Diablo III

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Diablo III

Post by 8-ball »

Has anyone pre-ordered it?
For those who didn't hear: There will be an auction house where you can buy and sell items for real money. Capitalizing on black market which would take place anyway, instead of pretending anyone can stop it :) Who else but Blizzard?
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/ev ... on-summary
39:37,91
Zweq
34mins club

Re: Diablo III

Post by Zweq »

actually, I signed up for beta yesterday, although, the game doesn't look that interesting. But I admit they have got some things right, they aren't completely clueless about what made d2 a hit. At least there will be a chance for awesome mods afterwards
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Xarthok wrote:There will be an auction house where you can buy and sell items for real money.
I still haven't made up my mind on this; It's both a good thing and a bad thing. People would still buy gold for real money, so I guess it makes sense, but at the same time this will make it easier for rich people to do well in the game than poor, which obviously is a bad thing.
Zweq wrote:actually, I signed up for beta yesterday, although, the game doesn't look that interesting. But I admit they have got some things right, they aren't completely clueless about what made d2 a hit. At least there will be a chance for awesome mods afterwards
I think I have more hope for D3 now than I did, say, a year ago. I think, like you said, they have some idea as to what made D2 good in the first place and tried to focus on that. I hope I will have that feeling when playing the game as well. Only time will tell I guess.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
wipley
Kuski

Post by wipley »

I have less hope for D3 than I had for D2. I am less and less impressed by video games nowadays, although Diablo the original still impresses me up to this day.

Recommended for LAN parties, though. http://us.blizzard.com/_images/games/legacy/d15.jpg (I am personally not much gaming alone anymore.) /2 cents

http://www.diablowiki.net/images/c/c7/D ... enshot.jpg
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I think I'll try this one out forsure. Seems like forever for it to be released though. It better be worth the wait. There going to be eu servers and north american servers again? I won't be able to play with any of u.

I think it's a good idea by blizz to have a safe auction site setup for exchanging goods. Seems easy and reliable to use.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

got an invite for beta yesterday :D
trying today!
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

gimme invite and i'm marrying you <3
Image Image
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

uff, i wanna beta too!!! i submitted but no invitation yet... :(
didnt preorder, but i am very likely to buy.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya, Diablo 1 and 2 were epic plays back in the day. I can just image 3 will be solid.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Here are instructions request joining beta:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article ... structions
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

The simplifications do seem annoying at first but when you think about it - there wasn't all that much use in making odd custom builds in D2 either - you simply decided what build you want and followed a pretty much set perfect build path. D3 just takes out the trial-and-error part of it out and leaves more time to be spent playing than puzzling over what to spend your points on. And you can still mix your abilities up a bit depending on your play style. Not necessarily a great decision for pleasing D2 fans but that seems to be the case in nearly every modern AAA game.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

yes, games are for making money not entertainment, at least when it comes to the "high-end" industry. yes2 diablo2 had very bad game design here and there, especially the attribute/stats and trading systems. yes3, Diablo3 was mostly retarded, but it looks like it might "survive" with random maps, random loot, hardcore mode and hopefully difficulty. Can't say about difficulty yet, at least skeleton king was horribly long battle. Think andariel from d2 or whatever, she'd die fast, but also get you to 1hp very fast with her poison attack.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

waiting for May 15th. great!
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

i will play barb but not until end of june actually, have decided not to touch my copy of d3 before i'm done with exams.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Tempted to play, should we start a clan? I'll probably be a sorcerer if there is one. I would play hardcore mode if my computer doesn't lag to bad with the graphics of the game... Otherwise I think normal mode is fine. I had a 93 sorceress on hardcore diablo 2 and died, sad sad day. Was 2nd on the ladder with the 1st place going to a Paladin that I would always play with. After that he died shortly after playing with noob sorceresses.
Religious Man
||
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

CE installed and now waiting that the servers go online.

BenMü#2183

I´ll play a Barb, first time in SC, and when I know the mechanics and monsters in inferno-mode AND I think its doable I´ll start a new barb in HC-mode :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Zamppe#2950

will do some witch dog cruising tomorrow
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Diablo 3!!! will play after exams)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

no, you make 34 tT)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Envy#6887
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Jappe wrote:got fucked in the ass hard by preorder shop, ordered last week and got email saying they "sent" it wednesday and still hasnt arrived. some people have called them and they are saying it was shipped last friday eventhough they received same email i did, fucking ridiculous
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/game-a ... istration/

cry moar.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Haruhi wrote:
Jappe wrote:got fucked in the ass hard by preorder shop, ordered last week and got email saying they "sent" it wednesday and still hasnt arrived. some people have called them and they are saying it was shipped last friday eventhough they received same email i did, fucking ridiculous
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/game-a ... istration/

cry moar.
http://kotaku.com/5910302/blizzard-shou ... socialflow
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

"Free" copies is misleading, we still pay the full rrp which is about $105 USD atm.

In other news: Level 16 Demon Hunter, just completed Act I (Solo.)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

why so bad?
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

lvl 30 atm, but got kicked from server and try to relog since 30min, too many people online, I want to finish at least thr normal mode today :/
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Tigro wrote:why so bad?
It'll even out over the next few days. 80% of the negative reviews are from people who couldn't understand that when the servers were turned on, they couldn't be playing instantly because the login servers only had certain capabilities.
Image Cyberscore! Image
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Downloading it right now. Str1k3r#2349
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Tigro wrote:why so bad?
Simply because its the user-score from Metacritic of all places. Metacritic is oh so famous for having unfathomably unreliable user ratings in all things. Just go to the "negative reviews" page and see just how many people have rated the entire game at 0 (zero) points in a scale from 0-10 just for being unable to log in after a few hours after launch. Or people that are just angry because it requires an internet connection.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Protip: GO TO GAMEPLAY OPTIONS AND CHECK "ELECTIVE MODE", you can then use many skills from the same tree, makes the game about 3 times more interesting.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

i am just happy that diablo2 on Amazon.com dropped from $29,99 to $19,99 and Gold Edition from $49,99 to $18,99 (quite a sale). Gotta buy that, i hope many ppl will stay playing Diablo2, so there will be fun..
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Chapter 2 done in nightmare, but it seems that it is a lot harder than D2. Inferno mode must be really sick :D
btw lvl 45 atm, i hope i´ll reach hell today^^
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I'm half way act1 hell, level 52, everything dies in few hits except "elite" packs that can take up to 5 mins. I die a lot too because I play carelessly and try to kill large packs, I might get froze/stun/knock-locked and die without able to do anything. It's a solid "fun" game, feels like some mediocre d2 mod I played 10 years ago where monsters had insane amount of hp. I have written a lot of thoughts with notepad about the game which I'll post here when I've seen how's inferno.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

I am also 52 and in the first act of hell, seems to be doable, but it will take a wile. :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

do you have a joy of making it so fast? if i were you, i would play it so slowly, just to feel the flavor.. :D
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

lol wtf is this diablo?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Tigro wrote:do you have a joy of making it so fast? if i were you, i would play it so slowly, just to feel the flavor.. :D
I'm doing this (Y) also cause i have to study i guess though.

Level 21 i think, Act II on normal difficulty. :D Max easy game sofar (i'm kinda very overlevelled i guess) and have explored fully every single area i've been sofar. Soloed the whole thing and am considering heading into a group game to get a weapon that doesn't suck.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

With some cheap weaopns from the AH, Hell wasn't so hard to finish, just Izual was impsy alone :S

Even the elites wasn't that hard in act IV, but the first group in Inferno fucked me hard :D

The normal zombies hit with 5-10k each :S
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I managed to try act1 inferno before runspeed nerf, it used to be ridiculous(I could be wrong about this). I kited champions in town for 10 minutes. Next day I cleared whole act without bigger problems (because monsters ran twice slower), but then act2 is completely ridiculous, monster mechanics are much harder than act1, leaping niggers throwing fireballs. Normal monsters hit for 30-40k. To have fun time with act2 I think you need like 30k damage MI NIMEMUM
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

if diablo had such eyes... :(
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Now you realize how much money you've thrown for a game you can't even play, lol
:mrhat:
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

First time playing full version at home, doesn't work. Just höyling some monk char, act 2 start.

SkitMaster#2226
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Reached lvl 60, finished hell, didn't have any serious problems, although died quite a lot (softcore recklessness ftw), soloed Izual - I'm playing WD.
Bought a cool weapon on lvl 56, therefore devastated acts 2 and 3, such a huge masskill (especially at the beginning of act 3).
Tried some variations, but in the end sticked to this regular build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/w ... bWU!acZZZc
Kudos to zweq for pointing out awesome passive skill - Vision Quest (thought it sucks), most important skill for this build.
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

I´ll farm items and gold on Hell with azmond runs, to get geared for inferno, cause atm it's nearly impsy to kill the elite mobs. Managed to kill one golden mob yet, that's all :S

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/calculator/b ... YXW!ZYZcab

My skill tree, play max safe with it, dont even miss the burst dmg from the 2min skills :)

Seismic Slam is nice, cause u can play nearly as range DD :DD
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

Finally got the game to work properly, servers were down but there was a problem on my end aswell. So much to see and explore, yet so little time every evening.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Made it all the way to the butcher, but he's kinda impsy - at least with 5-stacked nephalem valor buff... I especially hate fire grids.
Nephalem valor is truly awesome, it definitely makes monsters drop much more rares, magic items and also gold.
Gotta farm more & gotta get a decent gear from AH.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

It's nice to read this discussion. Erryone seems to be all like 'LOL INFERNO IS IMPSY EVEN WHITE MONSTERS 1HIT EVERYTHING" and that's not the vibe i get from you guys.
Image Cyberscore! Image