a pulley, which in turn pulls up sets of 5kg weights."

Definitely not a bench press then. See how much you can lift while on your back with weights on a bar (with no pullies but make sure you have a spotter). Push the bar from your chest untill your arms are extended vertically. Then see if you come back and tell us you can bench 120kg. My prediction for if you actually do this exercise and don't embalish, maybe 40kg. heh.
team EM - why not ok?
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Mick is definitely right. That kind of weights require some heavy to decent workout depending on your backround and genes. Most people lift 25-60 kg on their first try in bench press. Also age is a factor here. Some people have, for example, 'naturally' strong biceps and lower back due to their tough profession. Only the very SLIGHT minority have strong triceps or especially chest. Why is that? Those muscles are rarely used in normal daily routine or profession. I'm talking about non-trained people here.

Why don't you do as told and go the gym with a spotter. Try the barbell bench press, start with 40 kg or so. You won't be lifting 90-100 kg as you think you would. Especially because you are so young and skinny. As far as I know you don't even have much experience on the subject. REMEMBER to tape the lift if you somehow miraculously manage to lift +100 kg. Please go and try. Good Luck.

Offtopic: By the way, Mick. Really nice to see you around. I haven't bee much into the scene lately neither (years). How is it going?
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

I'll record some lifting for fun when I have bought a digital camera ^_^

totally off topic:
I was about to say the same as cloud. Nice to see Wke, Bob, Mick and Cloud coming back at least temporary. hihi
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I'm really sorry, but I did do the 120kg, and that guy i posted is EXTREMELY STRONG. (for his age) dame so, you can't really see it, but his got a fucking body under there, and so you think he's tensed his arms? But all that in mind, I can do 120kg on the bench press in OUR gym, but I've never tried with barbell before, and I've never stated trying it with a barbell, but If I could find a single photo of the benchpress I was trying to describe, I'll show it to you.
Rasken
Kuski

Post by Rasken »

OMG AKB, why cant you realise that you are not doing benchpress, how can you be that exceprionally stupid? Crazy could maybe do like 250kg in the same excersice as you talk about.
Member of team LOS TT=40:59:56
ALP TT=26:21:34
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

A.K.B, we know that very well it wasn't with a barbell. That's why it's not a big deal, yet incomparable with bench. Therefore we are asking for you to try it on the real thing if you really think you made a good result.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

OK OK OK OK.

Let's ALL SHATEHFAKUP.

I will try with barbell next time I'm in the gym, I'm only got one more prac lesson of HPE this term though and we're playing volleyball.

If I get into the gym for Regional athletics training I'll inform you, but just so you know, I have no confidence that I will go into the gym AGAIN in this year.

ps. Brad does the 300+kg 10 times. LITERALLY, NO SHIT, REAL, SHUTIT. NO ARGUING, IT'S TRUE!!!! :x

EDIT: I went to the gym today! :D

Guess what: 2 Mistakes.

1st mistake (mine): The Bench press I was referring to is the "Chest Press" Excercise

2nd mistake: It goes to 140kg, but I CAN do 120kg.

I also got to go on the barbell today, and guess what? 100kg! :P