Dream the Truth

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Lee
37mins club

Dream the Truth

Post by Lee »

Last night while dreaming I heard this song. Not one I have heard before. Upon waking I only remembered the chorus of the song and I immediately wrote down the lyrics.

'Tonight I almost dreamed the truth.
Is it sad that I almost dreamed the truth.
And I was called out listening to you.
'Cause tonight I almost dreamed the truth.
Dreamed the truth.'

I've been trying to dissect the lyrics and find meaning, but it's not 100% clear.
Dreaming the truth means to foresee an event. But almost dreaming the truth means that it happened but not exactly the same way. Notice the word 'tonight' is used instead of 'last night'. You can assume that the singer wrote the song after waking up one night. But to know that the dream was almost the truth means that it had to have happened or partially happened between the time of waking up and writing the lyrics. The next part about being called out listening to 'you', I'm not so sure about.
What do you guys think?
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: Dream the Truth

Post by Lousku »

I think dreams are a very random side-product of our brains resting and reinforcing memory, and it only feels somehow profound because it's literally a part of you, especially right after waking up when it has just been written into memory (especially on mornings when you happen to wake up during the actual dream)

This is relevant to my interests because I just woke up from a dream where I had an amazing social life and the ability to walk normally and I'm feeling a bit shite. But it was only a dream and it will feel less and less significant the further in time I get from it, unless of course I keep reinforcing the memory of it by writing about it on lauta.

Anyway, that's a very cool dream, Lee, but I doubt, if you find meaning in it, that it was there to begin with.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Some weeks ago i dreamt i was with some friends, and one of them was buying a frying pan. we all looked at a wall filled with frying pans hanging by their handle, then i turned around and saw coffee cups hanging by their ears. i felt like buying one but they were too expensive.

i later skyped with someone, and she told me she was looking at cups earlier that day, and how she wanted to buy but they were too expensive. i was amazed at the similarity to my dream, so i told her about it. When i also mentioned the frying pans, she went to the kitchen to get a frying pan. It was still wrapped in plastic because she had bought it the very same day and didnt have time to use it yet.

that was a freaky dream/real-life coincidence.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I have dreams like that too, Igge :)
Yeah, Lousku, I wasn't expecting to find a life changing message in those lyrics. I dream up new songs all the time but this is the first one with vocals, so I thought analysing them would be a fun thing to do.
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

I usually have pretty weird dreams, like the one last night:
I was navigating with a ship of Bulgarians through a town. The ship had wheels and we were avoiding pedestrians. There were no cars in that town.

Why Bulgarians, I have no idea. Somebody said before we got on the ship that they were Bulgarians. They spoke a foreign language so I guess they were Bulgarians after all.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

LOL. It's funny the kind of crap our minds come up with when asleep.