Merry Christmas 2012!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: Merry Christmas 2012!

Post by pawq »

He probably means that it's a little awkward if you drink orange juice while all the others fuel up with beer.
Why would anyone drink orange juice when beer is so good?

btw:
Merry Christmas topic ;o
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Pawq wrote:He probably means that it's a little awkward if you drink orange juice while all the others fuel up with beer.
I never found it awkward, but ok.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Me neither, I meant to say that he probably thinks it is.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Lukazz wrote:
Haruhi wrote:I drink alcohol occasionally - socially.
I never quite understood what's that supposed to mean. Why is drinking for social reasons (sounds like peer pressure to me) better than drinking for being drunk, if the result is the same anyway?
I've actually never really thought about that, but you're completely right.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Igge wrote:I'd like some source(s). What you're saying, and more importantly the way you say it, makes it sound very sensationalistic.
But that's just it - it sound sensationalistic, which is why people don't believe it. It also sounds sensationalistic to say that approximately a third of the world lives in starving conditions in third world countries but that's also the cold, hard truth.

An easily accessible source that i can show you is this: Link. This is only a webpaper so hardly a scientific proof but i have neither the means nor the implication to procure actual scientific papers for you.

Luki - The difference between social drinking and drinking to get drunk is the end result - i don't get drunk when i socially drink. There are people who do, of course, but i never really drink more than a few standard drinks.

Bj: Once per month is not too much, frequency of alcohol consumption isn't so much a problem as how much consumption there is on each occasion.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Ville_J wrote:If my eyes read correctly, he indeed wrote marijuana smoking, so I don't find it that misleading, but your post a bit confusing :?
damn, i must have missed this. my apologies.
my point was that you can avoid this by baking marijuana cakes, etc (vaporizers are still not completely safe to your lungs, afaik). nevertheless, it's still a dangerous drug, but not as much as it's demonized, though.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Haruhi wrote:
Igge wrote:
Haruhi wrote:What i'm trying to say is - sure normal everyday activities can cause health problems and Cancer and whatnot, but they just CANNOT be compared to the effects of Alcohol/Tobacco/Drugs.
I'm more interested in how bad certain drugs are rather than whether they are bad or not. Do you have any statistics for the most commonly available drugs (both legal and illegal)?
Not how common but a few of the more common ones aren't too hard to make. As far as illegal drugs go the LEAST harmful is Marijuana but i must say this: Marijuana is EXTREMELY harmful to the human body. People cite it as the safest illicit drug - IT'S STILL FUCKING AWFUL.

It takes about 2 months of weekly marijuana smoking to do irreversible damage to your brain and lungs. The damage to the brain tends to consist of extreme loss of decision making skills, decrease in general retention and damage to coordination.

I'll write more later. I have to leave soon.

--

I drink alcohol occasionally - socially. I have never been paralytically drunk. I have never been drunk enough to vomit. I passed out on a table once.
kind of ridiculous to go on about how smoking marijuana is "EXTREMELY" harmful while ignoring how close you are to dying when you pass out from drinking alcohol, theres a high chance you would have if you had drunk just double the amount, possibly not even that (sourc). sure it afects your body and brain a little yes but its just not that significant
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I understand social drinking, it sets good mood if anything. And you have more fun because you feel like you can make more brave jokes and talk about stuff you would not do otherwise. And you have something to do while talking or whatever you are doing at the time.
It can be peer pressure too maybe, I would not drink at all if no one else did. I tend to do the same as others do, to kind of fit in. But I don't fall in for peer pressure if it would be about some dangerous drug or driving car drunk etc.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

jonsykkel wrote: kind of ridiculous to go on about how smoking marijuana is "EXTREMELY" harmful while ignoring how close you are to dying when you pass out from drinking alcohol, theres a high chance you would have if you had drunk just double the amount, possibly not even that (sourc). sure it afects your body and brain a little yes but its just not that significant
I'm not ignoring how bad passing out from alcohol is. I KNOW how bad it is.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Merry Christmas 2015!
ImageImageImage :beer:
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels