I have figured out the meaning of life

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Memphis
37mins club

Re: I have figured out the meaning of life

Post by Memphis »

Good point Gimp about the procreating statement but I think it's determined that death isn't the meaning of life. It is completely opposite and contradicts life completely.

I guess perspectives in life change at different stages in life. There is a period where most guys just thing about getting laid. When you get older, your concerned mostly with health but I think the overall procreating is one of the most important things to do and being a good parent for your kids so that the next generation learns from our mistakes.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Memphis wrote:Good point Gimp about the procreating statement but I think it's determined that death isn't the meaning of life. It is completely opposite and contradicts life completely.

I guess perspectives in life change at different stages in life. There is a period where most guys just thing about getting laid. When you get older, your concerned mostly with health but I think the overall procreating is one of the most important things to do and being a good parent for your kids so that the next generation learns from our mistakes.
The only thing that is certain is that we are all born and we are all going to die. The meaning of life is everything between.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i once had thought that since something exists, maybe everything exists, all the possible worlds and universes with different laws of physics and things we dont even have comprehension of and our job is just to be tiny part of that everything but it still wouldnt explain meaning or why there is anything at all. humans brains are quite limited in capacity so an intermediate step in figuring out meaning might be to improve our capability to think and understand the world
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

All life as we know it will someday die, unless we somehow can do crazy survival somewhere else in the universe. So everyone should start planning noahs ark.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Water boils because somebody wants to make a tea (or pasta).

The point I wanted to make with all this, is that people very often give the answer answer on "How" instead of "Why".
How asks you for the means. Why asks you for the intention.
Whatever we answer on why, it just slips into answering how, talking about molecules and other (useful or useless) stuff. And we can talk for days, but we just can't reach high enough to answer "Why" really. Why such physical laws exist? etc.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Btw I sometimes have a thought what would happen if our universe didn't exist. There would be just "nothing" but in very fundamental meaning, just nothing never, whenever, no universes, nothing. Try to grasp it, lol. But spend a minute, please.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Spend the whole minute thinking about nothing?
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

That's really impsy to imagine properly, after one minute of focus you should be close to some brain error
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

I can't get 404 out of my head no matter how hard I try to think nothing.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i tried to think about nothing and acidently imaginated a new color
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Meaning of life is to generate more life, positive life. There are several ways to make great things for others and yourself. Fucking is just one of the methods.

It's strange that the only thing I learnt in school about antique philosophy was that I shouldn't ever refer to them when writing about something because it's a cliché. Well, now I think they have lots of value to know, even follow. There are other ethics systems too but it's not that hard that you need to first read 10 books of different moral systems and travel to Goa three times until you can start embracing for example these virtues:

* wisdom
* self-control
* courage
* justice
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

(Maybe offtopic, but) self-control and justice seem to be in a conflict with natural selection.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Tigro wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 13:34 (Maybe offtopic, but) self-control and justice seem to be in a conflict with natural selection.
Yes maybe but own descendants isn't the only way to produce life. But if that's the goal, then I would look at sperm banks and religious groups in poor countries. Warlord or rockstar would be even better but impsy.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)