what is laugh..

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

what is laugh..

Post by Zweq »

Ruben
Kuski

Re: what is laugh..

Post by Ruben »

Extensive research has been done in this subject, and it seems most importantly laughing is a social "signal." After listening to an extensive amount of conversations researchers have found that most things we laugh at is utterly unfunny. It can be anything, like "hi." They suspect this is a very primitive way of communicating that "we're okay, we're not gonna hurt you, you're welcome here." Try thinking about that the next time you're in a social setting, and notice what people actually laugh at.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Yea but what when you're sitting in front of your screen with no people around and you see something utterly hilarious and you start crying to tears?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggB33d0BLcY

The first time I saw this (by myself in my room) I laughed (very literally) to tears for at least 5 minutes. At the end my stomach hurt so much I could hardly breathe.
Then, in a social situation (when I showed this to my friends), I was devastatingly disappointed that none of them laughed equally hard :(
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

baby don't hurt me
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

vladislav
5tr1k3r wrote:baby don't hurt me
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Pawq wrote:The first time I saw this (by myself in my room) I laughed (very literally) to tears for at least 5 minutes. At the end my stomach hurt so much I could hardly breathe.
Then, in a social situation (when I showed this to my friends), I was devastatingly disappointed that none of them laughed equally hard :(
I don't know if this is due to me being sort of an outcast or what, but when other people show me funny videos I often feel somewhat "challenged". I almost instinctively want to react in a manner like "eh, it's not that great". Like if I end up laughing it will mean that the other guy "won" or something stupid like that. I think many people were like that in school (trying to be cool and unique, and looking down on stuff others enjoy so that you can sort of put yourself "above" them), unfortunately it seems like I'm still at that stage.

Also I just find it harder to act in a genuine way when I'm conscious of other people looking at my reaction and judging me based on it. Again, I almost instinctively start putting on an act and hiding my true self. I also start thinking about things like "is this appropriate to laugh at? would it be considered too childish or too stupid humor? is this the part where my buddy expects me to laugh the hardest or should I wait for the main part, whatever it is gonna be?", etc. Things just get awkward for me lol. I'm jealous of people that don't have to bother with these shitty thoughts and can simply be themselves.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I very rarely laugh even when I am with people (exception being when drunk), but sometimes I laugh at funny pictures or gifs but that is mostly when very tired or in a LöL mood.
Laughing is not my thing. I envy those that laugh every other sentence since they seem to have so much fun.
ToMaT
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Hosp wrote:I very rarely laugh even when I am with people (exception being when drunk), but sometimes I laugh at funny pictures or gifs but that is mostly when very tired or in a LöL mood.
Laughing is not my thing. I envy those that laugh every other sentence since they seem to have so much fun.
I laugh at everything. Laik when someone tells a joke and not even I laugh their immediate reaction is "What? Not even Ruben thought that was funny? Wow I must really suck!" Yet I don't really see myself as having that much fun, so I dunno.
<nick-o-matic> niec

gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

kuchitsu wrote: when other people show me funny videos I often feel somewhat "challenged". I almost instinctively want to react in a manner like "eh, it's not that great".
This! Like get your phone out of my fucking face dude, if you want to make me laugh the meme you just read on facebook isn't going to impress me.

Zweq do you feel like you don't laugh enough or something? Do you genuinely want to laugh more to increase your happiness level, or are you comparing yourself to others who laugh and thinking, "what is wrong with me?"
God Bless America
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

gimp wrote:
kuchitsu wrote: when other people show me funny videos I often feel somewhat "challenged". I almost instinctively want to react in a manner like "eh, it's not that great".
This! Like get your phone out of my fucking face dude, if you want to make me laugh the meme you just read on facebook isn't going to impress me.
Yes absolutely this. Though for me it's more like "Put away your damn phone. If it's more important than me then I'm gonna leave and probably never meet you again. Clearly I'm redundant."

There are of course a few buddies of mine who share videos often, because we have a very similar sense of humour. Never memes though, god almighty they're awful.
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

kuchitsu, I find it impressive that you're able to extract these thoughts from your subconsciousness and express them in words so clearly. I wish more people were as self-conscious as you are!
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Ruben wrote:Never memes though, god almighty they're awful.
here sik good MEME https://youtu.be/9ZRMmmvUTUY?t=48s
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i have a silent laugh, it's an affliction
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

To another subject, lets all agree we like germany

https://youtu.be/PcRyjkYdDxM