Stories

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Stories

Post by Chris Penrose »

If you have written or are writing a story, post a link to it here if you want.

This one I started years ago. The link is only for chapter 1 but I have written up to chapter 4 and am still writing.
The file is a word document and requires the font "another" which is included in the zip. (put in windows/fonts folder)

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/baconbu ... apter1.zip

Tell me what you think. (It's a bit crazy, I know)
You will probably notice it has no storyline or plot whatsoever, because I couldn't be bothered to think of one, which should explain the title.

(If you liked that enough you can download this file,

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/baconbu ... ers123.zip

which includes chapters 1, 2 and 3.)

The word documents might not display correctly as I used the enter key many times to make the new chapters start on new pages. This will probably mess the whole thing up on other computers.
Watch the birdy...
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i liked the first chapter. i'll read the second one later. your style is light and cheerful with some really funny things. does your story have a name? "chris story" is quite good i think.

i wrote some stuff too i suppose. here is one: http://m1.871.telia.com/~u87122359/

buckers..
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

tip: chris ctrl-enter is page change.

gotta go dl and read, knowing yuo it must be superb!

[after reading]
gee. it was weird, and quite phunny often. really bizzare for sure. also odd and strange. maybe a bit peculiar.
[/after reading]
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

I just read that first chapter of chris' story and three things came to my mind. Chris is really much older than 13, the story isn't made by him or lastly, and i tend to think this might be most likely true, he just is a very talented writer (and i'm sorry if these thoughts of mine insulted you chris in any way, i'll try not to think like that any more). Honestly, that's pretty damn good stuff. Sure it's weird and crazy, but that's the point isn't it? I bet you've been reading Douglas Adams. But not much though. Maybe a broken pen, a stamp or an empty LR6 batttery. I've been wrong berofe you know. And if i loose that bet and you haven't read his books, you should read his books (and don't expect me to give you any of those stuff i mentioned earlier, whitout solid proof that you havent read any of his books). His "trilogy" of Arthur Dent's adventures is really hilarious.

Hmm... i think i'll stop this message here. It wasn't supposed to be this long. Oh, weren't you 13, not 14? Ok... fixed. I should have deleted this, but already pressed "Submit". Ok, whatever, nevermind...
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I agree with Gunos, you're a talented writer Chris. No matter how old you are. :)
The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, "So long, and thanks for all the fish" etc. are brilliant books. I recommend getting a copy of the "Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide", which contains all of those I mentioned and some other that I can't remember the name of. :)
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

I haven't read many books. Michael Laurence is my favourite author, and second comes Philip Ardagh. And of course, I've read all the Harry Potter books. Other than those I haven't read much else.
..Ah, yes. Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy - I've read it about 20 times and seen all the TV series. Brilliant stuff.
Thanks for the tip Antz.
Watch the birdy...
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

All braindead critcism aside, Harry Potter is actually very good. At least it's entertaining. It's clearly a lotr rip-off though.