When should EDQ3 be made?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

When Should EDQ3 be made?

As soon as possible
21%
When WR TT falls down to 35:45
1%
When WR TT crosses 35:30
48%
At the #300 table
1%
Next year
4%
11%
14%

Total votes: 85

Madness
35mins club

Re: When should EDQ3 be made?

Post by Madness »

Who said it should be made when WR TT crosses 35:30 ??
I dont think it's acceptable time to make new EDQ right now, but everyone just yells "new edq as soon as possible".
Maybe when WR TT crosses 35:00 the count of wrs settles a bit so no one will have so prevalent count of wrs and everyone will feel more willing to share his recs.
Don't overhaste teh. It might be the last edq ever, and as Ecchi said, it would be sad to see a new EDQ with some of the levels still having same times.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Madness, I guess u missed the big ass pole at the top of this topic. It is time for one to be made. No not all the wrs have improved in time but enough have.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Ok, if you think.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

seems like the majority think that way according to the pole.
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

Though it doesnt matter even if EVERYONE who don't have a wr thinks it should be made right now if a couple of the wr holders don't wanna share then thats that and we just have to wait till they think its time. Nothing to do about it=)
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

there is quite a few wr holders currently so it is hard to get everyone to share at the same time. I don't think john doesn't want to share his recs, it's the fact that noobs keep pestering him like he has to share the recs and it's not even his decision.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Maybe when WR TT crosses 35:00
It's not even close to sure that it will ever cross 35
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

abruzzi wrote:
Maybe when WR TT crosses 35:00
It's not even close to sure that it will ever cross 35
oh cmon...d o you even believe that? :lmao: :lmao:
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

of course i believe it will go below 35

i'm just stating it's not that obvious one may think. let's say zweq, xiph get bored or sach, they find a new flash game or zweq's back to wow or kazan will die of alcohol abuse (ez in russia) or sth and we're screwed
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

berh wrote:kazan will die of alcohol abuse (ez in russia)
lulz :>
well, then some fresh guys like bjorn raven then kiiwi and kabii etc will take over :P
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

By the way, I don't know if I ever sounded like "share or die" but I don't want to. Of course, if you have good reasons, perfect. Of course, the more we wait, the better it will be. Of course, the more we wait, the more excited we'll be about it and the better it will appear to us. Of course, we could wait until John quits and I get all his WRs. But I think there should be a new EDQ either soon, or in a medium future. If it is soon, it should be ~ at the same time as EOL. If it is not soon, then maybe in 2012-2013 when WR TT will be stuck at 35:00.01 and Kazan will have top-10 full of 2:10.132 in Lab Pro, Zweq a top-10 full of 27.961 in Hi Flyer. In any case, if the real project is on, share, please, share!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Memphis wrote:erogant
seriuzly
portal32

Post by portal32 »

just wait some time peepz; some nice times have been run recently, let the thing and the adrenaline evaporate first. you can't expect e.g., john or zweq to share their recs they've just made; let them some time to process!

say let it come to you instead of you beggin' for it. ;)
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

abruzzi wrote:i'm just stating it's not that obvious one may think. let's say zweq, xiph get bored or sach, they find a new flash game or zweq's back to wow or kazan will die of alcohol abuse (ez in russia) or sth and we're screwed
HAHAHA) FUNNY!)
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

EDQ3 where is EDQ2? or EDQ1
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

nab
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

01, 29, 37, 39, 42, 47, 48 are the only WRs in EDQ that are still WRs. Beat those and make a new vid.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

maybe focus on multi next time? =o
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

lets just make a new vid already sheesh. I mean 48 will probably be beaten soon but some of those other wrs are very tough/near impossible.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

ez nau
btw, 78% of people voted for now :> (65% for WR TT u35:30, 35:27 atm =))
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Pawq wrote:btw, 78% of people voted for now :> (65% for WR TT u35:30, 35:27 atm =))
They obviously answered wrong! :beer:
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

i say maybe let memphis "wr," and john improve 3-sec combo af & lab-pro.

in other words, someday but not anytime soon. ;)
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

&build petition to remove stini from wr list (nothing personal, stini ;)).
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

John wrote:01, 29, 37, 39, 42, 47, 48 are the only WRs in EDQ that are still WRs. Beat those and make a new vid.
Well. I'm not too sure about that. It sure would be nice for all those EDQ WRs to be beaten; however, I'd be inclined to feel that the times which seem most needed to be beaten are the ones in which a greater cut is possible, seeable, and even, in clear sight of reason, predictable (to happen sometime in the future, if people still have the required due motivation, that is).

Of those levels I am not too sure of perceiving with the same accurateness more experienced players would. There, I can only rave and speculate.

For example, as John wrote in the WNO blog:
John wrote:Updated my times now that #314 has been uploaded. Labpro was ez once got touch to new midstyle. Maybe I'll hoyl some more when in desperate need of TT-cutting. 2.12 shouldn't be too difficult with current styles. Perhaps even 2.11.
And, perhaps, the same goes concerning anal fram:
ANpDaD wrote:Great rec! We've tested Cap's variant of climbing few weeks ago and it looked fast, but not very reliable, and yours is both faster and easier (still hard, but what isn't nowadays?). Again -- amazing ride! The end is complete blunder though, lol. Expecting a big improvement soon.
Zweq wrote:it's hard trick and john had very good ride, people will struggle to get 43.5 at the bird like john had, even 44 is hard, so youre gonna need to catch that 1 sec in the end, i dont see 1.09 happening too easily
Memphis wrote:Made a practice level and I've pulled it off once so far but much slower then john's run. I can see why he didn't get to risky the rest of the run. Still not improvable by too much. Maybe 1:08:high if perfect run?
/INFP
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

you're probably right
nevertheless i think enough's been beaten to make some fancy vid to have what to watch (cooler to watch vid than recs)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Make EDQ when every player is willing to share their rec with the person who will be making the vid.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Igge wrote:Make EDQ when every player is willing to share their rec with the person who will be making the vid.
never. cause there's noone who wanna make the vid.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

If skint0r is still up for it I could share my recs.

Times on levels like labpro might look pretty bad but they're over 10 years in the making. Unless someone really focus on improving those to good times they're gonna stay about the same as where they are now.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

EDQ3 might be the last EDQ ever, so don't overhaste it.. Considering there's so many styles which haven't been hoyled much yet and many "ez" WRs, it would be better to wait untill the WRs get settled a bit.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Lukazz wrote:
Igge wrote:Make EDQ when every player is willing to share their rec with the person who will be making the vid.
never. cause there's noone who wanna make the vid.
I'm all for making the vid, though I guess not everyone would trust me with their recs. 8)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I can make the video in moviemaker.
masterBurn
Kuski

Post by masterBurn »

Madness wrote:EDQ3 might be the last EDQ ever, so don't overhaste it.. Considering there's so many styles which haven't been hoyled much yet and many "ez" WRs, it would be better to wait untill the WRs get settled a bit.
Well said, Madness. +1 to "what she said." Pertinent comment. Note to be taken. Apocropopledgia, acromenda diurne. lol.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

This time, a less angsty teen suicide driven soundtrack. Replace with Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B. wrote:This time, a less angsty teen suicide driven soundtrack. Replace with Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga.
There were several soundtracks. >.>
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Igge wrote:
A.K.B. wrote:This time, a less angsty teen suicide driven soundtrack. Replace with Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga.
There were several soundtracks. >.>
But nothing close to lady gaga.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

You get all the wrs -some never seen before- in a fucking epic video, and you komplejn about lady gaga? ._.
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

no one of wr-holders don't want to wait till u35 mins personal TT?
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Wait until under 34 TT.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Agreed, or maybe under 33 before make:). Just make already.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I think it's the right time now...
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

atm 85% votes include "now" as a possibility...
rest is end of the world, those probably meant "never".
so now or never? 85% says now, 15% says never. poll was a good idea.
probably sharing all wr recs shouldn't be a problem nau, as most of the styles are known/shared already, so there's only that skint0factor needed.
if skint0r is still active in irc - ez suggest getting those recs and making a movie to him.
im sure he would get tremendous amount of help and support from many people in the community, so that his work would be limited to minimum.

pls make elmen's dream come tru... ;(
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

if mila shares his 32tt project recs - ez edq, if not doubt sk0n0r would be interested
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

abruzzi wrote:if mila shares his 32tt project recs - ez edq
sure:
Lukazz wrote:someone could make "elma xiited quick" or something, that would be awesome.
abruzzi wrote:if not doubt sk0n0r would be interested
of course he wouldn't, it's our job to make him interested. coins?
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Firstly then you would have to persuade milagros to release his super recs. Although he is an irreplaceable figure, the most positive ever figure due to his projects we benefit from, he is also a kind of attention seeker. You just always have the feeling that he wants to be hailed for his doings whenever possible, wanting to be in the centre of elma wisdom all the time. Maybe he is right, maybe not, one is sure - such a childish behaviour is the last thing our scene needs, particularly when the strange s&l times have come. Remember how angry he was when he demanded all wr recs for belma and only Madness sent him? Now when the s&l is public he stopped giving his tool assisted replays just because someone pasted some link. Everyone knows that without his far more advanced tools it's too hard even for pros to produce so good speedruns we all very extremely enjoy, but he just "jebnal focha" :devil: that suddenly more people have got the save&load option.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Pawq wrote:atm 85% votes include "now" as a possibility...
rest is end of the world, those probably meant "never".
so now or never? 85% says now, 15% says never. poll was a good idea.
probably sharing all wr recs shouldn't be a problem nau, as most of the styles are known/shared already, so there's only that skint0factor needed.
if skint0r is still active in irc - ez suggest getting those recs and making a movie to him.
im sure he would get tremendous amount of help and support from many people in the community, so that his work would be limited to minimum.

pls make elmen's dream come tru... ;(
skint0r IS interested. It seems many hasn't understood the reason why an EDQ 3 isn't being made. skint0r said some time ago he wanted to make new but it turned out many wr holders didn't want to share recs, so it didn't happen, and he mentioned it again in irc not many days ago that he wished wr holders would share recs so he could make it.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

abruzzi wrote:"jebnal focha"
yea that's sad :( but i was thinking about the second possibility as the one more probable, normal edq3 with normal legit wr recs :)

edit (Kopa's post):
Well, perfect then! The "convincing0-Skint0" part is overcome! What needs to be done now is to persuade all wr-holders to share recs :) I think the first word should be sent to Zweq, as he is known to be the most resistant when it comes to sharing wr-recs, and is holding quite many of them too... If he agrees to share those for the sake of new edq, it will be a downhill since then :)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Pawq, breeze through the topic again and you'll see that skint0r would rather like every rec to be the best, and just maybe maybe he would now agree on making it from all wr recs, but all people would have to share to him soon without too much effort, otherwise i doubt. Nevertheless I guess he'd prefer those mila superrides, what would be another extremely orgasmful event for the scene, but it needs mila to change his attitude, maybe one day he just sends rec to sk0n0r and we'll have a surprise, who knows.

Secondly, Zweq is not any problem here, the guy is cool and he does really love the game and the scene, so if anything depended on him, i think he would do the right move. Unfortunately, it's widely known that it's John who is the stubbornest obstacle when it goes about such things.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Madness wrote:I think it's the right time now...
i absolutely agree)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

John?? ?:DD:)D)): Are you fucking kidding me :D?? Liek all apart from 1-2 shared :D And I BETTTT John would share those too :)
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya lets make it happen here people.